Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please pray for me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please pray for me  (Read 1126 times)
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »

I just found out today, after spending money on a passport and believing that I was leaving next month for Ireland, that I was not accepted into the program. I am the mom of 5 children, 2 of which have autism and have stayed home with them for 14 years. Yet, the committee felt I wasn't geared for children' ministry. I am hurt and confused, having planned on this so long and it taking them so long to come to this decision. After seeing the list of those going, I feel, in my heart that my age might have played in this decision (all other names appeared to be college students). I really felt led towards this mission, and I believe the funds came in for it for a reason. Please pray that God's Will will be known to me as to why this occurred.

Secondly, I received emails from the UK today, pretty much putting me down for taking in and loving two people that come from there. Because I had asked for legal help, and the person in charge posted my letter on a website for information, the UK was dismayed at this being done. At the time of the posting, a girl I loved was in Federal prison on remand, and I had no idea where her child was. Also, I had been told for a long time that, she was here for safety reasons, and she was an abuse victim. I was trying to help and cooperated fully with the UK for their return, but am being treated as a criminal for doing so. All I did was, as mentioned in Roman's 12--opened up my house and took care of those that needed my help. How is this criminal? I have never visited the UK, yet I am considered a criminal for doing what God asked me to do. I am so hurt and confused.

Please pray for me to have strength and understanding as to why so much testing is going on at this time. I keep doing things that God asks me to do, but it seems that other countries feel this is wrong. I am in tears over everything that transpired this morning, from emails (from England) to missionary trip being abandoned. I do work here in the US, from bereavement to rape help, and so wanted to help others in another country hear about how the Lord had worked in my life, and encourage them to have the same faith in Him.

Please pray for me, as I am confused and ready to just throw in the towel on everything that I do to help others. It seems that, the more that I do to help, the worst things get. All I do is love and help others that ask for my help, and it ends up turning into something wrong. I am so confused.

God Bless and thank you!
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »

Kelly, I am praying for you.

There seems to be alot of this happening right now. Satan is trying to strike at us anyway he can. Keep your faith close to you Kelly, and pray for others, in this type of situtation.  God loves you Kelly, so don't throw in the towel. Fight the Good News Fight, and never give up.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 02:31:43 PM »

Sister we are told that we will be persecuted for our faith. This is nothing new. Whether it is on a mission overseas or whether it is here in the states keep up the good fight. Do not let this get you down.

My prayers continue for you and your work for the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 03:37:12 PM »

I will also be praying for you.  It seems like I also sometimes have a problem with things not going the way that I ment them to go.  I think that even though things don't turn out the way that we think that they should God still knows our heart and that our actions were out of heart felt love and obedience for Him.  Never give up in anything that you do for God.  Because like I said even though things go in a different direction you were just doing it because you love God and that is what counts.

Love in Christ,
Kristen

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:49:49 PM »

Kelly,
Luke 21: 17-18
We are all praying for you.
Fight hard sister!
-Am-

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 06:27:41 PM »

((Kelly)) God bless you sister. I am praying for you as well. Remember there is power in prayer.

Your sister in Christ,
Maria/

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 01:44:37 PM »

Dear sisters and brothers in Christ,
Although the situation I asked for prayer about stands firm, and I am not going to Ireland, I have been engulfed by the Holy Spirit since then and have felt so much joy since the decision to not go was made! I know now, in my heart that, God wants full control of my life and my path today is to be an interceder in prayer, and to become more intimate with Him. I set up a prayer room, with candles all around, a kneeling place for deep prayer and a glider rocker where I intercede and have time with the Lord. I have been truly blessed with His peace and guidance! I feel His presence so much in my life and when I am praying for others, I feel so filled with the Holy Spirit that sometimes, I just feel like I am going to burst!

God is so good! I make soy candles and haven't put them up for sale. However, they are selling before I even market them, by people just seeing them when they come into the house! My husband is picking up more hours, slowly and we are getting back on track, financially! I can feel the Lord moving in my life, and see it happening in others as well! Our church is growing stronger, and I am now part of the interceding team there as well! How beautiful and faithful our God truly us. Praise Jesus!

Last night, I sinned and drank to the point of getting drunk. I have asked God for forgiveness with this, but wanted to talk more with an agnostic friend who is ill with MS, as well as drinks heavily. I fell into sin and drank with her. But somehow, God used that to help me to witness to her when she was calmer and listening. She finally came to peace about Abraham and Isaac (the sacrifice that was told to take place, but didn't happen). She lost a child and had many problems with this, bringing no anger. After explaining about Abraham's faith and that he had enough faith to know that, God had promised Isaac to be a leader of nations, that God would never forsake His covenant. She now has peace and let me talk more about Jesus, David, and other parts of the bible that she never let me speak of before. Instead of argument, she enjoyed the conversation. Even in my weakness, God used that time for me to witness, and I am praying hard that she comes to the Lord and finds peace in her life. (I am not proud of drinking this way--I have not drank in a long, long time and didn't expect to get the way I did. I didn't want anyone thinking I condone my behavior--I am in prayer for forgiveness over this).

Anyway, I wanted to update about how much the Lord is blessing my life by praying for others. I have been praying for someone who has marriage problems (abuse) and, since praying she has seen a major change in how he reacts. Praise God! He is working, and we just need to put all our faith in Him!

God Bless you all,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Eve

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 06:51:57 PM »

Hi Kelly
I just want to encourage you to hang in there.
I know that you are hurting and frustrated right now and want to give up. I have been there many times. But remember that is what the enemy wants.
We will always be opposed when we dare to step on the enemies territory.
But remember "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world"
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will guide and direct your paths."
the enemy will oppose us to try to discourage us and convince us not to trust God.
But God is still greater. You just have to trust him that if God wants you to do something he will make the way for you. One thing that I have learned the hard way is that rarely do things work out the way that we think that they will. But lean on Him in the time of disappointment. Don't let satan get your attention. Keep your eyes on the author and perfecter of your faith and know that He will be your defender and your soft place to fall.
Christ was falsely accused unto death. He knows how painful that is.
Keep pouring out that pain to Him. He will bind it up with the Balm of Gilead and He will carry you through this time of attack. Stand on the Word, proclaim the truth with your mouth.  There is power in the praise when its the last thing that you feel like doing.
I will be praying for you,
love and blessings,
Eve
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 08:22:03 PM »

Kelly thank you so much for the update, I will continue to uphold you in prayer.

Your sister in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 07:52:22 PM »

Kelly, I'm still praying for you.

Monte Cassino

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 01:35:06 AM »

God bless you, Kelly,

Know that you are in my prayers.  I understand that it is often difficult when we think we know God's will, and it turns out to be something different than what we had believed.  The key, I think, is in any situation, to do what God asks of us, whether that is in Ireland, or where-ever else you might be.  The trick is always to make sure we don't confuse what we want of God--even with our best intentions--with what He wants of us. I will say special prayers for you.

Peace,
Monte Cassino

"It would be atrocious," I said, "to kill a man in order to say bu-ba-baff...."
  "It would be atrocious," William remarked, "to kill a man even to say 'Credo in unum Deum.'..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the