Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:28:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Grammyluv here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grammyluv here!  (Read 38818 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2008, 09:54:13 PM »

I'm having one of my discouraged days I guess.  The mission sits in the heart of China Town in Seattle.  It is also the Crack Mecca of our city.  One cannot go out the front door without witnessing one and most times, several of the lost smoking the stuff or dealing it in broad daylight.  The world, (drugs, politics, murders, rapes, recession, famines, wars, street violence, homosexuality, etc) is going down so fast that I don't even know what to pray or how to pray anymore.  I try and then I'm overwhelmed and at a loss for words.  I end up just admitting that I'm selfish and just want my family members to get saved and then for the Lord to hurry up and come get us!  That makes me feel terrible because there is still so much work to be done.  We just heard that our mission budget is really hurting as is everything else because of the gas prices and whatever else which I can only blame my government for.  I know that we serve a big God and He will provide for His causes, but from a human standpoint it is so discouraging.  There's that word again.
Well, on the brighter side, I DID get to witness to a lost man while I was waiting at the bus stop today.  He said he was tired of living his dismal life.  I told him the way out and that it was there for the asking when he wanted it!
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »

Well, on the brighter side, I DID get to witness to a lost man while I was waiting at the bus stop today.  He said he was tired of living his dismal life.  I told him the way out and that it was there for the asking when he wanted it!

A ray of hope in a dark world. Even though you may not see the results yourself be assured that your work is not in vain. Keep in mind who is holding the rod and staff that comforts.

It is never selfish to want our family members to be saved. That is being concerned for their well being not just your own. On occasion we must put our priorities in line and when we do that our families do come toward the top of that list.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2008, 10:46:32 PM »

A ray of hope in a dark world. Even though you may not see the results yourself be assured that your work is not in vain. Keep in mind who is holding the rod and staff that comforts.

It is never selfish to want our family members to be saved. That is being concerned for their well being not just your own. On occasion we must put our priorities in line and when we do that our families do come toward the top of that list.

Thanks PR.  I almost cried when I read your encouragement.  Means alot.  Thank you for letting me vent and being there.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »

That's what brothers and sisters are for.  Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »

That's what brothers and sisters are for.  Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »

I'm having one of my discouraged days I guess.  The mission sits in the heart of China Town in Seattle.  It is also the Crack Mecca of our city.  One cannot go out the front door without witnessing one and most times, several of the lost smoking the stuff or dealing it in broad daylight.  The world, (drugs, politics, murders, rapes, recession, famines, wars, street violence, homosexuality, etc) is going down so fast that I don't even know what to pray or how to pray anymore.  I try and then I'm overwhelmed and at a loss for words.  I end up just admitting that I'm selfish and just want my family members to get saved and then for the Lord to hurry up and come get us!  That makes me feel terrible because there is still so much work to be done.  We just heard that our mission budget is really hurting as is everything else because of the gas prices and whatever else which I can only blame my government for.  I know that we serve a big God and He will provide for His causes, but from a human standpoint it is so discouraging.  There's that word again.
Grammyluv

Hello GrammyLuv,

I think that you're doing exactly what GOD wants you to do. There's nothing wrong at all about worrying about your friends and family members first. GOD would expect you to. You're also not Super-Human, so you have to rest sometimes and also take care of yourself. You were taking about the brighter side in being given the opportunity to witness to someone desperate. So, GOD gave you a shot in the arm pretty quickly. Smile and know that GOD never wastes HIS WORD. It never returns void. Sister, we can only do so much, and we must trust GOD for the rest. I think that all Christians are having the same problems in trying to stay positive. We see what's happening all around us, and there's only so much that we can do about it. Prayer is one of our biggest tools. We must spend daily time in feeding our own spirit. I'm convinced that generates part of our strength and prayer does the rest. If you wear yourself completely out and end up in the hospital, you won't be able to do nearly as much. So, please take care of yourself also.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 230 - James 5:7-8 Be patient therefore,
brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth
for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it,
until he receive the early and latter rain. 8 Be ye also patient;
stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »

