Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:38:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Receiving the Word of God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Receiving the Word of God  (Read 996 times)
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2005, 01:19:52 PM »

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..."
2 Tim 3:16

In some other translations it says God-inspired. KJV says given by inspiration by God.  However, the greek word here means God-breathed. This is so important to understand.

"Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he BREATHED on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit."
John 20:21-22

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are SPIRIT and they are LIFE.
John 6:63

You see, the Word of God gives us life because it is the breath of God! But why is it that so many of you, when you read and study the bible, you feel so dead inside?

The reason is because it isnt being received by the spirit. It must be because these words are spirit. You must receive the Word in the spirit and this is done through PRAYER....

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. which is the Word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit
..."
Ephesians 6:17-18

When you read the bible with your mind alone it is no different than any other book. However, the Word of God is LIVING! It gives life. When we just use our mind we are only looking at the words. But we need to take it in; we need to eat it! This is by the spirit, and by the spirit means we have to PRAY.

Most people will try to read as much of the bible in the shortest amount of time possible, thinking if they read more they'll gain more. You won't, just the opposite...it kills you. Take each word one at a time. And believe with all your being in them. Speak these words back to God (this would be prayer). then you will experience life and the Word of God becoming reality.

I always here people talking about God and what this or that verse says. But these are all generalities. In their hearts they dont believe in them. Be done with generalities and be specific for reality! The Word of God is powerful!

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the WORD OF GOD...
Heb 11:3

The very Word of God created all things. How much more so are the Words before you are real?
Layman Bairn

Christ who is our life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 11:33:03 PM »

Amen Felix,

You wrote:

Most people will try to read as much of the bible in the shortest amount of time possible, thinking if they read more they'll gain more. You won't, just the opposite...it kills you. Take each word one at a time. And believe with all your being in them. Speak these words back to God (this would be prayer). then you will experience life and the Word of God becoming reality

I really enjoyed your exhortation regarding speaking the word back to God. This is a marvelous experience that I have been having in recent months. As I pray and begin to get past my poor little intellect, more and more scripture begins to flow out in my speaking. This is very transforming and building (faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God). The Spirit and the Word answer perfectly. The word hides in our heart for such times. Often I am citing scriptures I haven’t thought about for ages. What a living Word it is!

You have found the secret of the Manna in the word Felix. When we come to scripture in this way we are feeding on the Bread of Heaven …..Life and Reality…wonderful.

Agape
Bairn

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4.When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 02:56:37 AM »

receiving the Word of God on: April 13, 2005, 08:40:08 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Felix,

Though I don't really know you, I was much impressed to share something with you: Last night I read a chapter in an old book by my favorite Christian author, Andrew Murray and I was amazed at how confirming it was regarding you topic "Receiving the Word of God". When you have time I encourage you to enjoy...http://articles.christiansunite.com/article1772.shtml

Agape
Bairn  

I thought that this should be open to all.  Smiley I think Murray speaks of receiving the Word of God better here:

http://articles.christiansunite.com/article1772.shtml
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 02:57:00 AM by felix102 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the