Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:09:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Sabbath Rest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Sabbath Rest  (Read 22831 times)
John the Baptist
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2003, 08:34:48 AM »

Wreck N Sow, John here,
It is easy to see the end time saved ones are the Rev. 12:17 ones. Wink It states that the two [MATURE] character developed traits of love here as being... Keeping the commandments of **God [AND] the **Testimony of Christ.
A new thing? Hardly!

But on this 'rest' 'in' Christ. The ONLY way it benifits these ones in Rev. 12:17 is because of their RELATIONSHIP with their [MASTER]! Matt. 4:4, and perhaps the best verse is 2 Cor. 3:3! His EPISTLE! (epistle or letter are His commandments, or His CHARACTER PERSONIFIED! Isa. 42:21)

And all others? their condition is on very shaky grounds, notice! "If I had not SPOKEN unto them, they HAD NOT HAD SIN: [BUT NOW THEY HAVE NO CLOAK FOR THERE SIN.]" John 15:22. And the last part of verse 24? (think of the Rev. 12:17 commandments of God!)
"... but now have they both SEEN AND HATED MY FATHER]".

I wonder if they really know what they are doing to Christ?? Heb. 6:6. And that is done OPENLY & with FULL KNOWLEDGE!

All of [us] today, with the 'increased knowledge of the last days', the 'showers of refreshings' falling all over the world, and the spiritual agitation everywhere seen, both good & even of the bad, as of Noah's day, so that this gives [very little] hope to any of these 'STILL' Vain ones of Titus 3:9-11. (check their profession out in 2 Tim. 3:5? POWER/LESS to live a Christian life! and verse 11!!)

Had you ever seen the forth commandments 'ones' of Ex. 20 having an 'REST IN CHRIST' mentioned? Then that those ones there were mentioned as taking these other ones to church for worship with them arbitrarily? (the next paragraph ones that is!) No, because anyone can see (if they will) that it is talking about a LORD'S DAY to Worship Christ.

The stranger (per/say) or the manservant, and ones CATTLE  within thy gates has a worship 'in' Christ???
It is not very complicated what the Gen. 4:7 ones are doing! Even the 'only believe' with out any LOVING works teaching, is showing *their HOT [WORKING] 'DESIRE' for another!

These guys are coming out of the woodwork with their twisted stuff! 2 Cor. 4:2. What's New huh, the Word asks? (the Eccl. verses!) The 'd'evil knows that his time is short! Thank you Jesus!

And these Professed followers of Christ, are bringing Sunday flowers 'in' (Rom. 8:1's) worship, huh? Check Gen. 4:7 again. Oh well, there is some time perhaps left for a correction. (666 for the ignorant sincere ones) Rev. 18:4. But we see the 'others' as a repeated denomination having a closed door FIRST! 1 Peter 4:17. Matt. 25.

---John

I dunno John the Baptizer
I just believe what it says . If you dont add or subtract from the WORD, it simply says believers will keep HIS sabbath day of rest. ON the 7th day . Just as God did.

HEBREWS 4

[1] Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.[2] For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.[3] For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

[4] For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all
his works.[5] And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

[6] Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:[7] Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

[8] For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

[9] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

[10] For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11] Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Verses1-3 Those that believe do enter into rest! Dont come short of it! Have faith in the WORD!

Verse 4-5 He spoke of the 7th day of rest. Just as GOD did at the time of creation. The 7th day!

Verse 6-7 There remains some, even after so long a time, that have not entered this rest because of unbelief. True believers(without the spirit of unbelief)will enter this rest.

Verse 8 If Jesus became their rest, would HE not have spoken of another day.I know most of the newer bibles have changed the name of Jesus to Joshua. WHY? What they tryin to conceal?

Verse 9 The sabbath rest remains therefore TO THE PEOPLE OF GOD! The 1000yr period of rest has not even started. HOW CAN THAT REMAIN?

Verse 10-11 Enter into this rest (just as GOD did) .Look at verse 4! The 7th day! THE SABBATH!

Ive seen pages and pages written about above scriptures trying to explain that it doesnt really mean what it says.
Just believe what it says and enter into the rest GOD created for us. The rest that sanctifys us and sets believers apart from none believers. Happy sabbath day all.

Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2003, 12:41:50 AM »

Romans 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
John the Baptist
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2003, 08:30:30 AM »

Romans 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

No offence intended! J/t/B/ here:
Do your own thing Huh We can sin by FREEDOM of choice, either way.

But the days that you are talking about are the days behind the Temple Vail. These days ALL were done away at the death of the Master. That RENT VAIL made the way INTO THE MOST HOLY! Do you understand what IS there with our High Priest Jesus Christ?? Heb. 13:20 still calls it the EVERLASTING COVENANT. Its day had always 'everlastingly' been in existance!

Yet, still some entered in because of un/belief. Void out the forth commandment?? Wow! not me friend! 1 John 2:4 & Isa. 8:20, & then Christ's own Words of.. "IF ye love me keep my commandments".

