Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mormon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mormon  (Read 6865 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 11:16:23 AM »

"
Christianity and Mormonism
[/size][/b][/u]
Mormonism is a form a Christianity in the sense that it traces its roots back to the teachings of Christ, and uses the same Old and New Testaments with only slight modifications and additional testaments and teachings. However, its practices are very different from contemporary Protestant and Catholic Christianity. Many Protestant and Catholic sects exclude it from Christianity entirely, and subjected Mormons to a great deal of persecution during the early years of the Church. For an extensive and detailed explanation see the following articles discussing differences and similarities."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity#Christianity_and_Mormonism [/color]

You say your a Christian, then you make statements like that???

Which is it my confused friend? are you an evolutionist - a Mormon - or a Christian? There is only one truth, pick a side and go with it, get off the fence before your bum gets sore!  Grin

Make up your alleged mind Sibbal!  Tongue

Bronzesnake
shrekandogre

Romans 8:1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 11:24:41 AM »

"
Christianity and Mormonism
[/size][/b][/u]
Mormonism is a form a Christianity in the sense that it traces its roots back to the teachings of Christ, and uses the same Old and New Testaments with only slight modifications and additional testaments and teachings. However, its practices are very different from contemporary Protestant and Catholic Christianity. Many Protestant and Catholic sects exclude it from Christianity entirely, and subjected Mormons to a great deal of persecution during the early years of the Church. For an extensive and detailed explanation see the following articles discussing differences and similarities."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity#Christianity_and_Mormonism [/color]

THEY USE "slight modifications" of the bible they have there own bible which isnt a bible and they have changed so many times its redicilous and to have additional testaments and teachings.  Is totally saying that I dont believe that God knows what he's talking about so im going to change this so it agrees with me and since the Bible is God breathed or inspiried. your messing with God's word and also these people are polythesistic because they dont believe in the Trinity they see it as three gods seperate.  And they believe they themselves can be God to.  Also its a matter of there salvation they dont have any.  They are lost.  The world might consider them a sec of Christianity but they are not.  They are one of those groups who are off seperate and think they believe in what believe in but they dont.  And some of those other groups you mentioned Sleeker they aren't Christians either because they dont believe that salvation is permnant and comes from and through Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins and raising up again.

I know what I wrote I was there when I wrote it.
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 11:49:08 AM »

You say your a Christian, then you make statements like that???

Which is it my confused friend? are you an evolutionist - a Mormon - or a Christian? There is only one truth, pick a side and go with it, get off the fence before your bum gets sore!  Grin

Make up your alleged mind Sibbal!  Tongue

Bronzesnake
I'm both an evolutionist, and a Christian (not of the Mormon sect either).
THEY USE "slight modifications" of the bible they have there own bible which isnt a bible and they have changed so many times its redicilous and to have additional testaments and teachings.  Is totally saying that I dont believe that God knows what he's talking about so im going to change this so it agrees with me and since the Bible is God breathed or inspiried. your messing with God's word and also these people are polythesistic because they dont believe in the Trinity they see it as three gods seperate.  And they believe they themselves can be God to.  Also its a matter of there salvation they dont have any.  They are lost.  The world might consider them a sec of Christianity but they are not.  They are one of those groups who are off seperate and think they believe in what believe in but they dont.  And some of those other groups you mentioned Sleeker they aren't Christians either because they dont believe that salvation is permnant and comes from and through Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins and raising up again.
It's all relative.  You believe they aren't Christians because they are so radical.  They probably believe all the other Christians are extremely conservative who don't want to change.  If another sect of Christianity comes by that's even more radical than Mormonism, they'll think that both Mormonism and the rest of Christianity is really conservative.

"Mormonism is based on belief in Jesus as the Messiah."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism

"The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus."
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Christianity
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 11:57:13 AM »

Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 12:52:05 PM »

Grin

Evangilist put it quite well in another thread. That fence will be turning into a sword.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 12:56:08 PM »

Grin

Evangilist put it quite well in another thread. That fence will be turning into a sword.

