Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:01:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I, Me, Mine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I, Me, Mine  (Read 803 times)
Layman Bairn

Christ who is our life

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2005, 11:52:01 PM »

I’m posting a little study regarding something I’ve been trying to sort out. It could very likely be weeds in my propeller, but I enjoyed it enough to share.

I’ve been intrigued for a while, about what appear to be distinctions between pronouns in some verses. For instance, I am crucified…. nevertheless I live…. yet, not I. It often seems to me that we are immersed in and under the influence of all Christ’s finished works simultaneously.(a.) We are baptized into His death, (b.) His Spirit empowers us to walk as He walked, to suffer and serve with Him, we are being changed into His likeness from glory to glory and (c.) we have been made to sit in heavenly places and have been glorified.

It’s kind of interesting (at least to me) to break down the pronouns in a couple of these verses according to a little table I’ve tried to work out here:

I‘ve used three categories for all the different pronouns, I, me, ye, you, your, our, etc.

(a). The me that was born in Adam. The flesh. (For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners…..) Rom 5:19a.

(b). The me that is born in Christ. The new creation. The me being changed from glory to glory and being brought to glory. The me in the realm of time.  (…so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. ) Rom 5:19b.

(c). The me hidden in Christ. The me who shall appear when He appears. The me who has been made to sit in heavenly places.
On the one hand we are being changed from glory to glory, on the other hand we have been glorified. (past tense)   (Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.) Rom 8:30  

So I’ve taken some verses and added an (a), (b) or (c)  to the pronouns. Here is a couple. This has helped me to be clearer about some things that have seemed a little cryptic to me:

Gal 2:20
I(a)    am crucified with Christ: nevertheless   I(b)      live; yet not I (a or b),  but Christ liveth in me(b):     and the life which   I(b)    now live in the flesh    I(b)  live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me(c), and gave himself for me(c).

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye(a)      are dead, and your(c) life      is hid with Christ in God.
4. When Christ,      who is our(b) life      , shall appear, then shall ye(c)  also appear with him in glory.

You(b) get the gist I’m(b) sure. Smiley

Agape

Bairn

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4.When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the