And did the Master tell Cain that any old sacrifice would do? (any other day of worship for worship) See Gen. 4:6-7. And about JUDGING?? Or Cain being 'wroth'?? Is it you, or whoever the posts are meant for.. that are wroth?? Please be sure, that it is not me. And again 'i' say, do your own thing!  Huh

---John

PS: If you think that i am judging you, you are badly mis/taken! But your postings [message] STINKS! Cry So, if this Truth offends you, that is your judgement, not mine.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2003, 06:41:08 AM »

"And He saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

"And when He had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, He saith unto the man. Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other" (Mark 3:4,5).

Why did our Lord become angry when the Jewish leaders
refused to answer His questions? He was "grieved for the
hardness of their hearts." Their silence was not the silence
of ignorance but of willfulness. They had "watched Him
whether He would heal...on the sabbath day; that they
might accuse Him," but they could not tell Him what was
wrong about it. Indeed, when He asked them what was
wrong they refused to answer His questions.

How inconsistent! How unreasonable! How unjust! And,
as we read the context, we are amazed to find that this sul-
len, stubborn opposition came not from the Sadducees but
from the Pharisees, not the religious "liberals" but the "con-
servatives," the Bible-believers of the day!

They were the orthodox group. Nevertheless, because of
their pride and bigotry generations following have looked
down upon them and have pronounced with contempt the
name Pharisee.

Paul stood with them, doctrinally, against the Sadducees.
He said: "Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee" (Acts 23:6),
nevertheless the Pharisees had joined the Sadducees in
their opposition to him and to the glorious message he pro-
claimed. In this respect times have not changed, for those
who stand boldly for God's message and program for our
day will find themselves still opposed by Sadducees and
Pharisees alike.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
John the Baptist
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2003, 07:36:27 AM »

"And He saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

"And when He had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, He saith unto the man. Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other" (Mark 3:4,5).

name Pharisee.

Pharisees alike.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

How about simply put, "God IS LOVE"? & "IF (ye) LOVE ME keep my Commandments"? And, Acts 5:32! And, we will 'DESIRE' one or the other of Gen. 4:7 or Eph. 6:12?? Try John 12:42-43 for it not only being the Phasisees that made a Godly pretense only!!! And Christ COMMAND in Matt. 23:3!! Cry Cry (poor deludes lost souls that were PROMISED them LIBERTY as in 2 Peter 2:19. Read on through verse 22!)

And yes, the FINISHED MATURITY of SIN will bring eternal death Cry. James 1:15 or ETERNAL LIFE Smiley! But it DEPENDS on [IF] we have the FIRST HEART TRANSPLANT of the MASTER'S EPISTLE WRITTEN IN OUR MIND BY THE BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE. 2 Cor. 3:3-John 3:3. Talk will not do it!

The EPISTLE of CHRIST is the VERY CHARACTER OF THE GODHEAD! Can one do away with His CHARACTER??? Nail it to the cross, only believe it?Huh Now, who are the 'legalist'? And now who would kill if you do not believe as they?? Or is HATE not murder when finished?? See Isa. 42:21.

REST: WOW!! I am thankful that God has a ETERNAL LAW OF LIBERTY! Jms. 2:8-12 & that [HIS GRACE IS] SUFFICIENT FOR ME & that 'i' CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENETH me! HIS CHARACTER IS *FREEDOM unless one chooses the 'bondage' of will-ful dis/obedience! And yes, James 1:15 again. And yes, again, LORD I DO LOVE YOU! But is it the FATAL LOVE of Rev. 3:16-17?

---John

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2003, 07:56:30 AM »

name Pharisee.

Pharisees alike.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

How about simply put, "God IS LOVE"? & "IF (ye) LOVE ME keep my Commandments"? And, Acts 5:32! And, we will 'DESIRE' one or the other of Gen. 4:7 or Eph. 6:12?? Try John 12:42-43 for it not only being the Phasisees that made a Godly pretense only!!! And Christ COMMAND in Matt. 23:3!! Cry Cry (poor deludes lost souls that were PROMISED them LIBERTY as in 2 Peter 2:19. Read on through verse 22!)

And yes, the FINISHED MATURITY of SIN will bring eternal death Cry. James 1:15 or ETERNAL LIFE Smiley! But it DEPENDS on [IF] we have the FIRST HEART TRANSPLANT of the MASTER'S EPISTLE WRITTEN IN OUR MIND BY THE BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE. 2 Cor. 3:3-John 3:3. Talk will not do it!

The EPISTLE of CHRIST is the VERY CHARACTER OF THE GODHEAD! Can one do away with His CHARACTER??? Nail it to the cross, only believe it?Huh Now, who are the 'legalist'? And now who would kill if you do not believe as they?? Or is HATE not murder when finished?? See Isa. 42:21.

