Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60426 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2006, 02:47:06 AM »

============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                      Tuesday April 11, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips [is] wise.

My beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.--[He that is] slow to anger [is] better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.--In many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.--By thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.--Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed [himself] to him that judgeth righteously.--Consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

In their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Pr 10:19 Jas 1:19 Pr 16:32 Jas 3:2 Mt 12:37 Ps 141:3 1Pe 2:21-23 Heb 12:3 Re 14:5

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Tuesday April 11, 2006

Evening

Teach me thy way, O LORD.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.--Good and upright [is] the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way. The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.--Having. . . boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and [having] an high priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.

Then shall we know, [if] we follow on to know the LORD.--All the paths of the LORD [are] mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Ps 27:11 32:8 25:8,9 Joh 10:9 14:6 Heb 10:19-22 Ho 6:3 Ps 25:10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2006, 07:41:37 AM »

==============================================
                     Wednesday April 12, 2006

Morning

What the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

The law having a shadow of good things to come, [and] not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered?--By him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren.

Ro 8:3 Heb 10:1,2 Ac 13:39 Heb 2:14-17

Wednesday April 12, 2006

Evening

All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

There is none righteous, no, not one. . . . there is none that doeth good, no, not one.--[There is] not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.--How can he be clean [that is] born of a woman?

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left [us] of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin [is] ever before me.--Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

The LORD . . . hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.-- Whom he justified, them he also glorified.--We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.--If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel.

Walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

Ro 3:23,10,12 Ec 7:20 Job 25:4 Heb 4:1 Ps 51:3,5 2Sa 12:13 Ro 8:30 2Co 3:18 Col 1:23 1Th 2:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2006, 10:49:32 AM »

Thursday April 13, 2006

Morning

Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase.

He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.--Upon the first [day] of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as [God] hath prospered him.

God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

I beseech you, . . . brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.--The love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: and [that] he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.--Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Pr 3:9 2Co 9:6 1Co 16:2 Heb 6:10 Ro 12:1 2Co 5:14,15 1Co 10:31

Thursday April 13, 2006

Evening

There shall be no night there.

The LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

The city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.--They need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light.

Ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.--Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son.--Ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light.

We are not of the night, nor of darkness.

The path of the just [is] as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Re 21:25 Isa 60:19 Re 21:23 22:5 1Pe 2:9 Col 1:12,13 Eph 5:8 1Th 5:5 Pr 4:18

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »

===========================================
                       Friday April 14, 2006

Morning

My soul shall be satisfied as [with] marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise [thee] with joyful lips: when I remember thee upon my bed, [and] meditate on thee in the [night] watches.

How precious . . . are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!--How sweet are thy words unto my taste! [yea, sweeter] than honey to my mouth!--Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love [is] better than wine.

Whom have I in heaven [but thee]? and [there is] none upon earth [that] I desire beside thee.--Thou art fairer than the children of men.

As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so [is] my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit [was] sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me [was] love.--His countenance [is] as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars. His mouth [is] most sweet: yea, he [is] altogether lovely. This [is] my beloved, and this [is] my friend.

Ps 63:5,6 139:17 119:103 Ca 1:2 Ps 73:25 45:2 Ca 2:3,4 5:15,16

Friday April 14, 2006

Evening

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation.

I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.--Return, ye backsliding children, [and] I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou [art] the LORD our God.--I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.--He restoreth my soul.--O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe.

I, [even] I, [am] he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Ps 51:12 Isa 57:18 1:18 Jer 3:22 Ps 85:8 103:2,3 23:3 Isa 12:1 Ps 119:117 Isa 43:25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »

Saturday April 15, 2006

Morning

Their Redeemer [is] strong.

I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins.--I have laid help upon [one that is] mighty.--Thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.--Mighty to save.--Able to keep you from falling.--Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.--He is able . . . to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem?

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? . . . I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jer 50:34 Am 5:12 Ps 89:19 Isa 49:26 63:1 Jude 1:24 Ro 5:20 Joh 3:18 Heb 7:25 Isa 50:2 Ro 8:35,38,39

Saturday April 15, 2006

Evening

Seekest thou great things for thyself? seek [them] not.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.--Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

He that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.--Christ . . . suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into [this] world, [and it is] certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.

