Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:31:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Tired, feel like you can't go on?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tired, feel like you can't go on?  (Read 2837 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 12:48:24 PM »

There has been much talk recently of battling against evil. This is something that we all have to go through in this world. There is evil all around us and it seems to get worse each day. Many get tired of this battle, we get discouraged, disheartened and find it hard to go any further. In times like this God tells us to turn to him, put on His yoke for His yoke is light and easy to carry. This is telling us to give our worries and cares to Him. To refresh ourselves with and through Him, for there is no burden so heavy that we cannot handle with Him their to help us carry that burden.

I am not talking just about the wars of men. These battles that we face are far more than that. They are battles of good and evil. God tells us this in:

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

2Co 10:3  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

He gives us weapons by which to fight these battles so that we are not standing alone. If we but pick them up and use them we will in fact be victorious, we will win the battle.

Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We are told in Ephesians 6 what these tools are. We are told to put on the whole armour of God. What is this armour.

It is truth, God's truth. We get His truth by reading the Bible.

It is faith. Faith in and through Christ Jesus.

It is Salvation through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

It is prayer and supplication. We all know what prayer is. Supplication is to ask for earnestly and humbly. We must ask His help and to have faith that He will keep His promises to us. That He will see us through our trials and tribulations.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 12:52:35 PM »

We all battle the blues now and then. As I said earlier, God gives us tools to handle this. So we're headed for the battleground of the blues.....we'll tour it and try out our armor--so hang on! Caution: you are about to enter the WAR ZONE....but a BIG WIN is on the way!

Battlefield of the Past: A Parade in Faded Blue!

Been there/done that? Sure, we all have! Our foe frequents the past and takes us with him to watch the parade.....a review in blue of our past wrongs, mistakes, misjudgments, failures, sins, shortcomings and more. He's an expert in parade fatigue and he will wear you out--and down--with condemnation, false guilt, low self-esteem--any trick in the book--to get you to look back, to uncover the sins God has covered by the Blood, to bring them up again and again until you go down again and again--in defeat and into a world of faded blue.

What to do? BEAT THE BLUES OF THE PAST with the BELT OF TRUTH...it's part of that all-sufficient armor God gave you the moment you received His Son as your Savior. Hopefully, you dragged it here, or maybe it's at the one-day dry cleaner's or the consignment shop down the road - wherever it is, retrieve it NOW....and put on the Belt of Truth. The devil, with all his imagination and cleverness is a liar, the truth is not in him. Surround your waist (be it thin or thick!!) with that wonderful, one-size-fits-all BELT OF TRUTH made by Him who says, "I am the way, the TRUTH and the life," and the wicked one, must flee, for--

It's time to put on that belt, pick up the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT....and in His Name and with His Word, beat the blues that color your past, cancel the parade that condemns your soul, and conquer the enemy of your life....and here it is:

"There is, therefore, now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:1,2)."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 12:53:23 PM »

Battlefield of the Present: A Platoon of the Fighting Blues!

Been there/done that too? Sure, we all have! Our fox-like foe and his platoon of fighting spirits will fox--and fight--their way into TODAY--into our homes, our hearts, and our world. The hallowed place becomes an unholy place - a GROUND ZERO - where terror reigns, where right turns into wrong, where relationships crash, where internal pressure combusts.....and the Twin Towers horror we saw becomes a picture of our private world--blasted, blown away and blue. He knows what pushes your buttons today--and he'll use it against you every time. If you don't collapse with one button's push, he'll find another--and fight you, tooth and nail, until down you go, into the depths of despair.

What to do? BEAT THE BLUES OF THE PRESENT with the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS! His righteousness overcomes the evil roar of the enemy; His armor shields you from the daily darts of the wicked one. The Righteous One is able to right whatever's wrong in your topsy-turvy world--for HE is your righteousness! He fights on YOUR behalf, bringing the goodness of the Lord into the ground zero of your life. Welcome Him; then watch the wicked one flee, for you've got another weapon mightier than any sword of life--

It's time to pick up the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, put on that Breastplate of righteousness....and in His Name and with His Word beat the blues that color your present......and here it is:

"For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord (Romans 8:38,39)."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 12:54:19 PM »

Battlefield of the Future: A Proclamation in Faithless Blue!

