Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:58:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  King James Version 100% pure
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: King James Version 100% pure  (Read 28070 times)
AVBunyan
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2005, 02:17:25 PM »

So could the emphasis be more on the reader than the text itself?
Bronzesnake

I believe two things are required:
1. God's pure words
2. A regenerated saint with a humble and believing heart.

Yes, there is spiritual food to be found inthe newer versions but the growth will be stunted.  One can live off of McDonalds but will be weak.

I read a lot of the old days (1600's to 1930 or so) - these saints had a diet of basically one Bible - Geneva or KJV later.  These saints were spiritually stronger than we are today.

The modern versions contain some of the words of God - they contain the messages of the word of God but this does not mean they are the pure word of God.

We have to face the cold facts that today regardless of what version is in use - including the KJV- we are the weakest, most worldly, and carnal bunch ever!  Our shame.

All I am saying is though we, as a whole, are in a mess so at least have the book that God used for starters and let it work in and through us.  

Toss the modern versions aside.

God bless
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2005, 02:18:18 PM »

I know for a fact that there are lots of people who read the KJV and also have doubts, or even down and out deny Jesus is God.

This is true. There are some that no matter how much evidence is given them they simply refuse to believe. Some of this could be that "biblical foreknowledge" they believe they have due to false teachers, etc.

Unfortunately this is added to by such Bibles as the NIV or worse ones that completely eradicate the deity of Jesus Christ.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2005, 02:28:24 PM »

AVBunyan and Pastor Roger.

OK, thank you for explaining this to me. I do understand your concerns now, and I can say that I tend to agree with you fellows.

See? Solid rock can be penetrated!  Cheesy Tongue

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2005, 02:30:10 PM »

One other thing that I want to say and point out to the KJV only advocates. Some, maybe even many, KJV only advocates in their enthusiasim get carried away and nit pick the other bibles to death and even come up with falsified or uneducated statements about them just because a certain person said it is true (like that one web site pointed out above). Remember here that we are talking about the Word of God and its accuracies in doing so we must insure that our statements about these various bibles are also accurate less we convince them we are wrong about those bibles.

I am sure that you, Bronze, have run into this in the Creation vs evolution subject also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
joelkaki

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2005, 02:38:58 PM »

It seems to me that you are all mostly forgetting this the KJV is a translation of a particular text.  We have no basis for saying that the KJV is the *only* inspired translation.  Greek words can be translated into English in different ways.  The way the KJV does it is not the only valid way, and in some places, is not even the best way.  Even putting aside the textual issues, we have to remember that translations can indeed vary in translation.  And I believe that when we translate into English, we should make sure that the way we translate is generally understandable to our current audience (note, I am NOT saying that we should just paraphrase).  The KJV's translations of passages in which the Greek text used is the same as that of the ESV, NASB, etc, are not automatically better than the translations of the ESV etc.  We have no reason to take it like that.  

Joel
Bronzesnake
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2005, 02:40:37 PM »

One other thing that I want to say and point out to the KJV only advocates. Some, maybe even many, KJV only advocates in their enthusiasim get carried away and nit pick the other bibles to death and even come up with falsified or uneducated statements about them just because a certain person said it is true (like that one web site pointed out above). Remember here that we are talking about the Word of God and its accuracies in doing so we must insure that our statements about these various bibles are also accurate less we convince them we are wrong about those bibles.

I am sure that you, Bronze, have run into this in the Creation vs evolution subject also.

Well stated my friend, and the very reason I got my haunches up right off the bat. You have a good eye my brother. Cheesy

Bronzesnake
joelkaki

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2005, 02:55:03 PM »

As I'm thinking over these posts, I thought of something that would really help in this discussion.  So, those of you that are KJV-only (/mostly/best/whatever), I want you to give me in a few paragraphs/pages (not a book), why you believe that we should use the KJV only, w/o talking about the "corruptions" in the modern versions.  In other words, what is so great about the KJV?  I don't know if I have ever heard such an explanation.

