Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:54:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286816 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sin Poll Question
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Does intentional or unintentional sin result in loss of Salvation?
Yes - 3 (17.6%)
No - 13 (76.5%)
I don't know. - 1 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sin Poll Question  (Read 20666 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2008, 08:51:02 AM »

It's not like you had it planned, to go out from the get go and do what you did, Right?

I did have it planned

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »

I did have it planned

The Lord is still willing to forgive us if we confess our sins in earnest to Him. It does not mean that we have lost our salvation.

1Jn 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

There are many instances in the Bible where an individual sinned after coming to God and God still forgave them of those sins.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2008, 10:54:30 AM »

I did have it planned

Hello Brother David.

When things like this bother you, pray about it and ask GOD to forgive you.

I must tell you that becoming saved does not mean that you become perfect, holy, and less than a human being. This is one of the reasons why JESUS died on the Cross for us. No man was ever able to keep the law perfectly in deeds or in thought, and this is why no man or woman can earn their way to heaven or be worthy of Salvation. The Apostle Paul spoke of his own battle with what he called the "Old Man". We are still in this corruptible body of flesh, and NOT one of us will be able to live perfectly and without sin in this life.

Becoming Saved does mean that you will have a desire to please GOD. Nobody does that perfectly, regardless of what they tell you. When you have guilt over a situation, your advocate with the FATHER is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF, and there is no condemnation for those who are in CHRIST. This doesn't hint that any of us are perfect - just the opposite. However, it does mean that we don't enjoy wallowing in sin with the devil as our master. Our MASTER is CHRIST and HE knows that we aren't perfected yet. This was the war that Paul talked about having within himself. Paul called himself the Chief of all Sinners. Paul was a humble man who knew that his righteousness was in CHRIST. Paul had very harsh words for the self-righteous hypocrites of his time who thought they were law keepers. If we were able to be law keepers, did CHRIST go to the Cross for nothing?

Brother David, thoughts of self-righteousness are wrong. THOUGHTS OF CHRIST'S RIGHTEOUSNESS ARE RIGHT! CHRIST GETS ALL OF THE GLORY, and mankind gets NONE! This is why we worship and praise GOD - not man and certainly not ourselves. Paul also had some harsh words for those going about trying to establish their own righteousness. We should definitely try the best we can to please GOD and pray that GOD helps us

Brother David, I hope some of this makes sense. Please read Galatians when you get a chance. Read all of it slowly and carefully taking NOTHING out of context. The effect of our Salvation was JESUS CHRIST pulling us out of the sewer. Regardless of how hard we try, we will all slip and fall from time to time, but that doesn't mean that CHRIST is going to throw us back into the sewer - nor do we want to go back to the sewer. We should remain HUMBLE and KNOW that we are NOTHING without CHRIST!

Brother David, I didn't mean for this post to be this long, but I still need to tell you one more thing. This is IMPORTANT! Don't believe everything others tell you about CHRIST. Pray first and read and study the Bible for yourself. It will take a lot of work, but you will soon be able to tell when people aren't telling you the TRUTH. They might think that they are telling you the truth, but they don't know the truth usually for one or two reasons:  1) they don't study the Bible;  2) They don't know how to study the Bible. We live in a day and age where people want everything to be fast and easy. So, we have lots of folks expecting the same thing in learning the Bible. Drive-thru and microwave Bible study teaches someone enough to be confused, and then they go and confuse others. Nobody here claims to be a Bible Scholar, but you do get the truth here.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2008, 01:01:19 PM »

Littleboy,

In the very verses that you yourself gave Jesus Christ said, "I never knew you". Not I knew for a little while but "I never knew you".

We know that there will be many that give lip service but are not truly worshipping God in spirit and in truth. (Mat 15:8 )

Is it ok to continue in sin? As Paul said "God Forbid". As long as we are in the flesh though we will continue to sin. No matter how great or small a sin it may seem to man, sin is still sin in the eyes of God. No man is without sin, none are righteous in His eyes. It is for this reason that we need Jesus Christ for it is His righteousness and none of our own that counts. It is His shed blood that covers us.

another big AMEN to that little phrase I NEVER knew you!