Been there/done that one too? Sure, we all have! Our foe does not remain in our past to haunt us, nor in our present to harm us--he moves ahead to our future to hollow out the hope-filled places, filling them with dread, fear, anxiety.....for when all hope is gone, what then? He's got you in the faithless, fog-filled place he's been preparing for you--and there you sit, no sense of God, just gloom and doom and darkness ahead, as far as you can see.

What to do? BEAT THE BLUES OF THE FUTURE with the SHIELD OF FAITH.......as he, the enemy proclaims doom and gloom, YOU proclaim victory and faith. Pick up that shield and as the fiery darts sail towards you, send them sprawling at your feet, harmless to destroy and defeat you. You belong to the King--your hope is in the LORD--and you will yet praise Him....and THEN, he, the wicked one must flee, for--

It's time to pick up the Sword of the Spirit, hold up that shield of faith, and in His Name and with His Word beat the blues that color your future.....and here it is:

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God (Psalm 42:11)."

Your armor is on now--all but your SHOES...so get them on - the shoes of the gospel of peace - and march out of that battleground of blue in the Name of the Lord. Leave behind the defeat, despair, discouragement and down time--look UP...the Great Warrior stands beside you to lead you into victory....with the whole armor of God, go forth in His Name....and may the blue behind you, before you and within you, be GONE in the power of His Blood...you are more than a conqueror in the Name of the Victorious Son of God...

Now take THAT, devil, and BEAT it.......we belong to the King and HE IS LORD!

A Prayer: "Lord, thank You for Your armor that we choose to wear when our world turns blue. We refuse to succumb to the tricks of the enemy to defeat us in soul, mind, spirit and body. We proclaim liberty and HIS love, joy and peace, as we march to victory in YOUR NAME and with the full armor of the Lord, In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 12:58:53 PM »

"Storming the Gates of Hell: The Believer's Battle of Baghdad!"

REMEMBER WHEN? Operation Iraqi Freedom--battle time in our world! You read about it, reviewed it in the nightly news--and rolled down the sandy roads right along with embedded reporters--24/7! We saw the war move from horror and hell to hoopla and happy folks in the streets of Baghdad. We watched the Saddam statue fall, and his sculptured head roll down the city streets he once held captive.

We watched Iraquis dancing in the streets, flying high the USA flag, shouting in victory and celebration. We rejoiced too--BUT it's not over until it's over! Terrorism STILL stalks the land; the battle is NOT over!

Battles are common--in our world, in our homes, in our churches, in our schools and ministries--wherever mankind resides. A sad commentary on the real heart of men, even saved men, when the Lord of heaven is not in control. God help us--for there's a more formidable foe standing at the gates of hell, cheering on the discord, the discouragement, the distresses and the defeats of those who "fight the good fight of faith." So what to do? God is enlisting each of us in His army--to storm the gates of hell, to tear down the statue of the enemy, to triumph over evil and claim the victory in the Name of the Lord. So grab your gear, get on your Christian armor and let's go storm the gates of hell! The Commander-in-Chief leads us on to victory--by our testimony, His Word and the Blood of the Lamb!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 12:59:58 PM »

Storming the Gates of a Diseased Body: There's Healing in His Name!

So you're a perfect "10"? Congratulations--the rest of us are not! We deal with breaks, bumps and bruises--our bodies are mortal; sin and disease has entered our world and broken down our bodies--cancer, AIDS, heart disease, paralysis and a host of disorders whose names we cannot even spell. There's pain in us and all around us as the devil stands at the gates in seeming triumph.

