Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:37:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286832 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?  (Read 36173 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2004, 01:35:08 PM »

Bump

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2004, 03:26:10 PM »

President Bush claims to be against Abortion.  Abortion is killing.  But President Bush sends OUR armies into Iraq to kill people. They kill innocent civilians and Iraqi babies.

Why are we Christians not calling for President Bush to stop the killing of Iraqi babies?  Why aren't we calling for the President to stop killing ALL people - born and unborn?

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.
Prevent the evil that could prevail within thyself and thee will have done well. Worry not for the evil in others, but make your sphere of conciousness without sin. That is all one can do, in the midst of an evil world, then a light will shine from your inner self out into the darkness and perhaps show another the way up out of this muck known as the way of man and into the way, the truth and the life which is Christ Jesus.

Pray,
ollie

Support your local Christian.
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2004, 06:25:01 PM »

how many galleons of oil is 1% of the total oil from america?

and somewhere else i read 10%...i'm so confused now  Huh

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
Bronzesnake
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2004, 06:31:23 PM »

I know that this is kind of late in the game to be getting into this thread, but here goes.

It seems to me that most everyone here in opposition to the Iraqi war has forgotten that Saddam Hussein committed one of the largest genocides in human history.  He has brutally murdered millions of Kurds and of his fellow Iraqis.  This war was not fought for monetary gain or for political gain or anything of the sort.  You underestimate our president.  I challenge you to try and find some letters from soldiers that are in Iraq and read them, or listen to them (talk radio is a good place for this).  The men and women bravely serving this country are very optimistic and are told each day by Iraqi civilians that their efforts are greatly appreciated.  The media, of course, does not tell you these things because they want you to hate Bush.  I heard a letter from a soldier in Iraq where he talked about attending a church service at his military base in Baghdad and he was writing home to tell his family that "God is in this place."  amen.

You are so right, Wes. It was not monetary gain. We get less than 1% of our oil from Iraq. Hardly enough to even consider. It had nothing to do with political gain because wars are never "popular". Saddam Hussein was a real and serious threat to world peace and so were his sons. He refused to back down. At the time of the start of the war he was working towards getting nuclear capability through the French and other such countries.

Right on the nail head fellas.

There's also the consideration of intelligence and sources. I'm astonished at the amount of people who "demand" the government reveal "everything". The government can not, and should not do anything so radically foolish as that. Most people don't seem to understand how the intelligence world operates to keep us all safe and sound. If the government revealed all their secrets, there would be many, many dead people - people who are essential in intelligence gathering all over the globe - secret agents and operatives would quickly be exposed and hunted down. Immediately following that, our countries would be at extreme risk of imminent attack, and we wouldn't even have a clue.

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2004, 07:04:25 PM »

Amen, Bronzesnake.

While in the Navy I worked in communications. Many intelligence items passed through my work space. Only an inkling of what the President has to deal with but enough to give me an idea of what you are saying as being the absolute truth. It falls back to an old saying "the need to know".

If government secrets were public knowledge incidents like 9/11 would be common place and miniscule in comparison to what would be going on.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
BFWard

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2004, 09:27:02 PM »

Since we are on the subject, why don't we call on Muslim Militants to stop killing Christian babies?

"51: Call to remembrance what acts our fathers did in their time; so shall ye receive great honour and an everlasting name. "
1 Maccabees 2:51 (KJV)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2004, 12:17:35 AM »

Since we are on the subject, why don't we call on Muslim Militants to stop killing Christian babies?

We are...at the moment - in Falluja.

Bronzesnake
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2004, 01:39:51 AM »

Worry not for the evil in others, but make your sphere of conciousness without sin.
Ollie –
The depth of your prose did not go unnoticed.
Matthew 7:3
God Bless,
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2004, 07:41:59 AM »

JudgeNot!!!!

What is this....a sneak attack post?   Grin   Feel free to visit us MORE often (hint hint....lol)   We sure do miss you around here dude!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2004, 09:02:10 PM »

I am against the war personally, because it has clearly destabilized the middle east during an optimum time for peace (Arafat's Death).  As far as Israel/Palestine goes, I am not on either side, because in my opinion they both have a right to be there.  I think Jesus, God, Mohammed and Allah would be happiest if the Israelis and Palestinians shared the land, and stopped the needless killing, however you guys may disagree with me on that one.

