Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why born again?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why born again?  (Read 5497 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 01:53:51 AM »

Just as Enoch was translate out of this world.

Those who are born again and possess the Holy Spirit which raised Jesus from the dead (Rom 8:9-11) are presently translated  into the kingdom of his dear Son: and all this by FAITH in the operation of God, according to the Spirit, which dwells in us.

This is why, Jesus also said;

Jhn 10
25  I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and
they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Only His sheep know and understand these things, those that are not His sheep, cannot know them, much less possess His Holy Spirit. (Rom 8:9-11), all because they dom not believe Him.

Petro
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 08:46:53 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 07:35:53 PM »

Now for the final question: Have you been born again? The only answer you can give in the light of Jesus' statements is "no," for you are yet flesh, not spirit.

Or a definate yes if one uses the light of the Word instead of the light of wopik  Wink

Joh 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13  Which were born  not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2004, 06:54:20 AM »

Are you born again? This is one of life's most important questions. Jesus Christ said, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

These are the six great marks of a born again Christian.

No Habitual Sinning

First of all, John wrote: "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" (I John 3:9). "Whosoever is born of God sinneth not" (5:18).

A person who has been born again, or regenerated, does not habitually commit sin. He no longer sins with his heart and will and whole inclination. There was probably a time when he did not think about whether his actions were sinful or not, and he did not always feel grieved after doing evil. There was no quarrel between him and sin; they were friends. But the true Christian hates sin, flees from it, fights against it, considers it his greatest plague, resents the burden of its presence, mourns when he falls under its influence, and longs to be completely delivered from it. Sin no longer pleases him, nor is it even a matter of indifference to him; it has become a horrible thing which he hates. However, he cannot eliminate its presence within him.

If he said that he had no sin, he would be lying (I John 1:Cool. But he can say that he hates sin and that the great desire of his soul is not to commit sin at all. He cannot prevent bad thoughts from entering his mind, or shortcomings, omissions, and defects from appealing in both his words and his actions. He knows that "in many things we offend all" (James 3:2). But he can truly say, in the sight of God, that these things cause him grief and sorrow and that his whole nature does not consent to them. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Believing in Christ

Second, John wrote: "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" (I John 5:1).

A man who is born again, or regenerated, believes that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour who can pardon his soul, that He is the divine person appointed by God the Father for this very purpose, and beside Him there is no Saviour at all. In himself he sees nothing but unworthiness. But he has full confidence in Christ, and trusting in Him, he believes that his sins are all forgiven. He believes that, because he has accepted Christ's finished work and death on the cross, he is considered righteous in God's sight, and he may look forward to death and judgment without alarm.

He may have fears and doubts. He may sometimes tell you that he feels as if he had no faith at all. But ask him if he is willing to trust in anything instead of Christ, and see what he will say. Ask him if he will rest his hope of eternal life on his own goodness, his own works, his prayers, his minister, or his church, and listen to his reply.What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Practicing Righteousness

Third, John wrote: "Every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him" (I John 2:29).

The man who is born again, or regenerated, is a holy man. He endeavors to live according to God's will, to do the things that please God and to avoid the things that God hates. He wishes to continually look to Christ as his example as well as his Saviour and to prove himself to be Christ's friend by doing whatever He commands. He knows he is not perfect. He is painfully aware of his indwelling corruption. He finds an evil principle within himself that is constantly warring against grace and trying to draw him away from God. But he does not consent to it, though he cannot prevent its presence.

Though he may sometimes feel so low that he questions whether or not he is a Christian at all, he will be able to say with John Newton, "I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am." What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Loving Other Christians

Fourth, John wrote: "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren" (I John 3:14).

A man who is born again has a special love for all true disciples of Christ. Like his Father in heaven, he loves all men with a great general love, but he has a special love for those who share his faith in Christ. Like his Lord and Saviour, he loves the worst of sinners and could weep over them; but he has a peculiar love for those who are believers. He is never so much at home as when he is in their company.

