Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286813 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HEALING CHECK IT OUT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HEALING CHECK IT OUT  (Read 7227 times)
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2003, 05:15:21 AM »

You may be sick or know someone who is sick and the doctors say there is no hope! I have good news for you ... there is hope for healing found in the Holy Bible.

A very important scripture in healing is found in the book of Isaiah, Chapter 53 (found in the Old Testament). These words were prophesied about 2,700 years ago.

Isaiah 53, verses 3 to 6 are set out below followed by meanings of some of the key words based on Young' s Analytical Concordance.

­Isa. 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

grief(s) ...choli ( Heb. ) meaning sickness, weakness, pain
sorrows ...makob (Heb. ) meaning pain
stripes... chaburah ( Heb.) meaning a bruise, bandage, scar
healed...rapha ( Heb. ) meaning to heal, be healed .
iniquity(ies)...avon ( Heb.) meaning perversity .
transgressions...pesha ( Heb.) meaning transgression, rebellion.

It is instructive to read these same verses in Young's Literal Translation, noting in particular verse 4.

4 Surely our sicknesses he hath borne, And our pains -- he hath carried them, And we -- we have esteemed him plagued, Smitten of God, and afflicted.

Also according to a Hebrew speaking friend of mine one can write a simple mathematical expression based on verse 5:-

His stripes = our healing

Also note Matthew 8: 16,17

16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Moving forward in time to approximately 65 AD, over 30 years after the cross Apostle Peter wrote the following:

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (­1 Peter 2:24).
The Greek word used for healed ( iaomai ( Grk. ) ) is that from which we obtain the Greek word for doctor.

Based on 1 Peter 2: 24b, the Bible says we were healed not will be. In other words, if one is saved then we are the healthy trying to stop the enemy steal our healing not the sick trying to be healed!

You may say I can see that in principle but how does it operate in practice. To answer this question one testimony may be instructive.

In 1989, one well known preacher had sugar diabetes; his sugar level was so high that the doctor was surprised that he was not in a coma. He sent his wife out to procure every healing tape in the city in which he resided. He reported that God healed him and several years later testified to God' s healing power in this regard.

You may be still sceptical but I challenge you to be a Berean (Acts 17: 11) ... Check it out in the WORD for yourself.

Personally one of my daily confessions is, " Thank you Lord that I was healed from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet according to your Word, by whose stripes ye were healed. "

... for I am the LORD that healeth thee. ( Exodus 15: 26 )
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 06:32:59 AM »

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (II Corinthians 12:10)

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 09:20:13 AM »

To these scriptures might be added the following: "Who forgives all of thy sins and heals ALL of thy diseses." (Ps 103)

"Beloved I wish aboce all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers." (3 John 2)

aw
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 09:57:06 AM »

Some more thoughts on healing are enclosed below!

- - Part 2

Phew, it was hot. Recently we were sitting on a train and over the PA system the announcement was made that cars outside were overheating in the high ambient temperature. The train was moving slowly, then stopping for several minutes then moving forward slowly...

At this time I remembered an illustration from the booklet called, " The Four Spiritual Laws (1) " In this publication is a simple diagram depicting a locomotive ( or engine ), a guard's van ( or caboose) and in between a passenger compartment section of the train. The locomotive represents Fact (God and His Word), the guard's van represents Feeling and the passenger compartment part of the train Faith.

The purpose of the illustration is to depict that the train is pulled by the locomotive, not by the guard's van. In the same way we are encouraged to put our trust in God and the promises He makes in the Bible. Fuel is to be put into the engine not the guard's van. The more fuel of faith (trust) that is put into the facts of God's promises, the more His power will be released. We are not to allow our faith to depend on how we feel.

With the above material in mind let us try and answer the question, " Does God heal today? " The Bible says, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. ( Heb. 13: 8 ).

Who is Jesus Christ?

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh ( Jesus Christ ), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
( John 1: 1-14). { In verse 14 I added the words "Jesus Christ. " }
... Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; ( John 20: 31)

Let's Look At Some Bible Healing Scriptures Again

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. ( Matthew 4: 23, 24 )

Later on we read Matthew 8: 16, 17 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

In the Old Testament we see verses such as:-
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; ( Psalm 103: 1-3)

For I am the LORD, I change not ... ( Malachi 3: 6 ).

