Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Appreciating God’s Creation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appreciating God’s Creation  (Read 1116 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2006, 01:14:27 PM »

Appreciating God’s Creation

“And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed. And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food” (Genesis 2:8,9).

Everything in the Garden of Eden was prepared for man’s enjoyment. His every conceivable need was filled. In the time between creation and the curse, Adam and Eve no doubt fully enjoyed the vegetation (Genesis 2:5,9,15,16), the animals (vs.19,20), the atmosphere and the weather (vs.5,6), the rivers, and the raw materials (vs.10–14), each other (vs.18,21–25), and fellowship with God (3:Cool.

But soon they rebelled and were driven from the beautiful Garden (3:24), and ever since, mankind’s ability to enjoy creation has been shackled somewhat, for creation was distorted by sin, and the eyes of each one of us have become dull.

The second verse of the well-loved hymn, “I Am His, and He is Mine,” describes a partial reopening of the eyes of a believer upon salvation, as a love gift from our Lord. Heav’n above is softer blue, Earth around is sweeter green; Something lives in ev’ry hue Christless eyes have never seen! Birds with gladder songs o’erflow, Flowers with deeper beauties shine, Since I know, as now I know, I am His and He is mine.

In His abundant love for His children, our Lord promises to supply all our needs once again. “Why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these” (Matthew 6:28,29). Creation’s beauty waits to thrill us and instruct us. Our loving Father wills it so.

But creation will be fully restored soon, and “the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing” (Isaiah 35:1,2). He beckons us to join Him in His kingdom.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:54:53 PM »

This thread has really made me think PR.
How many times do we really think about and appreciate God's cration?

He didn't have to make the flowers smell good, but He did because God loves a good fragrance.
He didn't have to add that splash of oranges, pinks and reds in the sunset, but He did, He loves beautiful things,
He didn't have to make all fruit smell and taste different, but He did.

He didn't have to make the earth beautiful, but He did.

Great and mighty are His works.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:33:20 PM »

AMEN

But really it is all just a random occurance with odds that defy the possiblility of winning 1 million super powerball lotteries in a row, right?  Wink

Wonderful words brother to describe a wonderful creation.  One that every time I smell that flower I thank God not only for the flower but the nose in which to smell it.

Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 06:30:29 PM »

But really it is all just a random occurance with odds that defy the possiblility of winning 1 million super powerball lotteries in a row, right?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 12:35:16 AM »

At times, I think God gave us beauty to look at to see, His work.  Every where I look, I can see Gods hands, in beauty.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »

Amen and even listening to the waves on the ocean (sorry DW, forgot you don't have an ocean in Az  Sad  ) and listening to the beautiful melodies of differnt birds, and the gentle breeze blowing thru the leaves on the trees. And feeling the breeze going thru your hair (provided you have hair  Grin   Roll Eyes )

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:10:47 AM »

I do miss the ocean waves. During down time while at sea I would go topd side and watch the sun come up or go down. It was a beautiful, awe inspiring sight. The vastness of the waters, the waves, the clear view of sky and sun that is difficult to see while on land. As big and beautiful as that is knowing that God is so much bigger and what He has in store for us will be so much more beautiful. It is beyond words.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 12:13:55 PM »

Amen to that brother.

There was nothing like being at sea.  During the day looking out over the ocean and seeing nothing but blue sky and water was wonderful.  And at night hitting the weatherdecks during a darkened ship condition and a clear night was beautiful to see the stars.  I remember one night in the North Atlantic region the Northern Lights were ablaze it was simply awe inspiring.

I have a CD of ocean sounds if you would like it Wink

Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 12:32:09 PM »

Thank you brother, I appreciate the offer but I have several myself including some that I made on my last tour onboard a ship.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »

I have ocean, distant thunder, mountain serenity, tropical rainforest, all with beautiful background music.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the