But one day that stands alone in glorious triumph, Our Lord stormed the gates of Hell, broke down the barriers of disease, won the battle, and "by His stripes we are healed." Because He made the way, we too can storm of gates of hell, in His Name and power, and know there is miraculous, divine healing for our physical bodies. Whatever your need, don't give up--hold onto His Word, march ahead--and knock down the Gates of Hell in the Name of the Lord!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 01:00:32 PM »

Storming the Gates of a Discouraged Soul: There's Hope in His Name!

So you're always on a "high"? Congratulations--the rest of us ride a roller-coaster of emotions--the highs AND lows of life! We deal with discouragement and doubt. One day we're on the mountain, the next day, in the depths of despair. Hurts of the heart, dark thoughts in the mind, sadness in the soul. We're not alone--David in Bible days experienced the same emotions--read the Psalms for proof of HIS humanity--and you will relate to your own!

But one day that stands alone in glorious triumph, Our Lord stormed the gates of Hell, broke down the gates of discouragement and won the battle for us all. Now we can say, along with David who found victory in his soul, "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? Why art thou disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God (Psalm 43:5)." Don't give up--hold onto His Word, march ahead--and knock down the Gates of Hell in the Name of the Lord!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 01:01:13 PM »

Storming the Gates of a Defeated Spirit: There's Help in His Name

So you're ever the "winner"? Congratulations--the rest of us fail and falter in the reality of our own humanity. We're no different than Elijah. One day we win, on the "high" of victory against the evil one; the next day we're under the juniper tree--down in spirit, wallowing in the depths of despair, asking, "Why me, oh Lord; why me?" We've all been there--the enemy delights in "downing" the servants of the Lord, in bringing our very spirits into despair and defeat.

But one day that stands alone in glorious triumph, Our Lord stormed the gates of Hell, broke down the barriers of defeat, and overcame the enemy by His preciuous Blood. We follow in His steps, refusing to be defeated and rising with a spirit of determination, we march ahead--and knock down the Gates of Hell in the Name of the Lord!

There's wholeness in the Kingdom of God. He has won the victory, triumphing over the enemy of our spirit, soul and body. We now can triumph too, marching forward in His Name and with His Word, as we too storm the gates of hell, individually, finding victory for body, soul and spirit. Claim it today.....and know that IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER--while the devil was defeated at the Cross, he still roams the earth, tormenting and trying in battle the believers of the Lord. His doom, however, is certain. One day, He will be sentenced to the lake of fire, and Christ Jesus, our Lord, shall reign forever and ever. We will walk through the Gates of the City, perfectly whole, in the Name of Our Conquering, Victorious, Blessed, Ever-Living Lord.

You're a believer? Well, believe it - believe His Word and be set free from the bondage of the enemy in the Name of the Lord and in the power of His Word and Blood. He is risen--and He is Lord! He is LORD! HE IS LORD!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 05:03:40 PM »

Now take THAT, devil, and BEAT it.......we belong to the King and HE IS LORD!
AMEN!!!!

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 06:38:26 PM »

Finding this site has been nothing short of a blessing to me.  I know I was lead here by the Lord.   I can't explain it, but it seems that whenever I'm feeling "Tired" or "Blue" and "Can't Go On" I can come here and find the comfort I need.  It has never failed that I go straight to a post or a subject that relates directly to how I'm feeling at that precise moment!  God's hand is on me!  He has graced my life with the friends I have here.  We definitely walk "heart to heart"  . . .

Cheesy PRAISING HIS NAME!  GLORY! GLORY! GLORY! PRAISING HIS NAME! Cheesy
Blessings-

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 06:45:38 PM »

Hi Sister Terri,

It is good to see you again.

I am glad that it has been of help to you. The Lord's word is always a comfort to me.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 09:32:06 PM »

"HELP! I'M ON OVERLOAD!"

No, it's not the dryer you've overloaded, nor the computer your husband's overloaded; it's not the travel bag that's full to capacity, nor the tummy that's yielded to too much ice cream....it's YOU...YOU are on OVERLOAD!

