Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Spiritual Gifts?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiritual Gifts?  (Read 5313 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

Well after alot of praying last night. The Lord hit me with a 2x4, along side the head. I do have a gift, Prophecy[/b] now I need to find out what it is.........

While I was praying, eyes closed in a white, so bright I saw prophecy. I didn't see it, it was like in my brain.

Is this how most of you found your gifts?

Somewhat similar, brother. Before being saved the Bible was like any other book to me. It was history, geography, many such things as that. After being saved it was like a light that came on. I was able to understand the reason behind all those words and the purpose was so much more than just history and geography.

This gift does not always work. It works when it serves a purpose for Him. Scripture that I have read a thousand times over and nothing until it serves His purpose, to straighten out something in my life or to bring another person to Him.

The gift of preaching. I will work hard to put a sermon together, study, write notes, cross reference. Then as I am about to give that sermon it is all gone and another sermon is given to me to preach instead with none of the words being mine and verses popping into my head that I would otherwise have to search a long time for.

All of these gifts that He gives us are for His work. To further His work through us. He will meet out our portion as it suits His purpose and when it suits His purpose.

Rom 12:4  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
Rom 12:5  So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Rom 12:6  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Rom 12:7  Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Rom 12:8  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Rom 12:9  Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Co 10:31  Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Rom 14:19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

1Co 10:24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

Soooo true.  I am a speaker by nature.  I have the ability to be logical, and to present points in a logical, and persuasive  fashion.  I see that as a gift.  But like you were saying, I've been preaching before and found myself drifting away from the notes I'd prepared as God showed me the message from another angle I'd never thought of.  In obedience, I've followed and seen people changed from the message He gave, not the one I'd studied and prepared.  To boot, had I not studied, I'd never have been in that position.  At the same time, I've seen myself use that ability when I should have said what God had given me to say and left it at that.  I've beaten the proverbial dead horse, trying my best to persuade men in my power.  Point being, I've never persuaded anyone that I know of in my power.  All changes in the lives of those I've ever ministered to came from God's plan, His Spirit and His word working in their lives.  God just allowed me to be the mouth piece.

It's amazing.  If we'd just shut up, people'd hear so much more at times.  That is a gift given by God, to be used in Him, for Him and His church.  God didn't make this church and leave it be.  He gave gifts to the members, so that the foot could walk, the ear could hear, the eye could see, and the body could, does, and will continue to grow.   Smiley
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 01:45:05 PM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2004, 04:25:10 AM »

Thanks, Brother Love - seems clear to me - I'm blessed that you see it also.  

I have a post called "The Characteristics of the Modern Charasmatic Church"...but I'll refrain.  

To be fair I have "The Characteristics of the Modern Baptist Church" also - and I'm an Independent Batptist!

May God bless you my brother!

And thank you Brother, keep up the good work

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2004, 10:00:35 AM »

You know in all truth ?I do not not my gifts .I have done most everything in the new testasment at one time or another .But i have neverv walked on water nor been take from one city to another .But have gone to NEW JERUSALEM and back [city in space ] But I have been ables to lead a few to the LORD .and most other things .Some things I have experianced ,I do not understand WHY ?as the rivers of living water and GODS new REST .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the