Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:27:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Faith and Deeds?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faith and Deeds?  (Read 5962 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 12:31:22 PM »

Pastor Roger don't waste your time with this guy. Just look at the rest of his posts here, he's no Christian.
This wannabe future astrophysicist is a troll - there's no doubt in my mind that there's no mind in his doubt.  Cheesy Tongue
Ahh...  I must've missed this post.  I'm Christian, and have been my whole life.  I don't get what my wanting to be an astrophysicist has to do with anything.  I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of the Protestant beliefs.  I'm also trying to represent those who have no other representatives (like Mormonism in the other thread, of which I'm a part of, and evolution in a different thread, which I do believe, but I try to show how it fits with the Bible).  

I'm both an evolutionist, and a Christian (not of the Mormon sect either).

Huh Huh Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 12:38:15 PM »

Yes...?  Is there a problem with being a Christian evolutionist? (Hint: There isn't.)  I won't get into evidence for evolution, I'll just try to convince people that it is compatible.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 12:38:43 PM »

Pastor Roger don't waste your time with this guy. Just look at the rest of his posts here, he's no Christian.
This wannabe future astrophysicist is a troll - there's no doubt in my mind that there's no mind in his doubt.  Cheesy Tongue
Ahh...  I must've missed this post.  I'm Christian, and have been my whole life.  I don't get what my wanting to be an astrophysicist has to do with anything.  I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of the Protestant beliefs.  I'm also trying to represent those who have no other representatives (like Mormonism in the other thread, of which I'm a part of, and evolution in a different thread, which I do believe, but I try to show how it fits with the Bible).  

So, now your a Mormon huh?
There is only one Truth my friend and if you refuse to acknowledge Him and follow only Him you will condemn yourself to eternal fire. It's not pretty, but it's what God has warned us about my friend. There is only one Holy Bible - if you accept anything else, you will walk willingly into the pit of dispair - it will be of your own choosing my friend, so don't blame God, He has clearly warned us all, we either obey Him or we chose our own destiny...Hellfire. Cry

Told you he wasn't a Christian. Cheesy

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:  

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Bronzesnake
Bronzesnake
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 12:42:59 PM »

Sleeker quote...
I'm both an evolutionist, and a Christian (not of the Mormon sect either).

Not of the Mormon sect huh?

like Mormonism in the other thread, of which I'm a part of,

This is confusing. Are you saying that you are part of the Mormons, or are you trying to say you are a participant of the "mormon thread)?

Huh Huh

Bronzesnake
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 12:46:14 PM »

So, now your a Mormon huh?
I said, "I'm also trying to represent those who have no other representatives (like Mormonism in the other thread, of which I'm a part of..."  Sorry if that was confusing, but that means I'm part of the thread.  I worded that poorly, but if you've listened to me in other posts, you would've already have known I'm not Mormon.
There is only one Truth my friend and if you refuse to acknowledge Him and follow only Him you will condemn yourself to eternal fire. It's not pretty, but it's what God has warned us about my friend. There is only one Holy Bible - if you accept anything else, you will walk willingly into the pit of dispair - it will be of your own choosing my friend, so don't blame God, He has clearly warned us all, we either obey Him or we chose our own destiny...Hellfire. Cry
I thought only God knows the Truth.  We can't understand all of God's works.  Surely you're not comparing yourself to him?
Told you he wasn't a Christian. Cheesy
Yet, you are wrong.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 12:49:51 PM »

Bronze,

Told you he wasn't a Christian.

This was evident from the start. Christians wouldn't have asked  such questions. They would already know those answers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »

This was evident from the start. Christians wouldn't have asked  such questions. They would already know those answers.
All right, now you're just being ignorant and ignoring the facts.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 01:01:32 PM »

All right, now you're just being ignorant and ignoring the facts.

I am not being ignorant. The truth is one of the questions you asked was about Salvation. A Christian would have known the answer because the answer is what it takes to become a Christian.

Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 01:11:42 PM »

I am not being ignorant. The truth is one of the questions you asked was about Salvation. A Christian would have known the answer because the answer is what it takes to become a Christian.
I was wondering about the finer points in the Protestant stance of salvation.  I got them.  The main thing I was wondering was if there is an exception to some non-Christians for salvation.  You said there was no exception.  I believe that's just discriminating against them, in fact, a form of bigotry in my opinion, and is used as a threat to try and convince conversion.

Anyways, I'm a Christian.  It's that simple.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 01:19:16 PM »

Yes...?  Is there a problem with being a Christian evolutionist? (Hint: There isn't.)  I won't get into evidence for evolution, I'll just try to convince people that it is compatible.
No it isn't compatable, The Bible teaches creation. Evolution, and against forum rules. Which you need to read.

This is a warning

Bronzesnake
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 01:33:16 PM »

Sleeker quote...
I thought only God knows the Truth.  We can't understand all of God's works.  Surely you're not comparing yourself to him?

You know...Maybe you'd better look toward some other profession...This astrophysicist thingy isn't looking too good my friend.

God hasn't hid His truth from us my friend. He actually provided us with a really neat book...it's caled the BIBLE...you really should read it, it's quite good!  Tongue

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »

I was wondering about the finer points in the Protestant stance of salvation.  I got them.  The main thing I was wondering was if there is an exception to some non-Christians for salvation.  You said there was no exception.  I believe that's just discriminating against them, in fact, a form of bigotry in my opinion, and is used as a threat to try and convince conversion.

Anyways, I'm a Christian.  It's that simple.

I'm sorry that you feel that God is a bigot.

Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2005, 04:34:22 PM »

No it isn't compatable, The Bible teaches creation. Evolution, and against forum rules. Which you need to read.
All I'll say is that is your interpretation of it, not mine.
This is a warning
All right, all right.  I've read the rules and no where does it specifically mention evolution, but instead mentions stuff about the Bible, which is subject to individual interpretation.  I'd add evolution in there somewhere, so that nobody else gets the idea that you can talk about it.  Anyways, I'll stop talking about evolution.
You know...Maybe you'd better look toward some other profession...This astrophysicist thingy isn't looking too good my friend.
I actually think astrophysics is a great field for me to go into.
God hasn't hid His truth from us my friend. He actually provided us with a really neat book...it's caled the BIBLE...you really should read it, it's quite good!  Tongue
So, what's the truth about the meaning of life?
I'm sorry that you feel that God is a bigot.
He is not, but if he bases salvation on being a Christian who believes in Jesus as the Son of God, or to a harsher degree, only Protestants, and not being inherently good, then I've lost some (not most) respect of him.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2005, 05:09:27 PM »

Sleeker quote...

He is not, but if he bases salvation on being a Christian who believes in Jesus as the Son of God, or to a harsher degree, only Protestants, and not being inherently good, then I've lost some (not most) respect of him.

Do you get some kind of bizarre thrill coming to a Christian web site and pretending to be a Christian? It's painfully clear to all that you are a fraud my friend. You haven't got the first clue as to what Christianity is all about.

On the other hand, I'd like to retract something I implied about you not being smart enough to be an astrophysicist...judging by the conclusions they draw such as the big bang theory, I'd say your intelligence level is low enough to include you into the profession.  Tongue

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2005, 05:40:50 PM »

Denominations (Protestant or elsewise) is not the key here. Denominations is something that man has come up with, teaching various doctrines and not necessarily the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. The Doctrine of Jesus Christ is what counts. No matter how hard we try we, while in the flesh, cannot be good enough to enter into heaven.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I said before It takes more than just believing in you must also believe on.

Act 16:31  And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

I hope and pray for your sake that your respect for Him increases and not decreases.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the