Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:14:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christmas Theme for Firefox
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Theme for Firefox  (Read 2353 times)
Joey

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:18:35 AM »

For anyone who may want to make their firefox browser look more Seasonal  Smiley

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3918/

Here's what mine looks like

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:26:20 AM »

Hello Joey,

That is really pretty, and I have no idea how you did your post.   Cheesy

Do you mind me asking what software program you used to capture the screen and make it smaller for the forum? I was also surprise to see the picture full size when clicking on it. That's also really neat. I see that I'm going to need to make another trip to Firefox and see what all is new. Thanks for showing us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 3:23-24 NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:03:55 AM »

Bro Tom, to capture a picture of your desktop, look at the top of your key board and look for the key that says print screen. On my keyboard, its next to the F12 key...When you find the print screen key just press it. You won't hear anything or see anything but don't worry.

Next stage is to open the paint program that comes with windows. Once paint is open, click Edit and then click paste. The shot that you have taken of your desktop or browser, will then appear.

Then click File at top of page and then click save as. This bit is important. Change the file type from 24 bit Bitmap to JPeg and then save the file to where ever you want to save it on your computer...And thats it  Smiley

The program i used to actually post my screenshot on the forum is a web site called Image Shack and can be found here

http://imageshack.us/

Once web page is open, hit browse and then go to the folder where you placed your picture or screenshot. Double click the file and it will then be entered on the imageshack software....Check the box that says resize image and on the drop down menu, chose the size you want. I always go for 1024x768. Then click the Host it Tab.

Depending on the size of the photo and speed of your connection, the photo will be hosted. You will get 3 lines of text. Just copy and paste the 2nd line of text into any forum such as CU and the small picture should then appear in your post. All someone has to then do is just click on your small image and it will then open up to full size. This way of doing it, is excellent for people who may be on dial up, as it takes so much less time to open up the page.

Hope this all makes sense but please ask, if any of it isn't clear and i will try again.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:30:24 AM »

Thanks Brother Joey!

I really appreciate the information and help. I'm always learning something, so it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks.   Cheesy

I do have a photobucket account, and hopefully it will work much like the one you are using. I just thought that was really sharp, and it did really load in a hurry, even on my slow dial-up.

You also have to remember that I didn't give up DOS until just a few years ago. When I started using Windows, I also got my first mouse.   Grin   YES, this is the truth. I could make DOS walk, talk, sing, and dance, but I finally gave in to Windows. I've been a hostage to Bill Gates ever since.   Grin

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 10:20:37 AM »

Hi there,

Ok, I have downloaded and the theme and installed it but there is no change to the look of the browser... is there something else I still need to do?

Thanks..Tina

edited to say that it is all ok now..... I have it....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 02:06:25 PM by ibTina » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »

Hello Sister Tina,

You should have a command for "Themes" in your tools menu. Click it and a window should open that lists the themes installed in Firefox. Click the theme you want and more commands will be available. Click "use theme", and your browser will probably tell you it will be active after you shut down Firefox and restart it. You do have to turn off Firefox and restart it for the new theme to be used.

Holler if this doesn't work. If you don't see the theme listed on the theme page, it will mean that the theme isn't installed properly.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:14-15 NASB  For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 05:21:36 PM »

Thanks Bro Tom,

What you said to do .. I "accidentally" did.. I had closed down my browser and when I opened it up ...."there it was'..... the Christmas theme is really cute.

In His Service... Tina

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 08:42:57 PM »

You are most welcome.

Sister Tina, I use the newest Firefox version - version 2, and I do enjoy using various themes. Just for information, my favorites are Noia 2.0, Outlook 2003 Blue, and Walnut. The default theme is pretty nice, but the extra themes are done by artists, and some of them are much more fun to use. They have custom buttons, various color schemes, and they have enough themes to make just about everyone happy. Some themes are easier to use by people with weak eyesight, and I'm one of those. I like the text and the buttons to be very clear, and it's surprising how much difference it makes for a person to change themes. It's also true that some people are more relaxed and comfortable with certain color schemes, and some folks are color blind. They really do have something for everyone. I want to note that Firefox has received considerable recognition for providing a browser that people with various kinds of disabilities can use it more easily.

YES - this is a plug for a completely FREE and EXCELLENT browser - Firefox!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the