There are many more Bible statements showing that God will heal!
If Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. ( Heb. 13: 8 ) then His power to heal ALL our diseases and infirmities is available right now.

Only two or three days after the train journey mentioned above I was walking in the city centre. As I was taking a short cut through a side street I heard a voice shouting behind me and as I looked around there was a man standing about 25 yards away looking very joyful and waving a piece of paper up in the air. I recognised the man as a Christian and as he came up close he handed me a single sheet of paper and said, " I typed this out and my sister thought it was really good!"

On reading part of the typescript I learned that he had simply typed out some verses from the Bible ( with no analysis nor exposition ). One block of verses was from Exodus 15 and read as follows:-

22 Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into the Desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah.) 24 So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, "What are we to drink?"
25 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became sweet.
There the LORD made a decree and a law for them, and there he tested them. 26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."
27 Then they came to Elim, where there were twelve springs and seventy palm trees, and they camped there near the water. ( Exodus 15: 22-27 NIV ).

As I meditated on the above scripture I thought about those in certain countries who write scripture on slips of paper to encourage each other in the faith.

The context of the above verses are as follows:-
After supernaturally delivering Israel out of Egyptian bondage, God entered into covenant of healing with Israel in the wilderness.

After travelling 3 days in the wilderness, we read the words above, " for I am the LORD, who heals you." (Exodus 15: 26b)
Later on Mount Sinai, after God had spoken and given them the ten commandments, He promised:-
"... I will take away sickness from among you, " (Exodus 23: 25)
Forty years later as they preparing to enter the promised land Moses reminded them of His covenant.
" The LORD will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you. " ( Deut. 7:15).

So Exodus 15: 26 " for I am the LORD, who heals you." is God's contract of healing. Also the blessings given to Israel come to everyone who receives Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

"This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus." ( Ephesians 3: 6 )
( see also Ephesians 2: 11-22; 2 Corin. 1: 20-22 ).

It is a well known saying that a picture is worth a 1000 words. In this message ( Part 2 ) there are two simple pictures.

The first was that of a train and the main point here is that fuel should be put into the engine not the guard's van ... meaning that we should pay much more attention to the facts of God's promises NOT our feelings!

The second was of a man standing joyful in the street waving a sheet of paper ... meaning here the contract we have. So let us check out the covenant or contract we have with the Lord to see what it says about this important subject of healing, Amen!

1.Campus Crusade For Christ, " Have You Heard Of The Four Spiritual Laws (1965)

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 10:12:22 AM »

Also if sickness is so great why do people go to the doctor/surgeon and natural medicine to remove it?

I agree God is able to use infirmity/sickness for good but the OT says disease is a curse.

Rapha

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 01:18:49 PM »

Also if sickness is so great why do people go to the doctor/surgeon and natural medicine to remove it?

I agree God is able to use infirmity/sickness for good but the OT says disease is a curse.

Rapha

I am not under the OT, are you?

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 04:58:53 AM »

Rapha777,

Sorry, I didn't read all of your second post, too much to say in reply of your first post. I'm assuming you think healing is in the atonement, fogive me if I misunderstood.(It's late, and I'm tired)

First lets look at the context.

Isaiah1:4
Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

1:5
Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.

1:6
From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

Using physical sickness as a metaphor for spiritual sickness from sin.

Now lets read Isaiah 53 again.

Isaiah53:3
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

I hope this helped. I would take more time on this but i'm sure that there is a thread on this subject. If not, I'll be bock.

God bless
4JC

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 05:18:48 AM »

Dear Friends,
Please find below 31 Healing Scriptures ( Part 1 ) to consider.
God bless,
Rapha
------------------------------------------------------------
31 Healing Scriptures
One for every day of the month - Part 1 OT
-------------
Old Testament
Exod 15:26 | Exod 23:25-26 | Deut 7:15 | Ps 91:9-10 | Ps 103:1-5 | Ps 107:19-20 Prov 4:20-23 | Isa 41:10 | Isa 53:4-5 | Isa 55:9-11 | Isa 58:6-11 | Jer 30:17 | Mal 3:6 Mal 4:2-3

