Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christian Science: Friend or Foe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian Science: Friend or Foe  (Read 970 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »

Christian Science: Friend or Foe

"A friend told me about a group called Christian Science. Is this the same thing as Christianity..."

There are many religious groups in the world today and many claim to be the same as, or a "cousin" to Christianity.  Some groups even add the name Christian in their name to add authority to their beliefs.  Although most of these groups don't practice human sacrifices, if you get involved in them you may be sacrificing your own spiritual life.

How can we KNOW the truth?  If you were hired by the FBI to be a counterfeit money expert, they wouldn't take you to a super-top-secret place, that they have to blind-fold you so you don't see where it is, just to let you look at fake money.  They wouldn't say, "this is monopoly money, see how it doesn't look like the dollar?" or "Here's a big fake dollar from a convenience store in Texas…see how it doesn't look like the dollar?" They wouldn't go around and show you a bunch of fake dollars; they would show you the real dollar bill.  They would walk you over every inch of the real dollar and you would study it intently.  Once you study the dollar bill and knew every inch of it, you could look at other dollar bills and be able to tell whether they are fake or real.  By following this example, we are able to compare our beliefs against those of the Christian Scientists.  Here's what you find:

Here are some the ideas they follow:  God is impersonal (basically, they say we can't have a personal relationship with Him); they don't think that God is a Trinity (the bible clearly teaches God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit).  They say matter does not exist; therefore sin does not exist (If I close my eyes while I'm standing on the railroad track, does that mean the train won't hit me?)  They say that man (mankind) is spiritual and perfect, and is incapable of sin, sickness, and death (Check out Romans 3:23) To them, Jesus was not the Christ (this alone is a HUGE cause for concern, it's the foundation of the Christian faith), they say Jesus was just a man who lived in Palestine in the first century.  They believe that the virgin birth of Jesus happened spiritually, in Mary's mind, and that it was not a physical event.  To them, salvation is of no concern since sin is an illusion and doesn't really exist. Since matter doesn't exist…they believe sickness isn't real either, so they do not use doctors or surgeons. (I read the story of some parents who let their 13 month old son scream with pain as he had convulsions for 12 days, because their READER (they don't have preachers) told them to not do anything but focus on it not being real, when the parents finally took the child to the hospital, it was too late the baby died.)

Their church services consist of a READER (not preacher), reading a pre-prepared lesson sent to them from the mother church (is that like a mother ship?) out of Boston, Massachusetts.  They do read parts of the bible along with a science book (written by their founder) for their studies.

These are just a few of their beliefs and practices, if you would like to learn more about them you can check out the book "Why So Many Gods?" by K. ETUE, it's written for youth and it's easy to understand even I understood it!  This was only one of the references I used to gain this information, I can send you more if you would like.

In no way am I making fun of anyone's beliefs, however, the teachings of Christian Science directly contradict the teachings of Christianity.  As a matter of fact, all of the books I read on this subject, place Christian Science under the 'cult' section.  In Christianity, the foundation of all we believe rests on the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.   To gain salvation, we must believe in our heart and confess with our mouth that Jesus Christ is our LORD and savior.  He died so that we could live. 

The information that Christian scientists talk about CAN make a lot of sense, but if you study the bible (daily) and have a relationship with Jesus (who IS the Christ), you will know that their information is false.  It's hard to discern between right and wrong with all the religious ideas floating around but when you study the dollar (the bible), you will be able to see the truth and you will be able to point out the counterfeits. 

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »

Amen brother

The key is to study the Bible and pray.  The Bible tells us that God will answer our prayers.  If you are in any denomination or organization that professes to be Christian but does not use the Bible or teach that the Bible is the most important physical thing we have on earth then I would seriously consider you getting out of there and finding another line of faith.

If your leader is preaching anything that appears to contradict what the Bible says, I would say to ask them about it.  If they go against what the Bible says or pull out some other book to show where they are right....get out of there. 

That is so correct that there are many that use Christian or Christ in their name to get you to think they are just another Christian denomination.  When in fact they are front for a huge cult, or even a small cult.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the