Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:11:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ELECTRICITY----HELP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ELECTRICITY----HELP  (Read 7169 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2005, 12:21:55 AM »

(I still don't know how to quote parts of posts)

Next to the last button on the "tags" line then cut and paste the part you want into it.

No, not even the "made by union" products are of high quality anymore. Things are harder to fix now, too because of the technology put into them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2005, 12:23:04 AM »

Well PR, I'm logging out for the night. Gonna go smack the hay again.  It's been fun.  Thanks for making me laugh so hard, and so many times.  Who knows, you might have saved my life. Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2005, 12:24:33 AM »

Sleep well.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2005, 12:26:42 AM »

YOU are a hoot!

It comes naturally.

BRAGGART!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2005, 12:29:13 AM »

Sleep well.

Thanks, you too.  

Goodnight!

God bless you!
Grace and peace,
cris

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2005, 12:39:58 PM »

Woo wait a minute are you talking about the oven transformer or the transformer on the pole. Don't go near the one on the pole!

UH OH!!  - The copper helmet and standing in a bucket of water isn't a good idea either.  Grin  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2005, 01:03:38 PM »

Woo wait a minute are you talking about the oven transformer or the transformer on the pole. Don't go near the one on the pole!

UH OH!!  - The copper helmet and standing in a bucket of water isn't a good idea either.  Grin  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2005, 01:04:55 PM »

That's almost as bad as using the finger method to test to see if a circuit is live or not.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2005, 01:38:30 PM »

Grin  Grin  I'm shocked that you would bring that up!

Just another electricity source, but I doubt it is very stable. To try it, Cris can simply climb a tree, hold a long rod up in the air, and have some romex going to the stove. Who knows - maybe you can cook a 20 pound turkey in 2 minutes. OR, one could impale the food on the rod and make a massive kabob!  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2005, 01:52:43 PM »

Just another electricity source, but I doubt it is very stable. To try it, Cris can simply climb a tree, hold a long rod up in the air, and have some romex going to the stove. Who knows - maybe you can cook a 20 pound turkey in 2 minutes. OR, one could impale the food on the rod and make a massive kabob!  Grin

Holding the rod would make a massive kabob also .....  
Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2005, 05:38:49 PM »

'Tis the season!

Well, in that case, I guess I would be the turkey, but this turkey weighs more than twenty pounds.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2005, 05:52:31 PM »

PR,

I did bake another batch of cookies that turned out gooey.  Preheated oven for 1 and 1/2 hours.  Oven temp read exactly where I set it........375.

Then I baked a cake, but turned the temp up to 385 (supposed to be set on 375).  Cake was to bake for 28 to 33 min.  It was done in 28 minutes, however, it was more done around the edges than the center.  There was no odor from the elements today.

My conclusion:  Since center is not baking properly, I'm thinking something is still wrong with the elements.  They probably aren't cycling as they should.  Maybe one element is doing more work than the other.  It must be something about the juice being fed to these elements. Since the elements are new it has to be the wiring.  I've had it.  I'm not doing anymore experimentation until my wiring harness assembly comes in.  Once that's replaced, if it doesn't work, I'm inviting you over to help me smash it to smitherines. Grin

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2005, 06:35:25 PM »

It does sound like the heat in your oven is not evenl distributed. I had an old gas stove that cooked that way. I had to cook at a higher temp and to compensate for the edge getting more done than the center I had to put a strip of aluminum foil around the outer edge as you are supposed to do to pies to prevent the outer crust from getting to well done.

The problem that I had with that oven was the door did not seal properly when shut and the insulation around the oven box had fallen off causing cool spots in the oven.

The harness, especially the portion where the coils plug into it, could be a problem and causing your oven to have cool spots the same way.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2005, 08:07:28 PM »

I just had another idea Cris. Look on the stove for the manufaturer information. There should be an address or phonr number. If not on the stove maybe in the owners manual.

There sometimes is a 1-800 number you can call and ask them about the problem that you are having. I have done that in the past and was able to get my appliances fixed right away.

This was the very first thing I did.  They don't offer that service anymore.  The only thing they said they could do was set me up for a service call.  Well, I called A repair service myself, they came, told me since I had replaced the elements, the panel needed to be replaced to the tune of $565.00 including that day's service call.  I paid him the $65.00 and he left.  You know the rest of the story.  $65.00 for the SC, $200.00 for the panel, $40.00 for the thermostat, and around $150.00 for the elements.  Seems to add up to about $460.00.  I also had to replace a sensor for one of my stove burners to the tune of $60.00.

That is the most expensive non-cooking stinking stove I've ever heard of cris. Grin. Maybe you should sell it on ebay and buy yourself another one. Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2005, 08:27:24 PM »

I just had another idea Cris. Look on the stove for the manufaturer information. There should be an address or phonr number. If not on the stove maybe in the owners manual.

There sometimes is a 1-800 number you can call and ask them about the problem that you are having. I have done that in the past and was able to get my appliances fixed right away.

This was the very first thing I did.  They don't offer that service anymore.  The only thing they said they could do was set me up for a service call.  Well, I called A repair service myself, they came, told me since I had replaced the elements, the panel needed to be replaced to the tune of $565.00 including that day's service call.  I paid him the $65.00 and he left.  You know the rest of the story.  $65.00 for the SC, $200.00 for the panel, $40.00 for the thermostat, and around $150.00 for the elements.  Seems to add up to about $460.00.  I also had to replace a sensor for one of my stove burners to the tune of $60.00.

That is the most expensive non-cooking stinking stove I've ever heard of cris. Grin. Maybe you should sell it on ebay and buy yourself another one. Grin Grin

Air, you are so right...........arrrgh.

I've never done any selling on ebay.  They would have to know about the problems, number one.  Number two, I don't think anyone would want to pay shipping for something that heavy. Grin  Number three, by the time this would be all over and done with, I don't think I'd make much money.  It just isn't worth the hassle.

I'll know in about ten days what I'm going to have to do with it if it still doesn't work after I replace the harness.  I invited PR to come over and help smash it to smitherines if it doesn't work.  You're invited, too.  Grin

Grace and peace,
cris

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the