Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286812 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HEALING CHECK IT OUT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HEALING CHECK IT OUT  (Read 7226 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2003, 06:05:47 AM »

Within the Holy Bible there are several ways of getting healed. They include:-

1. Standing on the Word as explained in my first posting wrt 1 Peter 2 :24b

2. Laying Hands on the Sick according to Mark 16: 17, 18

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

3. Call For the elders James 5: 14 - 16
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.

4. Ask ( John 14: 13 ) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  

AND there are other methods!!!

The Holy Bible says it is God' s will to heal, for example,
see Matthew 8: 1 f  as it God' s will that everybody be saved.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2Pe 3:9 ).

How can you pray / act in faith if you are not sure of His will in this matter?

Rapha.

FAIT IN FAITH Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

LOL Its FAITH IN FAITH Smiley

Brother Love Smiley
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 06:32:26 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2003, 12:01:25 PM »

Your quote on Faith is NOT found in the Bible! What the Bible says on faith and healing in the Gospel of Matthew ( for example ) is as follows:-

Mt 8:10
    When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Mt 9:2
    And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Mt 9:22
    But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Mt 9:29
    Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Mt 15:28
    Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Mt 17:20
    And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mt 21:21
    Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith , and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Notice  Mt. 17:20 is Healing Method no. 5!

Rapha.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 12:07:21 PM by rapha777 » Logged

... for I am the LORD that healeth thee. ( Exodus 15: 26 )
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2003, 02:33:41 PM »

Within the Holy Bible there are several ways of getting healed. They include:-

1. Standing on the Word as explained in my first posting wrt 1 Peter 2 :24b

2. Laying Hands on the Sick according to Mark 16: 17, 18

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

3. Call For the elders James 5: 14 - 16
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.

4. Ask ( John 14: 13 ) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  

AND there are other methods!!!

The Holy Bible says it is God' s will to heal, for example,
see Matthew 8: 1 f  as it God' s will that everybody be saved.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2Pe 3:9 ).

How can you pray / act in faith if you are not sure of His will in this matter?

Rapha.

FAIT IN FAITH Smiley

Brother Love Smiley
Huh

Support your local Christian.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2003, 06:41:39 AM »

Everyone wants to go to Heaven
But no one wants to die Wink

Some Suggestions:

Dial 1-900-BEN-HINN Smiley

Go see Oral Roberts, and go up in his tower for prayer(maybe you will see the 600 foot Jesus. Smiley

Join the 700 Club. Smiley

Send Kenneth Copeland, Robert Tilton your prayer request (with a check).  Smiley

Have a Good Day

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2003, 10:28:09 AM »

My comment on Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copleland et al is , " No comment! "

Rapha

4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2003, 11:53:52 PM »

My time out is over. LOL

Some would go as far as to say that death (Physical) is the ultimate healing. Things that make you say Hmmm...  Huh

Sorry if there was a bitter Tone in my last post, guys. This topic has a history with me, actually, with some people I knew.

Sorry Grin

God bless,

4JC
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2003, 06:06:16 AM »

There are those that are sceptical of healing and speaking in tongues.

But consider the following:-

The book of Acts is sometimes called the Blue Print for evangelism. Salvation of souls is most important most Christians would agree!

Notice

Acts 2 Tongues + Preaching = 3000 souls saved.

Acts 3 and 4 Healing + Preaching = 5000 men saved

Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand. Acts 4:4

It is significant to note how many times tongues and healing / deliverance is mentioned in this important book.

Take away the supernatural from The Acts and there is nothing much left.

Rapha.

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2003, 06:13:57 AM »

I would like to reiterate what has been said on this forum and some new scriptures regarding the following point:-

Quote from: Brother Love on October 21, 2003, 06:10:57 AM
"Physical healing has, and always will be, associated with Israel' s program."

Consider what Asaph quoted:-

Eph 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 3:6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

ALSO in Romans 11 the Gentile Christian is grafted into the olive tree. Because of this one may safely conclude that what Israel had, the Gentiles may have!

How many true vines are there in John 15? Answer ONE!

There is only one body, one church, one flock and a person is in or out!

