Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hypocrisy - Clothes.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypocrisy - Clothes.  (Read 8167 times)
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2004, 04:41:50 PM »

"Blest be the Tie that Binds."   Grin

"Being dressed in Christ-likeness is how we  bring honour to Him."

AMEN!

Great message, thanks Pilgrim!

Hi Shylynne,

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. When I first saw this article ( http://www.nlbchapel.org/clothing.htm ) I put off reading it for many months thinking it would be boring. I finally read it one day and liked it so much I contacted the author for permission to put it on “New Life Bible Chapel’s” web site. The day after I posted it on our site a woman who is a believer sent me an e-mail expressing her delight in the article. Apparently she and her family were victims of those who insisted on applying unbiblical man made dress codes on those who attended the meeting she once went to.  I always found it strange that people would put such importance on outward appearances yet neglect the inner beauty that God desires in an individual. This attitude must be part of corrupt human nature seeing that it is an age old problem that did not originate with God but with lost religious souls. The Pharisees were of this type and our Lord rebuked them for it.

Mat 23:25 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28  Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.”

Pilgrim

I don't mean to butt in here, but I wanted to say "Thank you!", also! Great article based on Scripture!  Cheesy

Hello sincereheart,

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Here is what Jesus said of John the Baptist:

Mat 11:11 “Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.”

If John the Baptist could be here today I wonder how many churches would not allow him to even enter because of his attire?

Mat 3:4 “And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.”

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

Interesting, a camels hair coat with a leather belt might be expensive today and if worn to the assembly of the saints, considered a bit much.  Wink

The times and passing years do change ones perception of worldly things.

ollie
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 05:46:55 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2004, 06:08:47 PM »

Well, there's five pages here now.  So what's the consensus??

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2004, 06:32:09 PM »

It appears the one thing that preceeds clothing in everyones post is...."worship God".

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2004, 06:36:52 PM »

It appears the one thing that preceeds clothing in everyones post is...."worship God".

Grace and Peace!

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2004, 07:43:56 AM »

The clothes we wear are not important in God's purpose. As long as we are modest about raiment. The Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are the sons of God through Christ is what should be seen by others.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2004, 07:56:58 AM »

Pam said it best...

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2004, 08:46:48 AM »

I'm sorry but you wouldn't.  There's definitely a dress code and it would be on the invitation and if you didn't abide by that, you wouldn't be allowed in.
I'm sorry but I would.  Smiley Meeting the QoE isn't high on my list of "to-do's". If the QoE ever decides to invite me to meet her and there's a dress code, then I suppose I just must RSVP that I won't meet the dress code and will have to pass.  Wink

It's very true that God looks at the heart and man looks at the outward appearance.  I would never say differently but I still think that we should dress as if worshipping the King of Kings.  
Did you read what you wrote?  Smiley
"It's very true that God looks at the heart and man looks at the outward appearance.  I would never say differently but I still think....."
 God says differently but I still say.... Lips Sealed

Preach it Sis!   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2004, 04:01:58 PM »

1Cr 9:19
For though I be free from all [men], yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.
And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with [you].

Having been many places many times, and seen many different people, I can only say:

When I go to a street mission, I go in jeans and shirt (sometimes a t if it's hot).

When I go to an Indian res mission, I go in jeans, boots, and western shirt with a vest.

When I go to a community wide Thanksgiving service, I wear a suit and tie.

When I go to a church in Bullhead City AZ in the middle of August, I wear shorts (so does everyone else.....130+ temps).

To wear, or not to wear is not based on the freedom we have, or what we perceive as God's notion of what we should or shouldn't dress like....but in what HE wants accomplished among the people HE has sent us to.  

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2004, 04:19:16 PM »

Well stated, as usual, Evangelist. We shouldn't let clothing become a wedge between us and those Christ is using us to reach.  Smiley

What about when assembling with the believers?  Huh

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2004, 06:03:58 PM »

Well stated, as usual, Evangelist. We shouldn't let clothing become a wedge between us and those Christ is using us to reach.  Smiley

Which believers? The ones under the bridge, or the those in Peru? Or maybe the Samoans, or the 7 Clan People in 4 Corners, NM?  Wink

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2004, 06:32:18 PM »

LOL!

Let me re-phrase that.... Tongue

No, maybe not.  Undecided
Because all believers should have the same dress code and it shouldn't have a thing to do with the physical attire.  Smiley

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2004, 07:04:37 PM »

Which believers? The ones under the bridge, or the those in Peru? Or maybe the Samoans, or the 7 Clan People in 4 Corners, NM?  Wink
All believers, should dress as their custom. Thanks for the 4 corners area, as I live in the 4 corners area. Here we dress more in a country western style. I don't kow about the big city slickers, as I live in a small country town. I know in the past, my youth, in L.A. folks dressed in suits and ties. We dress nice, but are not overly dressed. The style, doesn't matter to us in the mountians. What does matter, is being clean for Church.

Resting in the Lord's arms.
Bob

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2004, 07:56:36 PM »

different jobs require different clothes.

do you keep money in a bank?

would you keep you money in a bank where all the personnel walked around in shorts and sandles??

Huh

Or a waitress who brought your din-din bearfoot - oops, I meant barefoot?

Undecided
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »

different jobs require different clothes.

do you keep money in a bank?

would you keep you money in a bank where all the personnel walked around in shorts and sandles??

Huh

Or a waitress who brought your din-din bearfoot - oops, I meant barefoot?

Undecided

Yes. I banked at a bank in Hawaii were all employees wore shorts and sandals. One of the best banks I ever had the pleasure of doing business with.  My money was very well taken care of. I don't trust bankers that wear $500.00+ suits or dresses. They do get that money for those expensive clothes from somewhere.

Yes. My waitress (wife) always serves din-din barefoot and sometimes bearfooted. It doesn't change the taste of the food at all.   Cheesy   Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the