Exod 15:26
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
Exod 23:25-26
25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. 26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
Deut 7:15
15 And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.
Ps 91:9-10
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
Ps 103:1-5
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Ps 107:19-20
19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. 20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Prov 4:20-23
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Isa 41:10
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
Isa 53:4-5
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 55:9-11
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isa 58:6-11
6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? 7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? 8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. 9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; 10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: 11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Jer 30:17
17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.
Mal 3:6
"For I am the Lord, I change not"
Mal 4:2-3
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
... continued

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 05:20:58 AM »

Dear Friends,
Please find below 31 Healing Scriptures ( Part 2 ) to consider.
God bless,
Rapha
------------------------------------------------------------
31 Healing Scriptures
One for every day of the month - Part 2 NT
-------------

New Testament
Matt 7:7-11 | Matt 8:16-17 | Matt 9:35 | Matt 15:30-31 | Mark 11:22-24 Mark 16:17-18 | Luke 4:17-19 | Luke 9:1-2 | Luke 10:8-9 | Luke 13:16 | Acts 4:29-30 Acts 5:15-16 | Acts 10:38 | Gal 3:13 | James 5:13-16 | 1 John 5:14-15 | 3 John 2
Matt 7:7-11
7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Matt 8:16-17
16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: 17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
Matt 9:35
35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Matt 15:30-31
30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them: 31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
Mark 11:22-24
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mark 16:17-18
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Luke 4:17-19
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luke 9:1-2
1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luke 10:8-9
8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: 9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luke 13:16
16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
Acts 4:29-30
29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, 30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Acts 5:15-16
15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. 16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
Acts 10:38
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Gal 3:13
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
James 5:13-16
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
1 John 5:14-15
"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
3 John 2
"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 06:10:57 AM »

Physical healing has, and always will be, associated with Israel’s program. Notice:

Exodus 15:26: And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee. (referring to Israel)

Matt. 4:23: And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Acts 3:6-11: 6: Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

7: And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

8: And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

9: And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

10: And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

11: And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.

Notice that when God healed the lame man in Acts 3 He completely healed his entire body.

Notice Paul, and see what happens to him when he prays for a healing:

II Cor. 12:7-9:

7: And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8: For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Paul asks the Lord for help three times and the Lord responded that His grace was sufficient. The passage also goes on to tell us that we are to glory in infirmities because it causes us to rely upon His strength.

Notice what Paul says about others and their sicknesses:

I Timothy 5:23: Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

II Timothy 4:20: Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.

In both of these passages, Paul does the opposite of healing them physically. To Timothy he tells him to take some medicine, and then he leaves Trophimus sick.

The basic issue here is that the healing program of God is not in affect in the age of Grace. It belongs to the Nation of Israel and their program. Understanding how to rightly divide the word of God will help to clear up the confusion regarding healing today.

From a Study By R. Jordan

Posted By Brother Love Smiley

P.S. I agree 100% on the above study

<Smiley))><
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2003, 08:55:02 AM »

" How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing ALL that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

That is the Jesus I know; everywhere He went the sick were healed.  

Also Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, and today and forever.

Rapha

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2003, 09:21:21 AM »

" How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing ALL that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

Rapha

Who are you Benny Hinn Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2003, 05:26:26 AM »

Does the Bible say that Paul's thorn was sickness?

I base my case for healing on the Hole Bible. In healing the Christian has a choice... the Lord Jesus Christ or the doctors/ natural medicine.

The BIBLE says the following about doctors:-

Mark 5:25 f And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

2 Chron. 16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians. 13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.

Therefore the success rating for doctors is 0.00%

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing ALL that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

The Lord Jesus Christ has a success rating of 100.00%

It is pretty obvious who is the better doctor!

Rapha

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2003, 05:30:58 AM »

Rapha

Notice what Paul says about others and their sicknesses:

I Timothy 5:23: Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

II Timothy 4:20: Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.

In both of these passages, Paul does the opposite of healing them physically. To Timothy he tells him to take some medicine, and then he leaves Trophimus sick.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2003, 08:25:50 AM »

... AND in the book of Acts both Peter and Paul healed people. So what do you conclude from that?

Rapha.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 08:26:52 AM by rapha777 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the