Rapha.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 06:21:21 AM by rapha777 » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2003, 10:05:15 AM »

I BELIEVE

I believe that the entire Bible is inspired of God, is without error and is of plenary authority (II Tim. 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6).
I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and man (Luke 1:35; Romans 1:3,4; Phil. 2:6-9).
I believe that man is saved by grace through faith. Man is depraved, utterly sinful and his efforts, regardless of how well intended, cannot earn salvation. Salvation is a free gift made available by the complete payment for sin through Christ's death on the cross (Romans 3:9-12; 3:24-28; 4:1-8; I Cor. 1:18-31; Eph. 2:8,9).
I believe in the eternal security of the believer (Romans 8:1; 8:29-34; 8:38,39; Eph. 1:13,14; Phil. 1:6).
We believe that the church of this dispensation is the Body of Christ (Eph. 1:22, 23; 3:1-6) which is to be distinguished from the prophesied, earthly kingdom of Christ. The historical manifestation of the Body of Christ began with the Apostle Paul before he wrote his first epistle (I Thess. 2:14-16 cf. Acts 13:45,46; Phil. 1:5, 6; cf. Acts 16; I Cor. 12:13, 27 cf. Acts 18).
I believe the mission and commission of the Body of Christ is to proclaim the message of reconciliation (II Cor. 5:14-21) and to preach Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom. 16:25; Eph. 3:8,9). The "gospel of the grace of God" is referred to as "my gospel" by the Apostle to the Gentiles (Rom. 2:16; 16:25). It is this gospel with which we are entrusted today (I Thess. 2:4).
I acknowledge that the above articles of faith do not exhaust the content of our faith which is the entire Word of God. However, I believe this list distinguishes some basic truths which are commonly disregarded today.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
asaph
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2003, 01:51:37 PM »

Brother Love, why are you scared of physical healing?
You said that following which has no backing of scripture:

The basic issue here is that the healing program of God is not in affect in the age of Grace. It belongs to the Nation of Israel and their program. Understanding how to rightly divide the word of God will help to clear up the confusion regarding healing today.

God is at work continually in peoples lives and many times miracles happen to bring Him glory. Your doctrine fails the compassion test. Sometime God chooses not to heal because He knows what's best. Instead of being rigid in your doctrine, as the pharisees were in theirs, please show a little compassion and bend on this matter.  

8   Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

asaph

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2003, 06:09:12 AM »

Another point to consider is the significance of names in the Bible. In the Bible there is great significance in many names - many have a prophetic significance while others reflect peoples faith and gratitude to GOD.

Regarding The Names of God some include:-
El Shadai means Almighty God
YHVH Rapha means The LORD your healer
Adonai Ro'ee meansThe Lord my Shepherd

The term "Old Testament" tends to suggest that these scriptures were superceded by the New Testament and are therefore of secondary, or merely historical importance. Jesus did not come to do away with the scriptures, or replace them, but to fulfill and complete them.

They tell us so much about Messiah that we should not undervalue them. The Jews call these scriptures the Tanakh. This is an acronym made from the names of the sections of the scriptures. The Torah (Law), The Nevi'im (the prophets) and the Khotavim (the writings).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2003, 06:10:55 AM by rapha777 » Logged

4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2003, 08:58:12 AM »

Rapha,

You said,
"Take away the supernatural from The Acts and there is nothing much left."  
WOW!, I hope you don't mean that. Actually, every word in the book of Acts is supernatural, so I guess your right.  Grin

You said,
"The book of Acts is sometimes called the Blue Print for evangelism. ......."
I can honestly say that I've never heard anyone say that. In fact, most would say it is a historic book and nothing in it should be considered normal for the Church unless confirmed in the Epistles because of the unique nature of what was happening at that time.

I missed something from your first few posts, maybe this will help give you a different perspective.