Join the club! 21st Century living is like that--a constant demand of time, energy and loads too heavy to carry. Speaking of loads too heavy to carry, look back in time and classic literature and see him....the Pilgrim, as he progresses up the hill, slowly, with shoulders bent, with feet dragging, with soul distressed....yes, it's "Pilgrim's Progress" come to life.....only look a little closer for it's not Pilgrim of the past but the Pilgrim you see in the mirror each morning--Y O U--and you are on overload!

Overloaded with Yesterday's Failures!

The bag on your back is old and tattered; you've been carrying it a long time! It's filled with failures of the past--the times you've failed yourself, failed your friends, failed your family, and failed your God. You can't bear to think back, and you can't GO back, and you just fall back under the weight of the load.

No need to do that......Can't you see the Cross ahead? Keep trudging on, for THERE the Savior invites you to lay down YESTERDAY'S burdens at the foot of the Cross to find relief, forgiveness, assurance and grace. Give HIM the overload and be set free!

Overloaded with Today's Frustrations!

This bag on your back is stretched beyond capacity and ready to burst. It's full of kids' toys to be picked up, dinners to be made, laundry to be dried, houses to clean, office work to finish, taxi service to run, yards to mow, committee assignments to fulfil--and oh yes, there must be something we've forgotten--church, school, home, work all scream at us, HELP ME, JOIN ME, FEED ME, TAKE ME, BUY ME, CLEAN ME.....and you'd hide under the bed except that the backpack won't fit! The frustrations of daily living have you on overload--one more request from any person, place or thing and you will explode.....

Don't......Trudge a little further for the Cross is just ahead. THERE the Savior invites you to lay down TODAY's burdens at the foot of the Cross to find HIS peace, calmness, control and rest. Give HIM the overload and be set free!

Overloaded with Tomorrow's Fears!

This bag is so far ahead of the times that it's virtual.....virtual reality, with a peek into tomorrow's world as you think it MIGHT be. The fears are so real that they fill up the whole knapsack and overflow all around you. You exude fear itself and the overwhelming anxiety it brings along. Panic, pain, phobias of the future--all the "what ifs" beyond your grasp, some quite unidentifiable, others quite real. You look ahead and the overload of it all is about to kill you....

Stop it.....Trudge a few more steps to the Cross. THERE the Savior invites you to lay down TOMORROW'S burdens at the foot of the Cross to find HIS plans, HIS promises, HIS protection, HIS hope and HIS grace. Give HIM that overload and be set free!

Yesterday, today, tomorrow - three knapsacks of burdens we were not built to carry ourselves. They belong at the foot of the Cross, the place where pilgrims kneel and present themselves--AND their burdens--to the One who has already taken them on HIS shoulders. Our griefs, our losses, our questions, our crises, already borne by our Lord.....He has "borne our griefs and carried our sorrows" - for real - so get up, go on your way truly unburdened from the overload of yesterday, today and tomorrow! And now go find another pilgrim carrying a knapsack and lead HIM to the Cross...."burdens are lifted at Calvary" for us all--believe it and be set free!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

"I YAM WHAT I YAM!"

Popeye the Sailor Man turns to Olive Oyl and proclaims, "I YAM WHAT I YAM and that's ALL that I yam!" Aren't cartoons great? They say what we feel--and some days that's JUST how we feel. We're "gonna be ME"--whatever the cause or the case! Then--there are other days, when in frustration we say, "I don't LIKE being ME!"--and whatever THAT cause or case, we moan and we groan, "I can't BE as attractive or articulate, as deep or discerning, as smart or sensitive, as sensational or spiritual, as ________ or _________ (just fill in the blanks of YOUR favorite missing qualities), as WHO? _______________ (Just fill in the blank of a favorite "perfect person" YOU know!)."

Well, have I got GOOD NEWS for you--thank GOD you are not the "WHOMEVER" or "WHATEVER" of that person next door or down the street--in the next pew--or the next-door pulpit! YOU are YOU--exactly as God made you and exactly as God WANTED to make you. Oh, you're not perfect--you have warts like everyone else--including that person to whom you compare yourself! But YOU are YOU--there's not another like you; you're made in HIS image for the work the Father wants YOU to do!

