Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mt. Ararat Anomaly in Turkey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mt. Ararat Anomaly in Turkey  (Read 6120 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »

Mt. Ararat Anomaly in Turkey

Satellite Imaging Corporation has created a 3D Terrain Model of the Mt. Ararat anomaly from Stereo IKONOS Satellite Image data, a mysterious 980 foot long feature located in remote northeastern Turkey, which some researchers believe could be the remains of Noah's Ark.

Houston, Texas (PRWEB) September 1, 2007 -- In cooperation with GeoEye and INTA Space Turk, Satellite Imaging Corporation has created a 3D representation of the mysterious Mt. Ararat anomaly, located in northeastern Turkey. The creation of the 3D Flythrough movie was made possible with the use of Stereo IKONOS Satellite image data and 5m DEM extracted from the image data.

"This new 3D terrain model will provide researchers with an engaging new perspective, which could help to resolve an intense geopolitical and religious debate as to whether or not the anomaly could prove to be the remains of Noah's Ark."

The anomaly itself, which lies surrounded by rugged strato-volcanic rock at the northwestern corner of Mt. Ararat's western plateau, is over 980 feet long, and sits mostly buried underneath a permanent glacier. It first drew attention due to its relatively smooth surface texture, as well as its unusual physical composition. The site occupied by the anomaly, which is located at 15,300 feet above sea level, remains unexplored.

To view the 3D Fly Through movie Click Here

The application of satellite images and aerial photographs for the identification and analysis of historical and archaeological sites, which made this research possible, was first recognized during the early days of aviation. According to David Buehner, production manager at Satellite Imaging Corporation, 'Satellite and aerial imagery is now available from an array of aircraft and high resolution satellite borne sensors to provide even greater potential for research and investigation of historical discoveries.'

Consequently, remote sensing and geographic information systems (GIS) have become critical tools for researchers and archaeologists, as these systems link information to precisely calibrated physical locations and integrate information drawn from multiple sources in a rapid, accurate, and quantified manner.

Porcher L. Taylor III, an associate professor at the University of Richmond's School of Continuing Studies, who has been at the vanguard of using satellites to expose the Ararat Anomaly for researchers provided the following quotes:

'Thanks to the world-class technology and expertise of GeoEye and Satellite Imaging Corporation (SIC), with this ground-breaking 3D (stereoscopic) Flythrough movie, we are witnessing a quantum leap in making the Ararat Anomaly even more transparent for Ararat researchers and the public. Taylor's research on the Mt. Ararat Anomaly has been featured in a National Geographic Channel documentary.

To the best of my knowledge, to date, only 2D satellite missions had been flown over the Anomaly, not stereo missions. I'm deeply indebted to Leo J. Romeijn, President and CEO of SIC, for making me aware four months ago that INTA Space Turk had August 2004 stereo imagery of the Anomaly site in its archives. Mr. Romeijn graciously accepted my request to create a 3D movie from this imagery, by engaging his stellar SIC team of GIS experts. Likewise, I'm deeply indebted to GeoEye (especially V.P. for Communications and Marketing, Mark E. Brender) for making this stereo project possible. Indeed, GeoEye's satellite continues to faithfully serve as a space-based Indiana Jones over the Anomaly, and will make the Anomaly almost twice as visible when GeoEye-1 is launched early next year, with 0.4-meter-resolution.'

Satellite Imaging Corporation provides high resolution satellite imaging, remote sensing, geospatial and GIS products to various industries around the world.

Mt. Ararat Anomaly in Turkey

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:18:16 AM »

The Quicktime Movie of the "anomoly"

http://www.satimagingcorp.com/gallery/quicktime-mt-ararat-low.html

Unfortunately it is my firm belief that we will never find the ark on top of the mountain.  Let me explain why.

Imagine if you will that you are Noah and his family.
You have just spent 6 months in a boat
The world as you knew it is gone
Your boat lands on a mountain and you are charged to go out and repopulate the world
To build your first house are you going to go and chop up some lumber of fallen trees and such....OR....use some already pre-cut lumber from the Ark...that is also already covered in waterproof pitch?

My vote is that we would use the already water proofed lumber and build us a home.

If you want to find evidence of the ark then you should start from the bottom and look around the base of hte mountain, near a stream.  Find some old gopher wood in pitch.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 03:20:33 PM »

For those of you wanting to see Noah's Ark..........................

Here you go..................... Wink

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:13:55 PM »

The Quicktime Movie of the "anomoly"

http://www.satimagingcorp.com/gallery/quicktime-mt-ararat-low.html

Unfortunately it is my firm belief that we will never find the ark on top of the mountain.  Let me explain why.

Imagine if you will that you are Noah and his family.
You have just spent 6 months in a boat
The world as you knew it is gone
Your boat lands on a mountain and you are charged to go out and repopulate the world
To build your first house are you going to go and chop up some lumber of fallen trees and such....OR....use some already pre-cut lumber from the Ark...that is also already covered in waterproof pitch?

My vote is that we would use the already water proofed lumber and build us a home.

If you want to find evidence of the ark then you should start from the bottom and look around the base of hte mountain, near a stream.  Find some old gopher wood in pitch.
never thought of it that way .boy you are bright  brother Jerry, that is the answer..thank you for sharing that, it took a real man to think of that.I am proud to be part of your family..love in Jesus Def now i am going to go dream about that..Good night every one...(+¸+)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:15:40 PM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »

Video doesn't work for me.

I always thought it would be there

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the