REST: WOW!! I am thankful that God has a ETERNAL LAW OF LIBERTY! Jms. 2:8-12 & that [HIS GRACE IS] SUFFICIENT FOR ME & that 'i' CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENETH me! HIS CHARACTER IS *FREEDOM unless one chooses the 'bondage' of will-ful dis/obedience! And yes, James 1:15 again. And yes, again, LORD I DO LOVE YOU! But is it the FATAL LOVE of Rev. 3:16-17?

---John

No, How about

name Pharisee.

Pharisees alike.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

P.S.

In this respect times have not changed, for those
Pharisees alike.

<Smiley))><
John the Baptist
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2003, 08:12:18 AM »

(removed)

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

---John

(removed)

Me again, just wondering, did you read [any] of the verses???
John 12:42-43?? And was [the Pharisee] Nicodemus the only one that [MUST BE BORN AGAIN]??

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2003, 08:19:52 AM »

Morning Brolove
Im not sure what your trying to say? But the sabbath was made by Jesus. HE said HE was Lord over that day. HE said that the sabbath was made for man. But the religious leaders of those times added more to the sabbath commandment then GOD did with the original commandment. Jesus was without sin and HE(even according you to sunday go to meeting guys) was under the the commandments. The sabbath day was sanctified by God. Man cannot sanctify another day. Worship HIM through the commandments and doctrines of man and you worship HIM in vain.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2003, 08:55:34 AM »

Just some stuff about gates

LUKE 13  [23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,[24] Strive to
enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.[27] But he shall say,I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. WHY?

MATT.7  [13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Strait gate-leads to life (few that find it? Isnt  Christianity the biggest religion in the world?)

REV.22   [14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may
enter in through the gates into the city.

Enter in through the gates-tree of life- into the city-that do his commandments

JER.17   [24] And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto me, saith the LORD, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but hallow the sabbath day, to do no work therein;[25] Then
shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots
and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and this city shall remain for ever.

Sabbath-Enter in through the gates-no burden-this city shall remain FOR EVER

MATT.11 [28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.[29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.[30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I will give you rest - my burden is light

In the new testament Jesus said HE was LORD of the sabbath day of rest. He also said the sabbath was made
by GOD for man. My question is who made Sunday the day of rest? And who is lord over that day?

EZEK.46  [1] Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

Seems that (according to scripture) theres only 1 day of the week(and new moon,still not sure what that means)you can enter the gate.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2003, 12:51:36 PM »

Thank You Jesus

AMEN! Raphu

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2003, 09:29:51 PM »

The religious system sure is impressive. They have a form (appearance) of godliness. But even though they are "ever learning," they are "never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (II Timothy 3:7).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2003, 10:55:19 PM »

Just a little somethin extra to show how great the WORD is! There are only 2 places in the KJV were the words
(moreover also) can be found

EZEK.20  [12] Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them

ACTS 2 [26] Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

If you will notice in ACTS 2 the WORD says “my flesh shall rest in hope”. Just as GODS 4th commandment reads.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2003, 06:05:38 AM »

The religious system sure is impressive. They have a form (appearance) of godliness. But even though they are "ever learning," they are "never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (II Timothy 3:7).

How True

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2003, 01:24:00 AM »

The things that have come to pass concerning Gods sabbath are spoken of in the scriptures. Warnings in the the new
testament about roaring lions,ravenous wolves.

1 PETER 5[8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking
whom  he may devour:

the devil - a roaring lion- devouring

MATT.7 [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that
find it.[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Beware of false prophets - They are ravening wolves

ACTS 20 [29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

More wolves

EPH.4 [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in
the vanity of their mind,[18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:[19] Who being past feeling have given
themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

Vanity - Clean and unclean - greed

EZEK.22 [23] And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,[24] Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation.[25] There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.[26] Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.[27] Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.[28] And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken

Is this the system you 2 are speaking of (BRO & Ambassador)
roaring lions - ravening wolves - conspiracy of her prophets - violated MY law - to get dishonest gain -
devoured souls - vanity - uncleanness
HID THEIR EYES FROM MY SABBATHS    
the day of indignation is THE DAY OF THE LORD!

Again i wanna say, if something is being said in scripture on The Day of the Lord, thats the bottom line. We all have one goal. The WORD says seek and ye shall find.  The WORD also says if you follow a prophet you will recieve that prophets reward. Dont be decieved.

ZEPH.3  Verses1-8 If you wish to read more on these people
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2003, 11:30:11 AM »

RAPHU posted this scripture

John the Baptist(or anyone)All these scriptures the sunday go to meetin guys send to explain away Gods sabbath, ive found scriptures to prove their points not true except the above. By no means do i believe this scripture to say the 4th commandment of God has been done away with. If God had done that HE would of course come right out and say it in the scriptures. I have found scriptures speaking of eating and drinking things on specific holy days, but i believe we are to still keep Gods holy days.They were givin by ordinance. And the new testament is clear that it was the law contained in these ordinances that Jesus fulfilled. Anyways, has anyone found scripture that would explain the scripture Raphu sent?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the