Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 08:25:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What United in Christ means
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What United in Christ means  (Read 978 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2004, 09:23:53 AM »

Unfortunately, most Christians are not united in Christ. They instead follow Luther, Calvin, the Catholic doctrine, etc. 1Co. 1:12-14, "What I mean is this; one of you says 'I follow Paul'; another, 'I follows Apollos;' another, 'I follow Cephas' and still another, 'I follow Christ.' Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul?"
     Paul is clearly not tooting his own horn and trying to get people to follow him or ANY man but Jesus. This is the opposite of what Christians and clergy are doing today. Oh they all say that Christ is the head of THEIR church, just like Apollos, Cephas, and other "leaders" were also doing. But their hearts belong to their LEADERS instead of Christ, otherwise Paul wouldn't have had to speak to them about it!  This is what I mean about idol worshiping because it causes division and loyalties to DENOMINATIONS instead of to Jesus Christ Himself.
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 05:26:18 PM »

Heidi,
   Do you believe the body of Messiah is really a spiritual body and not a physical body, ie: denomination or church?  

Shalom, MalkyEL

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 06:17:48 PM »

Heidi,

Unfortunately, most Christians are not united in Christ
Could you explain just what you mean, or understand it to mean, 'united in Christ'?

This is what I mean about idol worshiping because it causes division and loyalties to DENOMINATIONS instead of to Jesus Christ Himself.[/quote/
How does individual interpretations of what the Bible says lead to union and prevent division?

In your view, is your reading and understanding via your interpretation the most sound and guaranteed means of arriving at Truth, rather, than say, a Church, a denomination, even a small group or even another  individual?

If Christ gave us all Truth, and all Truth is contained in the Bible, why all the confusion?  All are being led, supposedly, by the Holy Spirit.

I_Believe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 07:45:31 PM »

If Christ gave us all Truth, and all Truth is contained in the Bible, why all the confusion?  All are being led, supposedly, by the Holy Spirit.

The answer might not be a comforting one...

"Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it. How narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it. (Mat 7:13-14)

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the gospel of Christ.

These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 07:54:51 PM »

What I mean is that on our hearts, not just with our lips, we worship only Jesus Christ. "For where your heart is, there also will be your treasure." Many people think they are worshiping Christ when in reality, they defend their denominations even if their denominational docrtine contradicts Christ's words. That's here division arises.
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 08:00:47 PM »

not only division, but worse yet . . . deception  Cry

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 08:12:58 PM »

Heidi,

Answer the questions. You have neither explained your understanding. Saying its is from the heart does not mean 'union in Christ'.
Answer the others as well. Please.

I Believe,
How does your text even relate to Heidi's question or any of mine?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the