Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:40:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bible Question 2 (Moderators Excluded)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bible Question 2 (Moderators Excluded)  (Read 794 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2005, 07:07:57 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This is a Bible question that I hope many will become involved in. Moderators are excluded from participating unless things get really rough in the discussion, but I would hope there would be nothing but a friendly discussion and good exchange of Scriptures.

QUESTION 2:

After the death of Judas, there were only 11 Apostles. Two questions:  (a) Was Judas replaced with another Apostle; (b) If so, what was the name of his replacement?

Please state your reasons for your "YES" or "NO" answer and provide supporting Scriptures. If you think there was a replacement for Judas, please provide the supporting Scriptures for his replacement. We really hope that you enjoy participating in answering this question and have some good fellowship in discussion of the Scriptures.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:16:13 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This is a Bible question that I hope many will become involved in. Moderators are excluded from participating unless things get really rough in the discussion, but I would hope there would be nothing but a friendly discussion and good exchange of Scriptures.

QUESTION 2:

After the death of Judas, there were only 11 Apostles. Two questions:  (a) Was Judas replaced with another Apostle; (b) If so, what was the name of his replacement?

Please state your reasons for your "YES" or "NO" answer and provide supporting Scriptures. If you think there was a replacement for Judas, please provide the supporting Scriptures for his replacement. We really hope that you enjoy participating in answering this question and have some good fellowship in discussion of the Scriptures.
Yes after the death of Judas there were only 11 Apostles.
Judas was replaced by another Apostle whose name was Matthias.
This fulfilled prophecy, Ps 109:8 reads "Let his days be few, and let another take his office." Read Acts 1:20.
The first chapter of Acts answers these questions thoroughly, of the followers of our Lord that were with Him from the days of John the Baptist, even unto the Ascension of our Lord 2 men were chosen Joseph also called Barsabas whose surname was Justus and Matthias. These were with the Apostles and had accompanied them all along while Jesus was on the earth, and they had witnessed the resurrection (verses 21-22). After these two men were chosen the remaining Apostles prayed and asked God to show them which of the two men was the one who would replace Judas (Acts 1:24-25). They gave forth lots and the lot fell upon Matthias (verse 26). So Matthias was not chosen by the remaining 11 Apostles, he was chosen by God Himself.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:21:57 AM »

Good morning PR, BEP. I pray you had a wonderful weekend. How are you today? Have either one of you heard anything new about Brother John? PR, is your brother doing better?
Today is a great day, it is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 09:39:36 AM »

Sister Maria,

I'm sorry to say that I haven't heard a word from or about Brother John. I don't think they are checking email since I've sent several. I've been thinking about him and praying for him a lot over the last few weeks, and that all I know to do right now.

Ref. Monday - HAPPY MONDAY!! - YES! - This is another wonderful day that the LORD has made! I will be glad in it and praise HIM.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:30-31 NASB  As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God,

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the