Joel
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2005, 03:29:25 PM »

The KJV has withstood the test of time in its accuracies. Both historically and spiritually. Once a person understands a few basic words (such as ye, thou, thine, etc.) it is quite simple to read. It is very thorough in the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. It is very thorough in telling us just who Jesus Christ is and why it is important for us to know this (Salvation through Jesus Christ). It has many thorough lessons that guide us in our walk with Him. It is all this and so very, very much more. It is the inherent Word of God.

joelkaki

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2005, 05:13:42 PM »

The KJV has withstood the test of time in its accuracies. Both historically and spiritually.

The KJV has indeed been used of God for a long time to promote truth.  But that does not make it the best translation (plus I do believe there are several translation/textual issues, but that is not the question of the moment).  Simply because something has been good for a long time does not mean it is the best translation that should be used over anything else.

Once a person understands a few basic words (such as ye, thou, thine, etc.) it is quite simple to read.

Not necessarily true, as there are many words that are archaic and would not be understood by a lot of people today.  Plus, some of the same words are used, but in different ways, which could promote confusion, especially to new Christians.  
  Another question being, "why even learn ye, thou, etc?"  Why not just use something that has the words we use today.  It's actually not all that simple to read--most new Christians and even others that have been Christians for a long time find it hard to read.  I personally don't have too much trouble reading it, because it was my first translation, and I read some of the old puritan works in old english sometimes.  

It is very thorough in the Doctrine of Jesus Christ.

I don't see how that is an argument for the KJV translation.  The doctrine of Jesus Christ is the same in most translations, because they present the same teachings, just with different words.  

It is very thorough in telling us just who Jesus Christ is and why it is important for us to know this (Salvation through Jesus Christ).

That is no particular claim to fame for the KJV.  That information can be had from other translations.  That is really not an argument of any sort for the translation of the KJV.  I'm talking about why is the KJV as a translation so good?  

It has many thorough lessons that guide us in our walk with Him. It is all this and so very, very much more. It is the inherent Word of God.

Again, having many lessons guiding us in our walk with God is not peculiar to the KJV.  For example, in older versions, we had the Geneva Bible, etc.  That is not an argument for the translation.  

What do you mean by the inherent word of God?  As in, to the exclusion of other versions?  It is the same/more word of God than the originals?  How do you know that? That is more what I am getting at.  Why do you think the KJV is such a great translation?

Joel
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2005, 10:53:08 PM »

I can see where this is leading and sorry I don't have the time to go into a lengthy discussion of manuscripts, ancient texts and semantics. Maybe some other time.

The reasons I gave in my prior posts on this thread should suffice.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 10:55:20 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

PeterAV
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2005, 12:00:54 AM »

[quote author=joelkaki The KJV has indeed been used of God for a long time to promote truth.What do you mean by the inherent word of God?  As in, to the exclusion of other versions?  It is the same/more word of God than the originals?  How do you know that? That is more what I am getting at.  Why do you think the KJV is such a great translation?
Joel

Good questions there,Joel.
Here are the basics.
The AV is founded upon the majoruty of manuscript evidence.
99 percent to be exact.This includes the thousands of manuscripts that have been discovered since 1611.
The KJV has proven itself to be exact throughout and throughout history.But the Other 1 percent,the minority text is corrupted throughout and throughout history,By heritics such as Origen,Jerome,Eusebius,and later brought back to life in these last days by the two heretics and necromancers,Westcott and Hort.The modern versions follow this minority false text.In particular two manuscripts[Vaticanus and Sinaiticus.]Plus a couple more.
These two texts cannot agree with each other any two verses in a row,and that is why the availability of thousands and thousands of variations.Whereas the KJV is in total agreement with the majorty of the manuscripts throughout.
 All of the modern versions are corupted thereby.There are so many blunders,is incredible.NIV,alone has 64,098 words missing from the text.Plus the Manuscripts that the modern versions use include Non-Biblical works such as "The Book Of Hermes" and " The Shepherd of Barnabus" and others.
These two teach to give over to the Beast,take the number of the Beast,kill anyone that does not take the number of the Beast.[Riplinger]
The heresy taught in the new versions is incredible,such as the NIV which teaches that Jesus is a sinner,and in danger of the judgement.Matthew 5:22.And there are literally hundreds just like it,when you take time to really study.