"Hebrews 13:8 has nothing whatsoever to do with the question of whether the Charismatic gifts have ceased; it's a statement about the unchanging character of Christ. In fact, that verse is one of the great proof texts of the deity of Christ, because it shows that He is immutable, and He is unchanging in His character and His attributes. But it does not teach that all of God's dealings with His people are always the same in every era. It doesn't teach that. .......We know, for example, that some important things have changed from the Old Testament era to the New, in fact, the whole point of the Book of Hebrews, the very Book that contains this verse, is that the ceremonial law of the Old Testament is no longer binding on believers in the New Testament era. The priesthood, the Tabernacle, the whole sacrificial system, are no longer part of God's relationship with His people."

Rapha
I know your argument better than you do. I don't disagree with the scripture you are using, only the way you are using it. Grin

God bless
4JC

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2003, 04:53:20 AM »

Further to the comment that The Book Of Acts is The Blue Print For Evangelism one can go through these scriptures and find the common correlation :-

Signs & Wonders( SW) Plus Preaching(P) = Church Growth(CG)

Have mentioned already:-

SW                            P                             CG
2:4                                2:14                         2:41
3:1                                3:12                         4:4

And there several others in Acts, eg.
8:6                                8:6                           8:12

Acts 8:6 f And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. 8 And there was great joy in that city. ... 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Rapha.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 05:14:50 AM by rapha777 » Logged

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2003, 05:30:44 AM »

Below is a testimony of a lady who I know has a testimony in which there is an interplay of divine healing and medical science.  Rapha
------------------------------------------------------------

HEALING TESTIMONY

By Val Jones *

In February, 2003 I was tested for a tumour under my left arm; it was found to be a malignant Melanoma. It was a secondary cancer from a similar tumour I had on my back 16 years before. This new tumour was in the lymph gland under the left arm.

A malignant Melanoma is the most vigorous and fast growing of cancer tumours because this was a secondary tumour it is very difficult to treat and usually travels to other parts of the body quite quickly.

At this time my relationship with God was not good, I had become fed up with life and had lost the will to live due to so many things had gone wrong for me and my family in recent years, therefore my chances of beating this cancer were pretty slim. However I still knew God and His goodness and faithfulness to us so I asked my church, Revival Fires and many other brothers and sisters to pray for me. God had saved my life and healed me 16 years ago but I was not sure that he would do it this time.

continued at:-

http://www.angelfire.com/md3/pafn777/healtest.html

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2003, 05:30:40 AM »

Nov 2

HEALING, THEN AND NOW

"And there came a leper to Him, beseeching Him, and kneeling down to Him, and saying unto Him, If Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean" (Mark 1:40).

It is interesting to observe exactly what the leper did and
did not say to our Lord in the above passage. He did not
say: "If You could, You would," even though more and
greater miracles would unquestionably have enhanced our
Lord’s fame. He rather said: "If You will, You can" -— "If
Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean."

The people of our Lord’s day did not question the gen-
uineness of His miracles. No one suggested that the in-
firmities He dealt with might be psychosomatic in nature,
that they were probably either real healings of imaginary
infirmities or imaginary healings of real infirmities. They
could not raise these objections, for the evidences of the
supernatural character of His healings were too over-
whelming to admit of this. Everywhere He went healing
the sick or casting out demons, the people "wondered and
were amazed," and spread "His fame" abroad from city to
city. At Capernaum:

"All they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto Him, and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them" (Luke 4:40).

How different it is with the "healers" of our day and with
their claims! Entirely apart from the objections of those
who question these "healings" on Scriptural grounds, it is a
simple fact that great numbers of people among the general
populace question the validity of both the "healers" and
their "healing miracles."

Meantime, as one has said, the death rate remains "one
apiece." There always comes that last time, when the "heal-
ing" doesn’t work and the patient dies. This is why all mod-
ern "healers" leave behind them a long, sad trail of disil-
lusionment and shaken faith.

Written by Pastor Stam

Subscribe at:
http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/twominut.html
Two Minutes With The Bible By Pastor Stam

Mailing Address:
Berean Bible Society
N112 W17761 Mequon Road
P.O. Box 756
Germantown, WI 53022

Web Site:
http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/
Gospel Books, Materials, & Free Mailings

Email:
berean@execpc.com

Telephone:  262-255-4750

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the