Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why christian metal bands aren't recognized by Christian sites?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why christian metal bands aren't recognized by Christian sites?  (Read 1938 times)
login_beta23
« on: September 19, 2006, 05:19:10 AM »

Heavy metal for Jesus really good. It'll draw many kids to God but why aren't it considered by Christians as Christian music?
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 05:28:51 AM »

mmm...i think it really depends on the site...but generally those that listen to that music arent really the ones who write on websites...i dont mind it but i dont think there are as many artists out there in this genre which might have something to do with it too

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 07:51:08 AM »

I don't know, they seem fine to me. as long is preach about our Lord words!  Cool
However here one of theory http://www.biblebelievers.com/Rock1.html

I'm not against music, okay. Undecided

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 09:26:04 AM »

I don't know, they seem fine to me. as long is preach about our Lord words!  Cool
However here one of theory http://www.biblebelievers.com/Rock1.html

I'm not against music, okay. Undecided
Ok i just wrote a whole big reply to this then lost it bugger!!!!
ok hear goes again!!!
ROCK IS NOT SATANIC!!!mmm i never said that i thought that the lyrics to "some" of these songs are not fine...i quite like the music personally i like the beat and the music if i can understand the lyrics...music doesnt necessarily have to be christian for it to be ok...some songs are just about general things that apply to everyone...and i also never said that you were against the music..just so were clear...
ok so i started to read that site that you listed and then skim read the rest...seriously that is wack
If you are a Christian and you don't realize that secular rock is evil and demonic then you better get your spiritual eyes examined because you have big problems
i think not!!! the bible verses are taken out of context also...notice how they use the version that best twists to what they want to say...
they seem to go off about the fact that its "rock music" thats bad rather than the lyrics what would happen if we put K.I.S.S (caps cause it stands for Knights In Satans Service) Any Way You Want It or Korns A.D.I.D.A.S (if you dont know what that stands for good!) or Killin You to the music of Amazing Grace or How Great Thou Art or another of the beautiful hymn...are we going to say that "hymn music style  Wink" is satanic um no i dont think so....i think it may be the lyrics that people will complain about! Christian bands such as POD (Payable On Death) and Switchfoot are great examples of christian rock music...with lyrics that mean something to young people...
This one was taken from POD's song Alive
Now that I know you
(I could never
Turn my back away)
Now that I see you
(I could neva look away)
Now that I know you
(I could neva
Turn my back away)
Now that I see you
(I believe no matta
What they say!)
[/b]
Ill let you decifer that for your self but they are not talking about some relationship with a girl...
and this was taken from Switchfoot's Dare You To Move
Maybe redemption has stories to tell
maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here
[/b]
Rather self explanitory also Lifehouse' Hanging By A Moment....great song lyricly speaking not necc. rock though
http://www.lyrics007.com/Lifehouse%20Lyrics/Hanging%20By%20A%20Moment%20Lyrics.html
Anyway thats a bit to think on but personally i think the sites rubbish and is just refurbish junk thats been around since rocks been around

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 09:49:12 AM »

Amen! I don't know any about rock or metal, but Amen anyway!
By the way do you like my cow? Cheesy

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 09:53:16 AM »

Amen! I don't know any about rock or metal, but Amen anyway!
By the way do you like my cow? Cheesy

Why thankyou!!!! ***bows***
About the cow...yep!!!! Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »

If you look at the history of music in the churches you will see a trend that goes back further than rock. At one time the music was stolid, stiff, don't anybody twitch a muscle music. Any other style than that was considered to be satanic. Now we have various styles, Folk, Blues, Country,  ........  the list goes on.

At one time or another each one of these styles were considered satanic because they were different than the current trend of music in the churches. I think it was Tolorah that was saying something about the words, the lyrics, in the songs .....  I think it is what we do with the songs, the music and the lyrics .... the wrods should honor Him.

As the Bible tells us whatever we say or do we should do it as though were doing it for the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 04:05:08 AM »

Bring on the country music!!!! hehe anyone agree?Huh?

login_beta23
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 06:23:44 AM »

I know rock music changed the way of praise and worship forever. Like hillsong. But some people think that those old gregorian chants are sacred and are criticizing the world of Christian Rock. I wonder what's wrong with those people.
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 07:58:39 AM »

I know rock music changed the way of praise and worship forever. Like hillsong. But some people think that those old gregorian chants are sacred and are criticizing the world of Christian Rock. I wonder what's wrong with those people.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with these people!!! Personally I cant stand "most" (but not all) Hillsong songs...so many of them are bland and the same and   are more about what we can do for him and things like that...i feel the old hymns have way more meaning then most of these songs these "old gregorian chants" are "real" peoples stories...real peoples pains and joys they are real not just words written down and sung...you can feel their pain and joy! never underestimate the power and value of the hymns!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 11:22:22 AM »

I'm not familiar with the term Hillsong so I'm not sure what type of music that is but I do know that I enjoy Country Gospel, Appalachian Folk Gospel as well as many of the older traditional songs sung in churches.

The Appalachian Folk Gospel songs are really heartfelt and are usually about the joy of being a Christian and the things the Lord has done or will do for us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 06:55:44 PM »

I'm not familiar with the term Hillsong so I'm not sure what type of music that is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsong_Church
Hillsong is a band that plays at one the AOG (Assembly Of God or Church of the Harvest) congregations in Sydney. It started of as the churchs' band then became massively popular and has produced over 30 cds i think plus dvds songbooks and everything else! Many churches play there music on regular occurences no matter what denomination. down the bottom of the site above would have links where you can get a sample of their music....

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the