Hello GrammyLuv,

I think that you're doing exactly what GOD wants you to do. There's nothing wrong at all about worrying about your friends and family members first. GOD would expect you to. You're also not Super-Human, so you have to rest sometimes and also take care of yourself. You were taking about the brighter side in being given the opportunity to witness to someone desperate. So, GOD gave you a shot in the arm pretty quickly. Smile and know that GOD never wastes HIS WORD. It never returns void. Sister, we can only do so much, and we must trust GOD for the rest. I think that all Christians are having the same problems in trying to stay positive. We see what's happening all around us, and there's only so much that we can do about it. Prayer is one of our biggest tools. We must spend daily time in feeding our own spirit. I'm convinced that generates part of our strength and prayer does the rest. If you wear yourself completely out and end up in the hospital, you won't be able to do nearly as much. So, please take care of yourself also.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 230 - James 5:7-8 Be patient therefore,
brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth
for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it,
until he receive the early and latter rain. 8 Be ye also patient;
stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Thank you Brother Tom.  These words were truely balm for my soul.  Thank you sooooooo much, and PR too for your encouraging thoughts and words and your understanding too.  I really needed that. 

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

I have mentioned before that I try to read a Proverb a day.  It's amazing how the Bible truly is a living thing.  What a person reads in one season or month or week and gets out of it can be quite different the next.  Today was Prov. 21 and it was packed with stuff for me.

Prov 21:1 - Just as water is turned into irrigation ditches, so the Lord directs the king's thoughts.  He turns them wherever He wants to. (The Way)

This was significant to me this morning because of the times we live in.  The Bible also says that God will harden the hearts of many and we also know that he softens the hearts of others toward Him.  Well why does He do this?  To complete His purposes.  God already knows the heart of each and every man, woman and child.  He already knows the ones that will turn to Him and those that won't.  He can use both to complete His plans.  That is what He is doing right now, with our government, the U.N. and all governments of the nations.  You can see where I'm going with this so I won't expound further.

Prov. 21:18 - The wicked will finally lose; the righteous will finally win.

Well that's self explanatory isn't it.  And so is the next:

Prov21:31 - Go ahead and prepare for the conflict, but victory comes from God.

WhooHoo!  I believe that we are totally in the "birthing pains" of these end times.  I know that for me, because the world is so painful to watch, that it is exactly what is going on.  But praise and glory to God because He and we, have already won!

And then a note in reference to how I was feeling a couple of days ago:

Prov 21:21 - The man who tries to be good, loving and kind finds life, righteousness and honor.

Did you see the word "tries"?  What a comfort.  All I have to do is "try".  God, just like our own parents, just wants us to try our best.  We won't always succeed, and maybe we hardly ever will, but all we have to do is try.  Reminds me of what Paul said also: "That that I want to do I do not do, but what I don't want to do, that I do. (my paraphase, but I think I'm pretty darn close!)  It also reminds me of that old saying that we all grew up with: "If at first you don't succeed, try try again!)  Look at how many tries we get!  Hallelujah!

Actually all of these verses fits how I was feeling the other day.  It wasn't so much that I felt bad about what I was feeling as I was feeling a bit hopeless about not knowing how to pray for this world and what is going on.  It's too big.  However these words gave me hope and encouragement this morning.  I hope that it helps someone else today too!

Peace and love,
Grammyluv  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »

Hello GrammyLuv,

Sister, I understand exactly what you're talking about. I really think that we all have our ups and downs. We just have an incredible list of wonderful blessings and promises from GOD that never go away. There will be JOY in the MORNING, and that MORNING will last forever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Famous Christian Quotes 48 - Jesus Christ is not valued at all until
He is valued above all. -- St. Augustine

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 08:20:42 PM »

Quick PR!  I am at work but I need a bible verse or verses to answer this statement:

Sadly Israel is and has been considered 'the holy land' as ordained by the pope over a millenium ago.

We all know it wasn't the POPE!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »

Zec 2:12  And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:27 PM »

Zec 2:12  And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

Thanks!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2008, 08:50:33 PM »

I hope that was quick enough.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »

I hope that was quick enough.

It was perfect.  I'm just stirring it up a little on another website and I don't have a Concordance handy!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2008, 10:37:53 PM »

I'm just stirring it up a little on another website!

Always the trouble maker huh sister.......................  Wink 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the