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »

I realise some of you think it's a sin to not wear your Seatbelt, or spit on the sidewalk...
I guess you'll find soon enough who's right, And I frogive you for you thoughts Weather God will,
Is up to him!
I have to go, be back maybe toimorrow.
YLBD
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2008, 01:20:21 PM »

I do know I am forgiven even though it was intentional. I know there is no such thing a greater or lesser. I was merely trying to make a point.

Bep, I'll do what you said.

Little, please listen to Roger and bep

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2008, 01:57:02 PM »

In the following verses we are given some of the things that are considered sinful and as we can see from this portion of scripture one sin is not considered greater than another.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If they were then they would have been placed in such an order. These verses tell us that simply being angry at someone or lying is just as serious an offence as as is murder. All of these things can keep mankind from entering into heaven. Whether intentional or unintentionally we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We can clearly see from this that none of us are worthy, none of us are able to attain righteousness enough for us to enter heaven on our own. It is through the rightousness of Jesus Christ and His alone that we may enter heaven. No matter how hard we try we will fail if we try on our righteousness. It is the shed blood of Christ that covers our sins and makes us whole, makes us worthy through Him to enter heavens gates.

Did you know that even wishing a curse on someone else is a sinful thing?

Jas 3:9  Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10  Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

These verses are not talking about the use of swear words. The use of the word curse here is the same as wishing doom, disasters or maladies on others. It is the opposite of bestowing blessings on someone. Just our thoughts alone can betray us and cause us to sin.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

I do know I am forgiven even though it was intentional. I know there is no such thing a greater or lesser. I was merely trying to make a point.

Amen.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2008, 12:34:00 AM »

I voted no.  I believe that Jesus died for all of my sins, both the ones I committed before I was saved and the ones I committed after.  I am forgiven.  I am saved.  I will go to heaven when I die.  I do my best to not add to the Lord's pain by sinning, but I tend to fall flat on my face on a pretty regular basis.  I pick myself back up and ask Jesus to forgive me again.  I'm glad I don't have to depend on living a perfect life or I would never make it!
Heather

Thank you Sister.  I agree! (And resemble that!)

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2008, 06:40:35 AM »

AMEN AND AMEN!

Brothers and Sisters,

This turned out to be a beautiful thread. It reminds us and reinforces what JESUS CHRIST did for us on the Cross. It should direct attention AWAY from what men do for themselves, and this includes all of us. ONLY JESUS CHRIST IS PERFECT, HOLY, RIGHTEOUS, AND WITHOUT SIN. He allowed HIMSELF to be a Perfect Sacrifice on the Cross - the JUST for the UNJUST - the RIGHTEOUS for the UNRIGHTEOUS - the HOLY for the UNHOLY.

None of the Old Testament Saints were perfect, righteous, or holy either. If you will notice, numerous portions of Scripture make it plain that their faith in GOD was accounted unto them as RIGHTEOUSNESS. By the way, "Saint" simply means Saved Believers in GOD. Salvation has always been a result of Faith in GOD and GOD'S Grace and Love. JESUS CHRIST and the Cross greatly magnified GOD'S Love and Grace in a way that many more men saw it and understood it. In fact, JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS is the most important and precious event in history. A long list of GOD'S GREATEST Blessings were revealed at the CROSS, and they all relate to GOD'S Matchless Grace and Love for us.

1 John 1:8-10  NASB  If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Matthew 22:36-40  NASB  "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Brothers and Sisters, the Two Commandments are just as hard or harder to keep than the Ten Commandments. No man has ever been able to do either! JESUS CHRIST is the only one who ever fulfilled the Commandments. This was one of the primary reasons for HIS FIRST COMING. HE also gave HIMSELF as a Perfect Sacrifice for sin, the ONLY one that GOD would be completely pleased with. HIS Perfect and Finished work for Salvation on the Cross. It was only Perfect because JESUS CHRIST is and was PERFECT AND HOLY. Please note that the WORK is FINISHED and PERFECT. We don't have anything of worth or value to add to it. GOD has already told us this.