I am not a fan of Mr. Bush, although be noted I am not an American.  When the war started I was for it, but from what I know now, I do not see how anyone can not admit it was a grave mistake.  For your information Saddam attacked the Kurds in 1988 when George HW Bush, was in the middle of his presidency.  The idea that we went to war to avenge the Kurds is quite frankly incorrect.  We went because we thought Al Quaeda was linked with Saddam, and we thought they had WMD's, of course neither are true.  However, I am glad Saddam is out, even though I do not think it was worth the price of 100'000 iraqi lives and 1300ish US lives.  The only thing left is stabilizing Iraq, and continuing the fight against terrorist networks.

Imagine...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2004, 02:21:49 AM »

Silver,

xjesusrocksx, keanon, and coptic, were trolls, trouble makers who are now gone.

And anyway, its a little late to be complaining about the war and President Bush, we all need to be supporting our troops and our President.

AMEN brother

Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2004, 03:50:12 AM »

I will play devil's advocate.  The fact is, the rest of the world, Canada, EU, Arab Countries, you name it despises the United States.  Obviously America is a prosperous country, however if the Kerry v Bush election was worldwide, Kerry would have won with 70% of the vote, you can disagree with me on this but you would be incorrect. http://members1.chello.nl/~a.horlings/doc-polls.html

Additionally, there have been approx 100'000 iraqi civilian casualties, this is not an opinion this is a fact http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1338749,00.html

Those guys were trolls, and they weren't christian, but in all fairness, many actual christians oppose the war, and I do not feel that it is unchristian to question wars of this nature.

Imagine...
Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2004, 04:20:25 PM »

You seem to be good at making assumptions, so allow me to correct you.

1.) I am not an American, but rather a Canadian

2.) I linked you to a survey, and additionally a survey was conducted in Canada as to who Canadians would vote for, It was some 70% for Kerry.  I have also seen other worldwide polls, which I don't have links to at the moment, however they have all indicated that Kerry is supported overwhelmingly.  A poll was conducted in Britain (your ally) as to what percentage of people approve of America.  There was something like a 14% approval rating.  I realize that you either love or hate Bush, he is very popular in rural America, but keep in mind that the higher educated the census, the more popular John Kerry is.

3. The death toll is approximately 100'000, the Lancet is a respected non partisan academic journal.  The media is critisized for being liberal, however Fox News is owned by the cousin of GWB.

Going into iraq was a mistake, plain and simple.  Intelligence now reports that Iraq had no wmd's nor did they have any desire to attack america.  Remember Saddam is a sunni muslim, whereas Bin Laden, is a shi'ite.  Imagine the catholic vs protestant rivalry multiplied 10 fold, Osama, not only didn't care for Saddam, he outright hated him.  Remember Iraq is enemies with Iran, and Saddam thought that the United States would side with him.

Preemptive strike is a dangerous issue.  Even if Iraq had Al-Quaeda members in it, so do 60 other countries, including Canada.  Destabilizing the middle east, will only gotcha8 more people off and as a result create more terrorists.

Imagine...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2004, 09:22:32 PM »

I will play devil's advocate.  The fact is, the rest of the world, Canada, EU, Arab Countries, you name it despises the United States.  Obviously America is a prosperous country, however if the Kerry v Bush election was worldwide, Kerry would have won with 70% of the vote, you can disagree with me on this but you would be incorrect.
Yes because Kerry is a wishy washy person. Wanting to make others happy and not his country. According to facts, Kerry is American. Therefore he should have been putting his country first, not last.

Additionally, there have been approx 100'000 iraqi civilian casualties, this is not an opinion this is a fact http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1338749,00.html
Please get your facts correct, the guardian, has been against the war since day one. So yes they will control what they want, with false information.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 10:18:42 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

wrg

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2004, 02:16:33 AM »

the Bible tells us that governments rise and fall at the will of God. therfor the fact that Sadom is no longer in charge in Iraq shows that at least part of what is happening was ordained by God. this does not prove that the action itself was rightous, because there are many ungodly nations that God used to punish other ungodly nations. I tend to think that if you average the lives lost and suffering during the 30 year reign of Saadam, you will find that in the long run the Iraqy people will suffer less and people will die less without him.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the