Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  When does this happen in Mark 16: 17,18
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When does this happen in Mark 16: 17,18  (Read 3327 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »

This another book that is very interesting, is found in Mark 16:17 and 18. It should be a given that Israel will soon be set aside. Because I don't see any of the disciples taking up serpents, drinks any deadly drink, so when does this happen. I know that they healed the sick, spoke with tongues, but I don't see the rest happenning. So if Israel IS set aside ,and God starts dealing with Isreal , that leaves only one time period left.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »

I see that you are still stuck on "time periods" and because of that it appears that it is clouding your overall studies.

Romans chapters 9-11 is a good place to look for your answers. Paul tells us in this scripture that Israel was set aside but only in part as some would accept Jesus Christ as Saviour. The setting aside of Israel is only temporary. God has not yet finished dealing with Israel and won't be until He comes unto His own. As for the Apostles and serpents/deadly drink ... We are told that they performed many miracles and wonders. It does not tell us what all those miracles and wonders were. It was not something that they would purposefully do as we see Paul instructing the Corinthians to not tempt Christ in regards to serpents.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »

A lot of the bible is about time, and you found me out. Even though I am a dispensationlist , I  study the Old Testament, and Mark 16: 16,17 is very interesting. I believe that Mark is yet future that happens in the Tribulation. Why is protection given to them , against what is spoken in Rev 9: 19, It reads as ; for their power is in their mouth, and in their tails, for their were like unto serpent, and had heads, and with them they do hurt. To me this why , that serpents can't hurt them during the Tribulation. Rev 8: 11 talks about the star wormwood that fall from heaven , and makes the water undrinkable,amd many men die. To me all of Mark 16: 16,17,18 all happen in the Revelation and is fulfilled here.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »

I think that you need to do some more studying then.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
doug

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »

I believe that the answer is found in the immediate context. Have you read as far as verse 20 of the same chapter? It says:
And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Verse 20 is a record of the disciples' obedience. They did just what they were told to do. Amen.
I ask the same question as that of a recent posted reply: Why are we hung up on time periods?

_doug
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 05:31:44 AM »

I believe that the answer is found in the immediate context. Have you read as far as verse 20 of the same chapter? It says:
And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Verse 20 is a record of the disciples' obedience. They did just what they were told to do. Amen.
I ask the same question as that of a recent posted reply: Why are we hung up on time periods?

Hello Doug,

I'll answer your last question. I highlighted it in red.

I'll just ask you two more questions, but I could ask hundreds of questions that deal specifically with time periods.

1)  Do you drink deadly poisons?  If not, why not?

2)  Do you make burnt offerings and sacrifices to GOD?  If not, why not?

The original question starting this thread deals with the Jews requiring a sign for belief. GOD provided more than adequate miracles, signs, and wonders, but most of the Jews still rejected CHRIST. JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF performed (IN PERSON) many miracles, signs, and wonders - but the Jews had HIM crucified. There was a specific time and purpose for the power GOD gave HIS Apostles. That time is over. As easy examples, the Apostles were violently martyred, and the Apostle Paul suffered with an illness for a good portion of his ministry. CHRIST HIMSELF had specific times and purposes for the power that HE displayed. JESUS CHRIST allowed mankind to crucify HIM. Otherwise, no collection of armies could have forced CHRIST to do anything. JESUS CHRIST knew before the foundation of the world that HE had an appointed time to die on the CROSS for mankind. The time for HIS crucifixion wasn't early or late - rather HIS Appointed Time and HIS Specific Purpose.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.  9  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.  10  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

That which is perfect has come. The Perfect was the Holy Bible - GOD'S WORD. The TIME it came was the time that the last book of the Bible was completed. The Completed Holy Bible is the Full Revelation of GOD, and it will endure forever. GOD gave the power of "Sign Gifts" to selected men for a Temporary Time and a Specific Purpose BEFORE THE FULL REVELATION OF GOD. THE SIGN GIFTS WERE GIVEN AND USED IN THE INFANCY OF THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. Nothing here is designed to hint that GOD'S POWER is limited in any way, RATHER THAT THE POWER HE GAVE MEN WAS LIMITED AND TEMPORARY. ALMIGHTY GOD has POWER without Limit that's impossible to define or imagine, and HE does as HE please in Heaven and on earth.

In conclusion, GOD has time periods and details beyond imagination for everything. HE numbered the hairs on your head before the foundation of the world - HE knew you in your mother's womb - HE knew the days, hours, minutes, and seconds of your life before CREATION in ETERNITY PAST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 84 - There is only one relationship that matters, and
that is your personal relationship to a personal Redeemer and Lord.
Let everything else go, but maintain that at all cost, and God will
fulfill His purpose through your life. (This includes meeting the
needs of your heart) One individual life may be of priceless value to
God's purpose, and yours may be that life. -- Oswald Chambers

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:43:36 AM »

I do believe that you misunderstood my comments on "time periods". It is not because they are not important because as Brother Tom mentions in his post they are important. My point was to ask why some people concentrate on just the time periods and totally ignore the rest that is important. If these people that wish to argue over time periods put that same energy into leading the lost to Christ I do believe that we would see very different results all around us.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 09:11:44 AM »

I do believe that you misunderstood my comments on "time periods". It is not because they are not important because as Brother Tom mentions in his post they are important. My point was to ask why some people concentrate on just the time periods and totally ignore the rest that is important. If these people that wish to argue over time periods put that same energy into leading the lost to Christ I do believe that we would see very different results all around us.

AMEN BROTHER!

I understood your comments on time periods, and I certainly understand and appreciate your comments about arguments. Trying to lead the lost to Christ is the single most important thing we have left to do. Sadly, there probably isn't much time left to do this. At the same time, false teachers and false prophets are springing up everywhere and making things very confusing for the lost. YES - all of us should be spending most of our time and effort in sharing the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD. This is still the most Powerful and Desperately needed Message in the world. I never grow tired of hearing it or reading it. In fact, this message becomes more beautiful by the day. It's a message important enough for JESUS CHRIST to give HIS Life on the CROSS for us - to SAVE us - to pay our penalties - to rescue us from the curse of sin and death. SO, what message could possibly be more important than this one. May GOD give us the strength, guidance, and courage to keep sharing the GOOD NEWS of SALVATION until the last moment.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 2 - 1 Corinthians 1:21-24 For after that in the
wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the
foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews
require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach
Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks
foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks,
Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 09:17:19 AM »

May GOD give us the strength, guidance, and courage to keep sharing the GOOD NEWS of SALVATION until the last moment.[/b]

Amen.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the