Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  San Fran bans bottled water for city offices
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: San Fran bans bottled water for city offices  (Read 1645 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 12:53:39 AM »

we have to first pay the city for the water to begin with and when you are thirsty, do you really care where the water comes from?
My water comes from a well.  Since I am in the country, I don't have to pay a city for my water. Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 12:57:09 AM »

When I was overseas in certain countries I was glad to have bottled water but I agree. Here in the U.S. our tap water is fairly safe in almost all places so it isn't needed to have the bottled water. Just another fad.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 07:19:01 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin    ROFL!

This global warming stuff is ridiculous. The SUN changes by the second, and NO POWER BUT GOD has any control over it. The SUN could reduce activity and all of us would freeze to death, or it could increase activity and we would be fried. It really is just this simple.

Here's a funny on bottled water. The bottles are made from processes involving - you guessed it - PETROLEUM. These bottles are transported to the consumer to buy, and they are transported to the landfills when the consumer is through with them - all using - you guessed it - MORE PETROLEUM. The last part is also interesting - these plastic bottles don't degrade, and I don't think that anyone knows how long they survive in that landfill. I really think that we need to tell all of those Hollywood tree-huggers to stop polluting the environment with their plastic water bottles. We also don't know what chemicals are given off by these plastic bottles in the landfill, so they could also be polluting water supplies in the surrounding area. SO, the circle is now completed - back to water.   Wink

BUT, here's the most interesting fact. The animals we eat for food are responsible for the greatest air pollution that could effect global warming - IF such a thing exists. SO, if we really wanted to impact non-existent global warming, we would all stop eating meat, ban herds of animals, and capture any escaping gases from existing animals.   Grin  By far, ANIMALS are the single largest source of pollution - AND this is no joke. BUT - global warming is a joke.   Grin   I think that escaping gases from animals would be a perfect problem for Al Gore to tackle. This stands to reason since Al Gore is ALL escaping hot air.   Grin   Maybe he could design bags the animals could wear, but I bet that Al Gore would make the bags out of plastic.   Grin   I would also want to know who would empty those bags, how many times per day, and what the bags would be emptied into. This is a perfect example of how ridiculous Al Gore's non-existent problems really are.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 08:53:44 AM »

Here's a solution for that animal problem.   Grin Grin Grin

Cows that burp less seen helping in climate fight
Experts use modern plant-breeding methods to find new diets

Manners aside, getting cows to burp less can help reduce global warming.

Using modern plant-breeding methods to find new diets for cows that make them belch less is a way to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, scientists said on Monday.

The key is developing new varieties of food that are easier for cattle to digest and also provide a proper balance of fiber, protein and sugar, said Michael Abberton, a scientist at the UK-based Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research.

This could open up plant-based solutions as alternatives to reducing stock as farmers look for ways to cut methane emissions amid warming climates, he told a briefing on farming and climate change at London's Science Media Centre.

He noted the average dairy cow belches out about 100 to 200 liters of methane each day, making diet changes a key potential factor in reducing this greenhouse gas.

"There is a common misperception about how methane gets into the atmosphere," he said. "It is actually through belching rather than the other end."

Agriculture is responsible for about seven percent of UK greenhouse gas emissions and a large proportion of two of the most potent gases with 37 percent of methane and 67 percent of nitrous oxide.

Greenhouses gases are widely blamed for causing global warming. Scientists say average temperatures will rise by between two and six degrees Celsius by the end of the century, causing droughts, floods and violent storms.

Abberton said introducing easier-to-digest legumes that tend to reduce methane emissions is an example of an approach scientists are beginning to explore. Legumes such as clover and alfalfa are commonly used for animal fodder.

It also requires farmers to balance cows' legume intake with other food and to develop different species of grass that are also more digestible, he added.

"What I'm saying is there are approaches within plant breeding that can lead to reduced emissions," he said.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 08:56:11 AM »

Snow in Buenos Aires for 1st time in 89 years
Cold snap plunges temps in South America, killing 3 people

A cold snap sent thermometers plunging in South America in recent days, killing three people in Chile and Argentina while Buenos Aires saw snow on Monday for the first time in 89 years.

The temperature dropped to minus 22 degrees Celsius (7.5 Farenheit) in Bariloche, in Argentina's southern Andes mountains, while snow flakes fell for the first time in Buenos Aires since 1918.

A man was found dead from the cold on a doorstep in Rosario, 300 (186 miles) north of here. The body of a homeless man was found Monday under cardboard on a street in Buenos Aires, where the temperature fell to 3 degrees C (37 F).

A blizzard hit Mendoza, on the foothills of the Andes 1,100 kilometers (680 miles) northwest of here, and the Andean provinces of Catamarca, La Rioja, San Juan, Mendoza and Neuquen have been placed under a storm alert, the national weather service said.

A blizzard with winds of up to 140 kilometers (87 miles) per hour shut down the Cristo Redentor tunnel between Chile and Argentina, stranding some 3,000 trucks.

In Chile's southern region of Araucania, where the thermometer dropped to minus 18 C (minus 4 F), another man was found dead from exposure.

In Bolivia, heavy snowfall blocked the country's main highway and shut down its biggest airports, the National Meteorology and Hydrology Service said.

Even in Peru, where warm climate prevails, the cold snap forced authorities to place half of the country's 24 departments under a state of emergency.

Weather forecasters expect this third cold snap in the southern hemisphere's winter season to last until Wednesday.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »

If it weren't for the deaths and the many illnesses attributed to this cold snap this would also be funny.

Cold weather kills 55 children in Peru

At least 55 children under the age of five have died in Peru due to a cold wave that has hit most parts of the country, Peru's Health Minister Carlos Vallejos said.

Plateau regions across the provinces of Puno, Apurimac, Ancash, Cajamarca and Cusco are among the worst hit in the country, which have seen extreme cold weather of -20 degrees Celsius, the minister said Friday.

About 6,300 people have also caught pneumonia as a result of the cold weather, the minister said.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the