Jer 45:5 Mt 11:29 Php 2:5-8 Mt 10:38 1Pe 2:21 1Ti 6:6-8 Php 4:11

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2006, 10:56:30 AM »

Sunday April 16, 2006

Morning

I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

I sink in deep mire, where [there is] no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.--Waters flowed over mine head; [then] I said, I am cut off. I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day [that] I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.

Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more? Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth [his] promise fail for evermore? Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? And I said, This [is] my infirmity: [but I will remember] the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.--[I had fainted], unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

Ps 31:22 69:2 Lam 3:54-57 Ps 77:7-11 27:13

Sunday April 16, 2006

Evening

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him.

Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep [me] from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.--Ask what I shall give thee. And Solomon said unto God, . . . give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people.--And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that [is] on the sea shore.

Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, [it is] nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power. . . . O LORD, thou [art] our God; let not man prevail against thee. So the LORD smote the Ethiopians before Asa.

O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

Ps 91:15 1Ch 4:10 2Ch 1:7,8,10 1Ki 4:29 2Ch 14:11,12 Ps 65:2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2006, 11:00:40 AM »

Monday April 17, 2006

Morning

Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.-- Glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.--Ye, . . . as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.--By him . . . let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.

My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear [thereof], and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

Ps 50:23 Col 3:16,17 1Co 6:20 1Pe 2:9,5 Heb 13:15 Ps 34:2,3

Monday April 17, 2006

Evening

Draw me, we will run after thee.

I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.--I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love.--I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.--Behold the Lamb of God!--As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Whom have I in heaven [but thee]? and [there is] none upon earth [that] I desire beside thee.--We love him, because he first loved us.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over [and] gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing [of birds] is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines [with] the tender grape give a [good] smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

So 1:4 Jer 31:3 Ho 11:4 Joh 12:32 1:36 3:14,15 Ps 73:25 1Jo 4:19 So 2:10-13

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »

Tuesday April 18, 2006

Morning

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee.

[Moses] stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid.--[There is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Now the man Moses [was] very meek, above all the men which [were] upon the face of the earth.--Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.--Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.

Moses verily [was] faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; but Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

De 18:18 5:5 1Ti 2:5 Nu 12:3 Mt 11:29 Php 2:5-7 Heb 3:5,6

Tuesday April 18, 2006

Evening

Everlasting consolation.

I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

By one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.--He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.--I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

The gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.--Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?--The Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.--So shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

This [is] not [your] rest.--Here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

2Th 2:16 Eze 16:60 Heb 10:14 7:25 2Ti 1:12 Ro 11:29 8:35 Re 7:17 1Th 4:17,18 Mic 2:10 Heb 13:14

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2006, 02:53:39 PM »

Wednesday April 19, 2006

Morning

Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

The veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.--Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God.--The way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.--Through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God.--Having, . . . brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh.--We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Joh 10:7 Mt 27:51 1Pe 3:18 Heb 9:8 Joh 10:9 14:6 Eph 2:18,19 Heb 10:19,20 Ro 5:1,2

Wednesday April 19, 2006

Evening

[His word] was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not [stay].

Necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! . . . What is my reward then? [Verily] that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.--They called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said unto them, . . . We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.--The love of Christ constraineth us.

I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth. . . . [Thou] wicked and slothful servant, . . . thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and [then] at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

Go . . . to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee.

Jer 20:9 1Co 9:16,18 Ac 4:18-20 2Co 5:14 Mt 25:25-27 Mr 5:19

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2006, 02:55:29 PM »

Thursday April 20, 2006

Morning

There shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand.

Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing].--Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul.--Hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.--The grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

De 13:17 2Co 6:17 1Pe 2:11 Jude 1:23 1Jo 3:2,3 Tit 2:11-14

Thursday April 20, 2006

Evening

Who art thou, Lord? . . . I am Jesus.

It is I; be not afraid.--When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I [am] the LORD thy God, . . . thy Saviour.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--Emmanuel, . . . God with us.

Thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.--If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.--Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Ac 26:15 Mt 14:27 Isa 43:2,3 Ps 23:4 Mt 1:23,21 1Jo 2:1 Ro 8:34,35

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2006, 07:37:18 AM »

Friday April 21, 2006

Morning

Stand fast in the Lord.

My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.

The LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever.--The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

The just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.--If they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed. --He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.-- Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. --Hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.-- He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life.