He feels they are all members of the same family. They are his fellow soldiers, fighting against the same enemy. They are his fellow travelers, journeying along the same road. He understands them, and they understand him. They may be very different from himself in many ways—in rank, in station and in wealth. But that does not matter. They are his Father's sons and daughters and he cannot help loving them. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Overcoming the World

Fifth, John wrote: "Whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world" (I John 5:4).

A man who is born again does not use the world's opinion as his standard of right and wrong. He does not mind going against the world's ways, ideas and customs. What men think or say no longer concerns him. He overcomes the love of the world. He finds no pleasure in things which seem to bring happiness to most people. To him they seem foolish and unworthy of an immortal being.

He loves God's praise more than man's praise. He fears offending God more than offending man. It is unimportant to him whether he is blamed or praised; his first aim is to please God. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Keeping Oneself Pure

Sixth, John wrote: "He that is begotten of God keepeth himself' (I John 5:18).

A man who is born again is careful of his own soul. He tries not only to avoid sin but also to avoid everything which may lead to it. He is careful about the company he keeps. He knows that evil communications corrupt the heart and that evil is more catching than good, just as disease is more infectious than health. He is careful about the use of his time; his chief desire is to spend it profitable.

He desires to live like a soldier in an enemy country—to wear his armor continually and to be prepared for temptation. He is diligent to be watchful, humble, prayerful man. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

[commentary by J. C. Ryle]

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2004, 11:04:21 AM »

You might also, consider these verses, Christians ought not to handle gods word deceitfully.

1 Cor 2
2  But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The Adventist, Jehovah Witness doctrines you embrace with biblicxal teachings, expose your spiritual need.

You need to put away those thoughts and, believe the written word of God only, you need to ask Gods forgiveness and seek His mercy and grace, that you too, might receive His Spirit and understand these things, you do not understand.

So long as you deny the truth, you will not see, nor undertsand Gods Word, at all.

Don't be decived, it is clear to many you do not have a grasp of scriptural teaching.

Still praying for you....

Petro
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 08:52:05 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2004, 07:39:01 PM »

What mortal, human, FLESHLY understanding of a spiritual truth!  If you keep following that line of interpretation wopik, you will never make it into God`s kingdom, for rejecting being born again now, leaves you  unregenerated. Unless you have found another means of obtaining this "walking in newness of life?" The Bible states no other means than being born again.

Yours is a  doctrine that can only conclude that the outward hearing of the Word of God by the unregenerated man will SOMEHOW cause a  cessation of the rebellious nature of the human heart and SOMEHOW create a change in his conduct toward God.  So tell me wopik, by what means has your heart been cleansed, by whose power have you changed, by who`s power do you walk as a christian, if your not born again?

Jesus was telling Nicodemus that anyone who wants to see God must be born twice! That does not mean that you must enter a second time into your mother's womb and be born again (physically). Being born again means that the Spirit of God must remake you. A spiritual REbirth, the here and now, not at the time of death, not at the time of entrance into His Kingdom (for He said you can NOT ENTER unless your born again.)

You are Israel's teacher, and do you not understand these things?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 07:41:52 PM by Shylynne » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 11:29:44 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I wanted to tell you that a poster in this thread was banned, and his messages were deleted. He was determined to preach and spread the false doctrine of his cult. He was only one of several who came here to convert us. I give thanks for the many who patiently tried to help him over the last months, but our help fell on deaf ears. Many of his messages were getting bolder by the day, and he started direct quotes of cult material. We could not permit the lost or babes in Christ to be exposed to his lies, so his posts were deleted.

Brothers and Sisters, I love you for trying so hard and with such patience to help him.

Love In Christ,
Tom

The Crusader
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 05:50:33 AM »

What about the false teachings of RCism that is posted on Christian Unite?
RCism is as bad as JW's, Mormonism and Armstrongism.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 03:49:06 PM »

DITTO Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2004, 02:41:50 AM »

Brothers, I would strongly disagree and say there is no comparison. However, I don't plan to debate it, so we can agree to disagree.

