Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:51:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hypocrisy - Clothes.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypocrisy - Clothes.  (Read 8169 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2004, 06:29:30 PM »

I'm sorry but you wouldn't.  There's definitely a dress code and it would be on the invitation and if you didn't abide by that, you wouldn't be allowed in.

Personally, if they didn't like the way I dress I wouldn't see them and it wouldn't bother me at all.

It's very true that God looks at the heart and man looks at the outward appearance.  I would never say differently but I still think that we should dress as if worshipping the King of Kings.  

Don't we worship Him everyday, all day and all night long? I know that I do.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 06:38:36 PM »

Personally, if they didn't like the way I dress I wouldn't see them and it wouldn't bother me at all.

Guess having been married to a fellow who was in the RUC where boots were spit and polished daily and then later where he was a Lt. in the 48th Highlanders where brass had to be polished, belts polished, hair cut a certain way, etc. I find it just normal to have a dress code for certain events and when meeting specific people.  Doesn't bother me at all.  Maybe it's kind of British.  I don't know.   Huh

Yes, you're quite correct but we have a Worship service weekly where we have the Breaking of Bread and the wine/grape juice and that is what I was speaking of.

As I said in my first post, this subject I don't think will ever be solved and maybe our speaking of it is really wasting our energy and words on something "unsolvable".

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2004, 06:39:35 PM »

"Blest be the Tie that Binds."   Grin

"Being dressed in Christ-likeness is how we  bring honour to Him."

AMEN!

Great message, thanks Pilgrim!

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2004, 06:58:36 PM »

I still think that we should dress as if worshipping the King of Kings.  

And if the king of kings cared about what I wore (which He says He does`nt)  and I had nothing befitting to wear to stand before the king of kings (which I dont) what then  Huh  

Sorry Patzt as much as I love the Highlanders, normal and traditional dont make it scriptural  Wink

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2004, 06:58:44 PM »

Guess having been married to a fellow who was in the RUC where boots were spit and polished daily and then later where he was a Lt. in the 48th Highlanders where brass had to be polished, belts polished, hair cut a certain way, etc. I find it just normal to have a dress code for certain events and when meeting specific people.  Doesn't bother me at all.  Maybe it's kind of British.  I don't know.   Huh

Yes, you're quite correct but we have a Worship service weekly where we have the Breaking of Bread and the wine/grape juice and that is what I was speaking of.

As I said in my first post, this subject I don't think will ever be solved and maybe our speaking of it is really wasting our energy and words on something "unsolvable".

I don't mean to sound like I am putting anyone down for "dressing-up" for services. I am just saying that it is an unimportant issue and as long as people are modestly dressed it should not be an issue in churches. The important thing is to get them in to hear the Word of God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2004, 10:02:18 PM »

I don't mean to sound like I am putting anyone down for "dressing-up" for services. I am just saying that it is an unimportant issue and as long as people are modestly dressed it should not be an issue in churches. The important thing is to get them in to hear the Word of God.

Exactly!  

I think that the word "modestly" is a good word!  ;o)  I've seen many who weren't who knew better.

It's great that we can discuss here with no hurt feelings.  On many sites, you couldn't.  

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2004, 08:43:03 AM »

AMEN!

At last somone gets the point!

Support your local Christian.
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2004, 09:55:11 AM »

AMEN!

Hi Shylynne,

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. When I first saw this article ( http://www.nlbchapel.org/clothing.htm ) I put off reading it for many months thinking it would be boring. I finally read it one day and liked it so much I contacted the author for permission to put it on “New Life Bible Chapel’s” web site. The day after I posted it on our site a woman who is a believer sent me an e-mail expressing her delight in the article. Apparently she and her family were victims of those who insisted on applying unbiblical man made dress codes on those who attended the meeting she once went to.  I always found it strange that people would put such importance on outward appearances yet neglect the inner beauty that God desires in an individual. This attitude must be part of corrupt human nature seeing that it is an age old problem that did not originate with God but with lost religious souls. The Pharisees were of this type and our Lord rebuked them for it.

Mat 23:25 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28  Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.”

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2004, 03:31:20 PM »

I'm sorry but you wouldn't.  There's definitely a dress code and it would be on the invitation and if you didn't abide by that, you wouldn't be allowed in.
I'm sorry but I would.  Smiley Meeting the QoE isn't high on my list of "to-do's". If the QoE ever decides to invite me to meet her and there's a dress code, then I suppose I just must RSVP that I won't meet the dress code and will have to pass.  Wink

It's very true that God looks at the heart and man looks at the outward appearance.  I would never say differently but I still think that we should dress as if worshipping the King of Kings.  
Did you read what you wrote?  Smiley
"It's very true that God looks at the heart and man looks at the outward appearance.  I would never say differently but I still think....."
 God says differently but I still say.... Lips Sealed

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2004, 03:40:09 PM »

I'm sorry but I would.  Smiley Meeting the QoE isn't high on my list of "to-do's". If the QoE ever decides to invite me to meet her and there's a dress code, then I suppose I just must RSVP that I won't meet the dress code and will have to pass.  Wink

Did you read what you wrote?  Smiley
"It's very true that God looks at the heart and man looks at the outward appearance.  I would never say differently but I still think....."
 God says differently but I still say.... Lips Sealed
Amen sincereheart, there is only one who, I will bow to as well. The Lord, Jesus Christ, I will no bow to another.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2004, 03:40:21 PM »

At first read I agreed with this. And for the most part I still do. As long as the *dressing up* isn't of the double-minded kind; those who *dress-up* to worship whether in public or in private! If they only dress-up when others will see then it's not really for extra reverance..... Wink

And again, I should always add the *modesty* part. It's Scriptural and I just assumed that everyone was on the same page with that one.  Lips Sealed

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2004, 03:45:31 PM »

I still think that we should dress as if worshipping the King of Kings.  

And if the king of kings cared about what I wore (which He says He does`nt)  and I had nothing befitting to wear to stand before the king of kings (which I dont) what then  Huh  

Sorry Patzt as much as I love the Highlanders, normal and traditional dont make it scriptural  Wink

Then what? Then you worry about your walk with Christ!  Wink He doesn't care about how youre clothing looks! A wise woman once reminded me that our hearts are the altar!  Wink

And with the heart for Christ that you have, you are exceptionally well-dressed!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2004, 03:50:27 PM »

AMEN!

Hi Shylynne,

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. When I first saw this article ( http://www.nlbchapel.org/clothing.htm ) I put off reading it for many months thinking it would be boring. I finally read it one day and liked it so much I contacted the author for permission to put it on “New Life Bible Chapel’s” web site. The day after I posted it on our site a woman who is a believer sent me an e-mail expressing her delight in the article. Apparently she and her family were victims of those who insisted on applying unbiblical man made dress codes on those who attended the meeting she once went to.  I always found it strange that people would put such importance on outward appearances yet neglect the inner beauty that God desires in an individual. This attitude must be part of corrupt human nature seeing that it is an age old problem that did not originate with God but with lost religious souls. The Pharisees were of this type and our Lord rebuked them for it.

Mat 23:25 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28  Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.”

Pilgrim

I don't mean to butt in here, but I wanted to say "Thank you!", also! Great article based on Scripture!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2004, 03:54:04 PM »

Amen sincereheart, there is only one who, I will bow to as well. The Lord, Jesus Christ, I will no bow to another.

You said it, Brother!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2004, 04:04:50 PM »

My thoughts are:

If I was invited to visit the ...President of the USA... I'd wear my best.

And on a lighter note, Pat, you may want to check out which season it is before you meet the President!  Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the