Ephesians 2:8-10 NASB  For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

We MUST believe and YIELD completely to the Perfect RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST. GOD isn't pleased with anything else, and this is the ONLY way to be Saved. GOD is only pleased now with PERFECTION, and CHRIST is the ONLY ONE WHO HAS IT! To think or proclaim that we have perfection is foolish. We are NOTHING without CHRIST, so GOD gets all of the GLORY!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:11-14 NASB
also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

John 1:14-17 NASB
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'" For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 NASB
For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Ephesians 3:14-19 NASB
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

Philippians 3:20-21 NASB
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

Romans 3:19-28 NASB
Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

preacher
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »

The way I read and I no that I am not very smart  but if you have sin in your life where I am you cannot come.

javascript:void(0);
Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »

If that were the case then no one would be able to enter heaven for the only person that has ever been or ever will be on earth that is without sin is Jesus Christ.

preacher
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »

yes but did he not say to come out from among the world. we know that we are not perfect but did he not say to strive to be. not just do what you want to it will be ok god forbid.

strive (strīv)

intransitive verb strove or strived, striv′enstriv′ ən or strived, striv′·ing

1. to make great efforts; try very hard to strive to win
   2. to be in conflict; struggle; contend; fight to strive against oppression
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2008, 12:24:28 PM »

yes but did he not say to come out from among the world. we know that we are not perfect but did he not say to strive to be. not just do what you want to it will be ok god forbid.

strive (strīv)

intransitive verb strove or strived, striv′enstriv′ ən or strived, striv′·ing

1. to make great efforts; try very hard to strive to win
   2. to be in conflict; struggle; contend; fight to strive against oppression

It appears that you are splitting hairs for the sole sake of argument. If you look in the thread, this is exceptionally clear what was said. We usually don't spend so much time trying to strain gnats. The blunt truth about this issue is posted.

preacher
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

I might not know much but  I know that he wants us to give him our whole heart and if you do this you will not want to do alot of these things that are of sin.The Bible talks about the daily discipline of putting off our "old self" and putting on our "new self" in Christ.  This is a skill that is critical to maintaining our freedom from sin.  It is something that we'll be perfecting for the rest of our earthly lives.  Paul wrote:

22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.  Ephesians 4:22-24 NIV

The old self must be put off, because it is being corrupted by sinful desires and will otherwise lead us back into sin.  Simultaneously, we must put on the new self and be "made new in the attitude" of our minds.  Note that it is our responsibility to put off the old and put on the new, while God renews us in the attitude our minds.

How to put off the old self

Putting off the old self is synonymous with putting it to death.  The old self is the part of us that is continually trying to pull us back into sinful habits and thought patterns (Romans 6:11-14).  The lure of the old self can be powerful, especially when our memories remind us of the pleasures of past sin.  Here are some suggestions on how to put off the old self:

* Ask for help:  Too often people try to resist temptations by sheer will-power.  As Christians, we have the source of ultimate power and assistance available to us: Jesus.  He knows the temptations we face (Hebrews 2:18) and will help us resist those temptations (Hebrews 4:15-16).   Each day we can pray, "Dear Jesus, please help me put off the old self  and put on the new self today.  Please help me overcome any temptations that come my way. Thank you, Jesus. Amen."
    * Reckon yourself with Jesus:  Reckoning with Jesus is basically aligning ourselves with him and his condition: dead to sin and alive to God.  Paul wrote, "Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:11 NKJV).  A way to reckon with Jesus is to recite key Bible verses about our condition.  For example, using Romans 6:11 we can declare, "I am dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus my Lord. "  Here are some other verses we can declare:

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20 NKJV

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.  2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV

1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.  Romans 8:1-2 NKJV

He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live for righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. 1 Peter 2:24 NKJV

Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.  Romans 6:4 NKJV

* Stop letting sin dictate your actions:  This is where we follow-up our faith with action.  Since we believe ourselves dead to sin, we must no longer respond to its temptations.  The two primary areas that we can focus on are our eyes and thoughts.  For example, if we're watching a television show that we know contains tempting material, we can choose to switch channels or simply turn the TV off.  Or, if a memory of a past sexual encounter comes to mind, we can shift our thoughts to another topic instead of fantasizing over the memory.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the