Here is a small sample of the coruptions in the modern fake Bibles put out by these heretics.
This is a bell weather test to see if you have a pure Holy Bible or not.Compare these with the only trustworthy edition of the Holy Bible ,the AV 1611 King James Bible.
Remember,that all these wanna-bees compare themselves to the KJV and try to say that it is in need of updating,but to what expence?
Mat 12 :6,42
Mk 10:24
Lk 2:33
Jn 1:18,
Jn 3:13
Act 20:28
Ro 9:5
II Tim 3:3,16
Jms 5:16
This alone is too much folly to be acceptable.
Mat 1:25
Mat 6:13
Jn 17:5
Gal 3:1
Col 1:14
Col 3:2
II Tim 2:15
Heb 11:6
Rev 22:14
Not one jot or tittle,Right?
Lk 4:4,8
Lk 23:42
Jn 9:35
Rom 8:1
I Cor 5:7
II Cor 2:17
Gal 5:4
I Tim 3:16
I Pt 2:2
..Satan cometh immediately and taketh away the word..
Mk 9:46,48
Lk 24:51,52
JN 8:9
Act 1:3
Rom 1:18,25
Rom 13:9
II Cor 10:4
I Tim 6:5,8,10,20
This should be more than enouph to show you just what kind of Bible you really have.

The AV is even better than the "ORIGINALS" because I can see them.[The 'originals' do not exhist]In fact,every time that the Bible mentions the word Scriptures,is always about a copy or a translation.

The AV is much better than the 'originals',because I can read it.We would be waiting a long time to read the 'originals',and even if they did pop up,of which they won't;who can read them?

Plus there are a variety of other reasons,but I spare you the verbage.

The AV is error free.In fact,if you picked up a 1611 "ORIGINAL"and compared it to a 2005 edition of the 1611 it would be word for word perfect,just as the LORD would have it.
The AV is the only English that acurately portrays the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts.That is the specific reason there are such words as THEE.THOU,THINE,and YE.The Th's are singular,and the ye is plural.Plus the ending to words give the tences,such as seekETH,etc.In fact all other languages use these endings and plural and singulars in their verbage as matter of rote.

I could go on for hours but this is in a nut shell the reason WHY the KJV is the Holy Bible while the others are fakes.
Plus they cannot make money without a coppyright,so they HAVE to use other words,sooner or later,it just becomes rediculous.We are already there.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2005, 11:31:33 AM »

I am so happy that the Bible has been translated into over 6000 languages besides English.  Would anyone like to know more about this?

http://www.answers.com/topic/bible-translations

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2005, 11:53:52 AM »

M,
Good stuff.
Let us not forget those among us who are most instrumental in distributing the written Truth - our interdenominational friends the Gideons.
http://www.gideons.org

I spent this last week in Chicago on business.  Even though I generally always travel with one of my Bibles, when staying in a hotel I like to use the one left by the Gideons.  It’s interesting to see where past room occupants sometimes underline certain passages or even write comments in the margins.  But the most interesting thing about this trip – the Gideon’s Bible in my room was the NKJV.  When did the Gideons move from the KJV to the NKJV???  Anyone know?  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
PeterAV
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2005, 06:18:45 PM »

Quote from: M
I am so happy that the Bible has been translated into over 6000 languages besides English.
[quote
Over 900 have been translated sraight from the King James.
Wycliff has compromised,big time.They follow the Alexandrian texts also.We are definitely living in the last days.The Laodicean era.Luke warm.Laos=people...Docea=justice.
Luke warm era of Human rights.
PeterAV
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2005, 06:22:36 PM »

[quote author=JudgeNot among us who are most instrumental in distributing the written Truth - our interdenominational friends the Gideons. .. But the most interesting thing about this trip – the Gideon’s Bible in my room was the NKJV.  When did the Gideons move from the KJV to the NKJV???  Anyone know?  
Yes,they have given into the pressure of the salesmen of the new version,and make several versions available now.
NKJV<KJV<NASB.They have gone the way of compromise.
Sad to say.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the