Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286819 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How Does One Know They Know Jesus?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Does One Know They Know Jesus?  (Read 2711 times)
ollie
« on: July 11, 2003, 07:53:23 PM »

1 John 2:2.  "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
 3.  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
 4.  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
 5.  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6.  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

1 John 2:29.  If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 08:14:49 PM by ollie » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 09:34:47 PM »

"Don't be deceived by religion. Religion says "DO", whereas Christianity says "DONE !" Christ paid the full price for your salvation. Believe and be saved today."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 10:01:04 PM »

The gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple yet so effective. This wonderful gift is offered to everyone and you can receive it. You can receive justification for your sins thanks to Christ Jesus. Because of His total righteousness and faithfulness you can also be totally righteous in the eyes of God. Simply believe and then you receive. Romans 3:22 says "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:" If you believe this wonderful truth how that Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried and risen again, you are saved. You have eternal life, which is sealed by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. Please spend time meditating upon these things and talk to God about your decision. Thank Him for sending Christ as your sin sacrifice. Spend time in God’s word. Remember this; you speak to God through your prayers and He will speak to you through the Holy Scriptures. This is why it is so important that we spend as much time as possible in prayer and studying the Bible

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 01:17:08 AM »

1 John 2:2.  "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
 3.  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
 4.  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
 5.  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6.  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

Ollie,

Just in case,  This is your last gasp, these are excellent verses, and when understood their context, they  give all Christians, a good solid view, of what men in this world (who not the grace of God), look for in Christians, to see if indeed these who profess to be,  are true Christians (the world knows that there are commandments, which God has given mankind to keep; and yet God says "there is none that keep them, NO Not One") who can witness outwardly by this very thing, the keeping of the commandments, inspite that  none, are able to keep them perfectly.

1 John 2:29.  If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
Born of HIM..............Amen,

Because that birth is by the will of God (Jhn 1:12-13), not man, born of inccorruptible seed, the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.  (1 Pet 1:23)

This is the pure teaching of scripture.

I believe every verse.

And I appreciate you posting them,  

Do you believe what you have posted??

From what you have posted previously, and have written, I trust in your mind you are not justifying to yourself,............anymore,  that your salvation hinges on the keeping of his commandments in the end.

Religious people,  cannever die to the flesh, All Christians need to understand they must die to the flesh, and it is the flesh in professing christians, that reason these verses to be speaking of what they must do to gain, in the end everlasting life,  since in their minds they just feel as though they must do something to merit their salvation.

The very fact, that they feel they must do something (in a legalistic way, keeping the commandments) is the evidence that   they Don't Know Jesus, nor,  the grace of God.

Do you believe that Jesus, died and paid for ALL your sins??

Adam transgressed  the command of God once, and died the death, and  according to;

1 Cor 15
21  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Note, verse 22, "in Adam all die"; and see;

Rom 5
12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13  (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

(please do not end here but read the following verses to include 17, where this passge ends).

Verse 13, is a key verse to understanding the truth of;

Rom 6
14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

We  are not under the law (of which the commandments are a portion of), because JESUS has abolished the law, which was contained in ordinances according to Eph 2:13-15.

And now ALL true Christians live unto a new law, (Rom 3:23-4:Cool the Law of Faith.

Now does this mean Christians have a license to sin, NO, not at all, this is where the evidence and reality of your Topic Question come to light, and the verses you have posted agree with Rom 6;

15  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16  Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17  But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18  Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

We were declared servants of righteousness, not  because we kept the law of Moses (which is called the Law of Righteousness, (Rom 9:30-31),  nor because we will keep the commandments,  we are the servants of righteousness because, as verse 18, says above, were made free from sin  and if this is true, then death also, death shall be the last enemy which shall be destroyed (1 Cor 15:26); but do not confuse this with, the fact that Christians posess the gift of 'eternal life" in these erathen vessels (2 Cor 4:7); and does not yet appear (1Jhn 3:1-8)

And whosoever is born of God does not sin , in fact, :he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(1Jhn 3:9)

However,

If anyone who is born of God, sins, he has an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, which brings us back to your verses;

1 Jhn 2; Please note the first verse, you left out, when you posted your verses;

1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And He (Jesus) is our High Priest in the heavenlies, who ministers in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man, he sits at the right hand of God as our advocate, and makes intercessesion for His people before the throne of Grace day and night, because His people sin day and night, and the evil one (Satan) accuses the brethern before our God day and night. (Rev 12:9-10)

So what is the conclusion of this;

Christians, [should] (Notice I said "should" obey, not "must", since their salvation is not hinged on whether they keep any of these commandmnets, since it is a settled fact, (that all of His whom God the Father has given Him, are saved already)the children of God will obey the word of God, and keep His commandmenst, because they understand this is their testimony to a dying world.

We keep, The Ten Commandments (written in stone by the finger of God) contains His commandments (his known will), together with the commandments Jesus has given to us through His Apostles, whom He had chosen (Acts 2:2)  , in order that the name of God might NOT be blasphemed in the world but that He should be glorified, by the testimony His children give to Hism through their obediance to Him.

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
But ye have not so learned Christ;
If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

(Eph 4:17-25)

We must endeavor to communicate the truth, as taught by the Gosple (note verse 21, above),  the Holy Spirit and that is ; And the truth about Jesus is;

That,  Jesus died, for ALL of our sins, once and for ALL every last sin that we will ever commit, while we walk this earth, this is the truth, because it is our sins which were paid for when he shed His Blood, our sin nature remains, and we are called and exhorted to have domion over it, but it is impossible to do so, without being in subjection to the Holy Spirit.

If we sin, His blood covers that sin, because He ever liveth to make intercession for US, as our High Priest! (Heb 7:25)

To teach anything other than this is to deny, the very blood of Jesus the Savior.

God Bless,

Petro,

hal weeks

I am a 90 year old charismatic Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 11:55:21 AM »

As I understand "knowing" it is something that is based on experience.  Believing is based on faith.

I personally went from knowing about Jesus to knowing him just as I would go from knowing about someone to actually knowing them personally.  
How this came about is documented in my testimony at:
http://home.san.rr.com/healing/mystory.htm
I invite you all to read it.

God loves you, Hal.  My minstry is my website about my miracle healing of cancer through prayer without medical intervention.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 03:46:51 PM »

As I understand "knowing" it is something that is based on experience.  Believing is based on faith.

I personally went from knowing about Jesus to knowing him just as I would go from knowing about someone to actually knowing them personally.  

Do we need to talk in tonges?  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 07:47:41 PM »

hal weeks,

There is a difference between knowing Jesus and being known, by Jesus.

He said;

Mat 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As you can see, these, who said; Lord, Lord...herein, obviously thought they knew Jesus, but as you can see, this means little, if He says;  "I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

So, knowing him does not lie, with the individual, who may believe he believes he knows Jesus; but rather it belongs to Jesus, who knows ALL, of them whom the father, has given Him.

He says He will not lose one, but will raise them up in the last day, because this is the will of the Father.

Blessings,

Petro

hal weeks

I am a 90 year old charismatic Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 08:44:12 PM »

Well, when He healed my cancer, He said, "I have given you three prizes.  The third prize is the healing of your cancer.
the second prize is being delivered from spirits of fear and doubt.  The first prize is going from knowing about Me to knowing me. Full story at : http://home.san.rr.com/healing/mystory.htm

God loves you, Hal.  My minstry is my website about my miracle healing of cancer through prayer without medical intervention.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the