So STOP it--stop putting yourself down! Stop trying to be someone or something you're NOT. Be the person GOD made you to be...and the person you are IN CHRIST......HE is the "I AM" of who "YOU AM"--not good English, but it's sure good preachin'--for HE is our peace, our righteousness, our wisdom, our strength, our identity, our joy, our motivation, our message--and when the "I AM" resides in who "YOU AM,"--you're OK! You're MORE than OK--you're a unique jewel in His crown, on display for a world to see HIS love shining brilliantly through the "YOU" that HE made, that HE loves, that HE approves of--so--

Lift up your head, look in the mirror, then look (with love!) at that "perfect person" YOU know and say (to yourself!) with a secret smile, "I am what 'I AM'--a child of the King, the I AM of eternity--that's GOOD enough for me!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 11:25:28 AM »

"I YAM WHAT I YAM!"

Popeye the Sailor Man turns to Olive Oyl and proclaims, "I YAM WHAT I YAM and that's ALL that I yam!" Aren't cartoons great? They say what we feel--and some days that's JUST how we feel. We're "gonna be ME"--whatever the cause or the case! Then--there are other days, when in frustration we say, "I don't LIKE being ME!"--and whatever THAT cause or case, we moan and we groan, "I can't BE as attractive or articulate, as deep or discerning, as smart or sensitive, as sensational or spiritual, as ________ or _________ (just fill in the blanks of YOUR favorite missing qualities), as WHO? _______________ (Just fill in the blank of a favorite "perfect person" YOU know!)."

Well, have I got GOOD NEWS for you--thank GOD you are not the "WHOMEVER" or "WHATEVER" of that person next door or down the street--in the next pew--or the next-door pulpit! YOU are YOU--exactly as God made you and exactly as God WANTED to make you. Oh, you're not perfect--you have warts like everyone else--including that person to whom you compare yourself! But YOU are YOU--there's not another like you; you're made in HIS image for the work the Father wants YOU to do!

So STOP it--stop putting yourself down! Stop trying to be someone or something you're NOT. Be the person GOD made you to be...and the person you are IN CHRIST......HE is the "I AM" of who "YOU AM"--not good English, but it's sure good preachin'--for HE is our peace, our righteousness, our wisdom, our strength, our identity, our joy, our motivation, our message--and when the "I AM" resides in who "YOU AM,"--you're OK! You're MORE than OK--you're a unique jewel in His crown, on display for a world to see HIS love shining brilliantly through the "YOU" that HE made, that HE loves, that HE approves of--so--

Lift up your head, look in the mirror, then look (with love!) at that "perfect person" YOU know and say (to yourself!) with a secret smile, "I am what 'I AM'--a child of the King, the I AM of eternity--that's GOOD enough for me!

Amen. WE have to learn to take authority over our thought life. No one else can do it for us, satan will always try to inject neagative thoughts about others, about ourselves, even about God, and we shouldn't be surprised, but we Do have the authority to take control of our thoughts. Even we are living on this earth in our flesh, our enemy is in the spiritual realm and we cannot confront the enemy with physical weapons. We must put on the Armor of God. We shall bless the Lord with every thought and purpose in life.

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 11:36:52 AM »

Amen. WE have to learn to take authority over our thought life. No one else can do it for us, satan will always try to inject neagative thoughts about others, about ourselves, even about God, and we shouldn't be surprised, but we Do have the authority to take control of our thoughts. Even we are living on this earth in our flesh, our enemy is in the spiritual realm and we cannot confront the enemy with physical weapons. We must put on the Armor of God. We shall bless the Lord with every thought and purpose in life.

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Two verses that help me start each day off right;

1Ch 23:30  And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at even;

Psa 55:17  Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

I have found that practicing what these verses say makes each and every day so much better.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the