Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:37:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Where are you standing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are you standing?  (Read 3071 times)
holypursuit

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:11:21 PM »

Read: 2Kings 5:1-19                    Where are you standing?

“Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.” Zech.3:7

The King of Israel was distraught because Naaman the leper had been sent to him to be healed of his leprosy. When word of this came to Elisha, he asked that Naaman be sent to him to prove to Naaman there was a prophet of God in Israel. Naaman came in full expectancy of how this would take place. He expected Elisha the prophet to come out to him. However Elisha did not come out but simply sent instructions to Naaman through his servant. Naaman was infuriated by this. “But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper” 2Kings 5:11

After Naaman was healed he returned to Elisha. Now he truly believed in the God of Israel. “Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel:” 2Kings 5:15
Naaman might not have had the opportunity to know God if Elisha was the one who healed him as he had hoped it would happen. Unknown to Naaman what seemed as a lack of courtesy and respect on the part of Elisha was in reality a blessing for him. Sometimes we can have expectations of God as to the way He should work in our situations. We are upset when things don’t go our way; however God in all His wisdom and knowledge directs things His way. “A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.” Prov.16:9 God always has our best interests in mind. Whatever way He leads us by, is the most beneficial to us even if it does not seem to be so. What may seem as a lack of care or silence from God is in reality God working out His best in our lives. We can lose our blessing if we hold on to our own methods instead of allowing God His way with us.

Elisha was not a man pleaser; he could not be bought by either gifts or money. While Naaman had expected Elisha to stand before him, Elisha continued to remain in the position where he was called to stand, i.e. before the Lord. If Elisha had not been in his position before the Lord he would not have known what instruction to give Naaman. “But he said, As the LORD liveth, before whom I stand, I will receive none. And he urged him to take it; but he refused” We see this also in the life of Elijah. These were men who sought to please God. They chose to stand before God always.

Where are you standing? In Christ, we have been given access to the Father. The veil that stood before the Holy of Holies has been torn. Gods open invitation is for us to come to Him. As blood washed saints we have the ability to come with boldness before Gods throne. Yet, so often we find ourselves standing far away. There are things God wants to share with those who take time to listen. People who share intimacy with the Father know what He desires of them. Others are like those Jesus shared about in the parable, of a man who went out to hire workers for his vineyard. “And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?” Matt. 20:6 Their excuse was that none had hired them.  God has already given us an open invitation to serve in His vineyard. Do you know your part?

The prophet Habakkuk determined to know what the Lord had to say. “I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.”Hab.2:1. The choice is ours to remain in His presence. To know the Lords will and way, it is vital we remain in communion with Him. There is a “place” where God can be heard. May we find ourselves standing in that place.

“But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.”
Eph. 2:13
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the