Love In Christ,
Tom

The Crusader
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2004, 04:48:38 AM »

Brothers, I would strongly disagree and say there is no comparison. However, I don't plan to debate it, so we can agree to disagree.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Houston we have a problem. If you strongley disagree that the Cult of rome is better than  JW's, Mormonism and Armstrongism, Hail Mary Tom Cry
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 07:38:20 AM »

It's been interesting to search other forums and see the sections they have on how to deal with 'Protestants'. Lips Sealed

With time and patience, Michael has single-handedly changed the opinion of so many.  Cry

But there seems to be a big gap between what RCC'ers believe and what's in the 'official' teachings. Undecided

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2004, 09:21:58 PM »

Would someone let me know when and if this forum converts back to “Christiansunite” from the false cult teachings of Rome.  In the mean time I’ll be spending my time at sites that keep the false doctrines of the RCC in proper check. Brother Tom, you should be ashamed of yourself if after all that was posted you think the RCC cult is not that bad. I hope you have better discernment in your psychical food than you do with your spiritual food.

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
Para_Noir

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2004, 09:32:31 PM »

Pilgrim, if you understood church history you would not view the RCC as a cult, but just another group of Christians with whom you disagree on certain points.  The Roman church began with the conversion of Emperor Constantine's conversion making Christianity the official religion of the empire.  It was several hundred years later when groups split off during the Reformation and these groups protested the actions of the church, thus the name "Protestant" (you knew that but I had to say it).  There are now hundreds of different churches with different rules for salvation(accept Jesus, accept and be baptised, accept, baptised, speak in tongues, accept, total immersion baptism.....get the picture?) and every one thinks the others are false and are cults.

So, which cult do you belong to, Pilgrim?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2004, 09:42:32 PM »

Para_Noir said
Pilgrim, if you understood church history you would not view the RCC as a cult, but just another group of Christians with whom you disagree on certain points.
That's what I think.
Welcome to C-Unite Para_Noir

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2004, 12:33:25 AM »

Would someone let me know when and if this forum converts back to “Christiansunite” from the false cult teachings of Rome.  In the mean time I’ll be spending my time at sites that keep the false doctrines of the RCC in proper check. Brother Tom, you should be ashamed of yourself if after all that was posted you think the RCC cult is not that bad. I hope you have better discernment in your psychical food than you do with your spiritual food.

Pilgrim

Oklahoma Howdy to Saint Pilgrim,

Brother, you really need to think about why there is currently so much denominational doctrine on Christians Unite, especially Catholic doctrine. I can only assume that you remember why you signed so many posts as "Saint Pilgrim".

Months ago, you and several others started hunting Catholics, bashing Catholics, and making fun of Catholics openly on Christians Unite. They took the bashing pretty well for a period of time, and they finally started defending themselves.

In fact, the hate, spite, poking fun, and bashing of Catholics drew many more Catholics to Christians Unite to defend themselves.

Had the Gospel of the Grace of God been shared in Christian love, I doubt there would be much denominational material on Christians Unite, including Catholic material. So, if you want to know why there is so much denominational material on the forum now, look at yourself and others who tried to have a party kicking and bashing Catholics.

Brother, I did not take part in the Catholic bashing. In fact, I tried to stop it and asked for sharing the Gospel in Christian love all the way back to 12-19-2003. I did this publicly and privately. I will definitely accept blame for not trying harder.

I said that Catholics could not be compared to JWs, Mormons, and Armstrongites, and that is a completely true statement. JWs, Mormons, and Armstrongites all completely deny the deity of one or more of The Holy Trinity.

Brother, I share almost the identical doctrine as you do, but I disagree with how you and others singled out Catholics for public whipping, humiliation, and bashing. I thought the pot would boil over before now, but I wasn't applying the heat. Am I to feel shame because I didn't join your humiliation mob? I don't feel shame at all. I still ask for the Gospel to be shared in Christian love. However, I am only one person and have only one opinion.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the