Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christians Unite
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christians Unite  (Read 1455 times)
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2004, 05:08:18 PM »

Grin

Hi all,

Can we unite on some things, Christians.

I think we all agree on the creed.  Can we trust in God that God isn't going to toss us out of heaven because we don't understand all there is to know about Him?

So, if there's folks that know less about Him then we do, can we embrace them with which the Love that Christ teaches us to, not kick them out of our earthly circles and heaven and trust that God wont kick them out of heaven because they know less than we do?

In that case, can we not kick the folks out of our earthly circles that know MORE than us.  Suppose there's folks that know more than us about God, can we embrace them also?

Sure, I don't mind arguing the doctrine.  And I certainly will tell folks that the Lord didn't teach us to worship Mary so they don't need to do that.  But can we put those things aside so we can unite on something?

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 05:16:33 PM »

Grin

1 Corinthians 12:13.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Whether we be Baptists or Catholics or followers of Benny Hinn, Pentocostal, or Postal, Protestors or conformists,  Grin if the Lord has mercy on us and we accept His atonement for our sin . . .trust Him as our Savior and Follow Him as our Lord. . . .

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 05:58:31 AM »

Grin

Whether we be Baptists or Catholics or followers of Benny Hinn, Pentocostal, or Postal, Protestors or conformists,  Grin if the Lord has mercy on us and we accept His atonement for our sin . . .trust Him as our Savior and Follow Him as our Lord. . . .

I am none of the above.

Thank You Jesus

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 07:37:36 AM »

The Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Roll Eyes

†† Guided by God ††
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 06:47:03 PM »

Romans 10:9.  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
 10.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11.  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
 12.  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
 13.  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Luke 12:8.  Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

1 John 4:15.  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

The Nicene creed served it purpose in history. That of a unified belief, (creed), in the combat against the "gnostics" and "Arians".

It claims no inspiration from the Holy Spirit. Today we have that which is claimed to be inspired of the Holy Spirit. Should it not be all that is necessary to unified faith. Why is this Nicene creed still needed?

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the