Php 4:1 Job 23:11 Ps 37:28 121:7 Heb 10:38,39 1Jo 2:19  Joh 8:31 Mt 24:13 1Co 16:13 Re 3:11,5

Friday April 21, 2006

Evening

Enoch walked with God.

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Having made peace through the blood of his cross, . . . You, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.--In Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

If, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen.

Ge 5:22 Am 3:3 Col 1:20-22 Eph 2:13 Ro 5:10,11 1Jo 1:3 2Co 13:14

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2006, 07:39:13 AM »

Saturday April 22, 2006

Morning

If his offering [be] a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD. And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.

God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering.--Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.--We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once [for all].--A ransom for many.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.-- I will love them freely. The Son of God . . . loved me and gave himself for me.

He hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.--He hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Le 1:3,4 Ge 22:8 Joh 1:29 Heb 10:10 Mt 20:28 Joh 10:18 Ho 14:4 Ga 2:20 2Co 5:21 Eph 1:6

Saturday April 22, 2006

Evening

Great [is] thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called [thee] by thy name; thou [art] mine. . . . I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour. . . . I, [even] I, [am] he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.--They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; none [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: for the redemption of their soul [is] precious.--I have found a ransom.--God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Ps 86:13 Mt 10:28 Isa 43:1,11,25 Ps 49:6-8 Job 33:24 Eph 2:4,5 Ac 4:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2006, 10:27:03 PM »

Sunday April 23, 2006

Morning

The LORD was my stay.

Truly in vain [is salvation hoped for] from the hills, [and from] the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God [is] the salvation of Israel.--The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.--Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great [is] the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.--[The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.--The eternal God [is thy] refuge, and underneath [are] the everlasting arms.--So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.--For who [is] God save the LORD? or who [is] a rock save our God? [It is] God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

By the grace of God I am what I am.

Ps 18:18 Jer 3:23 Ps 18:2 Isa 12:6 Ps 34:7,17 De 33:27 Heb 13:6 Ps 18:31,32 1Co 15:10

Sunday April 23, 2006

Evening

All we like sheep have gone astray.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.--There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable.

Ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.--I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.--My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Isa 53:6 1Jo 1:8 Ro 3:10-12 1Pe 2:25 Ps 119:176 23:3 Joh 10:27,28 Lu 15:4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2006, 10:28:42 PM »

=============================================
                       Monday April 24, 2006

Morning

The LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.

Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us.--David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.--God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.--I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. . . . He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.--There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

He [is] faithful that promised.--Hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?-- Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.--The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Ge 21:1 Ps 62:8 1Sa 30:6 Ge 50:24 Ac 7:34,36 Jos 21:45 Heb 10:23 Nu 23:19 Mt 24:35 Isa 40:8

Monday April 24, 2006

Evening

The eyes of all wait upon thee.

He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things.--The LORD [is] good to all: and his tender mercies [are] over all his works.--Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.

The same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.--Behold, as the eyes of servants [look] unto the hand of their masters, [and] as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes [wait] upon the LORD our God.

The LORD [is] a God of judgment.--And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this [is] our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this [is] the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.--If we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

Ps 145:15 Ac 17:25 Ps 145:9 Mt 6:26 Ro 10:12 Ps 121:1 123:2 Isa 30:18 25:9 Ro 8:25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2006, 10:30:18 PM »

Tuesday April 25, 2006

Morning

Thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins.--That we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness.--He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him.

He [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. . . . The LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.--Thus it behoved Christ to suffer, . . . that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations.--He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Him hath God exalted with his right hand [to be] a Prince and a Saviour, . . . to give repentance.--Through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: and by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.--Your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Mt 1:21 1Jo 3:5 1Pe 2:24 Heb 7:25 Isa 53:5,6 Lu 24:46,47 Heb 9:26 Ac 5:31 13:38,39 1Jo 2:12

Tuesday April 25, 2006

Evening

Our Lord Jesus Christ, . . . though he was rich, . . . became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

It pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell. --The brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.--Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation.

The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air [have] nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay [his] head.

All things are yours; whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; and ye are Christ's; and Christ [is] God's.

2Co 8:9 Col 1:19 Heb 1:3,4 Php 2:6,7 Mt 8:20 1Co 3:21-23

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the