Amen Pastor Roger!

Bronzesnake
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 01:26:44 PM »

Grin

EYOUCH! Talk about a split personality!!

Those who are wize will get to the "bottom" of that remark.

Bronzesnake
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 01:40:26 PM »

Grin

Bronzesnake

Lips Sealed  

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Bronzesnake
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »

Grin

Bronzesnake

Lips Sealed  

Cheesy Grin

Bronzesnake
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 01:47:18 PM »

Grin

Bronzesnake

Lips Sealed  

Cheesy Grin

Bronzesnake

I have only one question...what does EYOUCH mean?  Tongue

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 01:58:21 PM »

Grin

Bronzesnake

Lips Sealed  

Cheesy Grin

Bronzesnake

I have only one question...what does EYOUCH mean?  Tongue

EYOUCH = It hurts pretty bad.  

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2005, 02:29:04 PM »

I was just trying to be wize Grin

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2005, 02:50:37 PM »

There is no gray area with God! (James 1:17)
You either love and serve Him or you don't! (Revelation 3:16).

Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2005, 04:39:29 PM »

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I went to the link you provided above for the website Wikipedia, which is where you got your quote "Mormonism is based on belief in Jesus as the Messiah."  They are dead wrong, and probably have no clue to what they are really talking about.  Please Sleeker, be very careful as to what you believe.

Messiah is a transliteration of the Hebrew word ‘masiah’, which means “the anointed One.”  The Messiah was more than just a prophet or good man or a son of God (which the Mormons believe), HE IS GOD.  The Jews knew who the Messiah was supposed to be, that He would be God in the flesh, and the Old Testament made this very clear.

As a young teenager, Joseph Smith saw a glorious pillar of light, which after resting upon Joseph became God the Father and Jesus standing next to each other and then they spoke to him.  This is literally impossible according to the root meaning of the word Messiah since Jesus is in fact God the Father.

In other words, those who claim that Jesus is the Messiah yet claim He is anything other than Almighty God, are ignorant of the meaning and significance of who Messiah really is.  Please Sleeker, do your homework before placing any trust or belief in a system of anti-biblical teachings and deceits.
I'm not saying that they are right for doing that.  I'm not condoning it in any way.  I'm just saying they are Christians, but they are extremely radical and have a skewed vision of Jesus.  By the way, Wikipedia is a very good and reliable site.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2005, 05:01:07 PM »

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I went to the link you provided above for the website Wikipedia, which is where you got your quote "Mormonism is based on belief in Jesus as the Messiah."  They are dead wrong, and probably have no clue to what they are really talking about.  Please Sleeker, be very careful as to what you believe.

Messiah is a transliteration of the Hebrew word ‘masiah’, which means “the anointed One.”  The Messiah was more than just a prophet or good man or a son of God (which the Mormons believe), HE IS GOD.  The Jews knew who the Messiah was supposed to be, that He would be God in the flesh, and the Old Testament made this very clear.

As a young teenager, Joseph Smith saw a glorious pillar of light, which after resting upon Joseph became God the Father and Jesus standing next to each other and then they spoke to him.  This is literally impossible according to the root meaning of the word Messiah since Jesus is in fact God the Father.

In other words, those who claim that Jesus is the Messiah yet claim He is anything other than Almighty God, are ignorant of the meaning and significance of who Messiah really is.  Please Sleeker, do your homework before placing any trust or belief in a system of anti-biblical teachings and deceits.
I'm not saying that they are right for doing that.  I'm not condoning it in any way.  I'm just saying they are Christians, but they are extremely radical and have a skewed vision of Jesus.  By the way, Wikipedia is a very good and reliable site.

They are not Christians...They're Mormons...hello!!?
Christians believe in the Holy Bible - Jesus is God.

Just because you call yourself a Christian doesn't make it so.

Bronzesnake
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the