Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How can we be His Hands and Feet?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How can we be His Hands and Feet?  (Read 953 times)
MalkyEL

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2004, 09:47:04 PM »

I am currently writing to several prisoners on death row.  I am hooked up through Christian Pen Pals, who need people to write to, and encourage those incarcerated.  If you are interested, the link is below.

I am in immediate need of material to send them - Bibles, study material, correspondence courses, that kind of thing.  I have been given some good resources, which will help me immensely [thank you, Tom!], but I am trying to build up a good foundation of material so that I can individualize it.  There is such a wide range of need.  I have one guy who is Cuban and is struggling with his English a bit, so anything too deep is useless for him, something in Spanish would be excellent.  On the other hand, I have a couple of guys who would excel if given a challenge.

Anyone have ideas or resources I can tap into?  Thanks!!!

Love and Shalom in Messiah,
Nancy

CPP:  http://www.christian-penpals.com/

CPP email addy for information: cppnews@hotmail.com

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 10:03:59 PM »

http://free-christian.com/

that site has free Christian materials - some online and some can be sent to you, or to the people you write to, like CDs, books, posters, all sorts really.

also, http://www.fishthe.net has lots of resources about evangelism and links to evangelistic websites, which you could print out and send? there should be spanish ones in there I'd imagine.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 11:26:22 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to MalkyEL,

Sister, may God richly bless you in your efforts and ministry.

I lost my connection to Christians Unite while trying to send you a private mail on this subject, so I don't know if you got it or not. Could you give us an idea about how many Bibles you need in each language (i.e. English, Spanish). I would like to buy the Bibles for them if the number isn't too great. If it is more than I can handle, I'll find a way to get it done.

I will also be looking for materials and praying for your ministry.

Love In Christ,
Tom

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 11:33:55 AM »

Thanks, Tom for your generous offer to provide Bibles for my friends!  I am so thankful that God has moved your heart to do this  Smiley.

I have one request for a Bible currently. Two of the guys [my Cuban friend has a Spanish Bible], have Bibles and I am slowly getting the information from the others.

Right now, I know there are some Bibles available at:
http://chrlitworld.com/.  They have the new Modern King James Version in stock as seconds for $20 each.  I just got one from there - it is a $60 Bible reg price.  It has a leather cover, gold edges and all the words of God, OT and NT, in red.  I cannot tell the difference from a reg one.  The print size is excellent and easy to read.  The Bible is really cool, because it is based on the KJV without all the thees and thous and has updated the words to more modern English without departing from the intent of the text as the modern versions have done.  The webpage that comes up gives you an 800 number call to order - you cannot order the seconds online.  

The Bibles sent to guys on death row have to come from a business/bookstore with zero information in the box - no receipts, no catalouge, so if you choose to order one, you need to specify this information.  You cannot enclose anything but the Bible, not even a note of any kind.  There must be absolutely no invoice attached to the box either - it has to be a straight send with only the prisioner address and the return address of the company or bookstore on the box.  Some prisons are more lenient, but it is frustrating to have these items returned because someone in the mail room takes the rules and plays a hard line with them.  It happens all the time - just tying to save double postage and resend hassle!

If you have your own source for Bibles, this is cool. Personally, I am cautious about versions - far too much controversy and distance from God's intent, imho - many verses are missing and the Deity of Jesus is damaged in most of them.  Again, I understand ones personal views on this - just thinking outloud on paper  Grin.

Thanks, broken, for the websites!  Cool!  I will take this opportunity to say that what these guys can receive is extremely limited.  Posters, CD's, tapes, gifts, and personal items are not allowed.  Sometimes even internet material is rejected and I have to cut that off when I print off material. Every prison has different rules.  Receiving stamps, envelopes and writing paper is also varied dependent on the correctional facility.  Thankfully, after a year and half of messing around within the system I am getting a handle on it!

Thanks, again, for your help and support!

Love and Shalom,
Nancy

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 09:31:10 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to MalkyEL,

Thanks very much for the information. I can handle one or two at a time. I just didn't know what I would do if you said 20. Please send me the name, address, and language each time you have a request, and consider it done. I have an outstanding Christian Store where I do all of my business.

I only have two other questions:

1 - Will they allow the prisoner's name to be engraved on the cover?

2 - Will they allow a leather zip-up protective cover for the Bible?

Feel free to use a Private Message here or my regular Email:

blkidps@sirinet.net

Thanks for telling us about these needs. It makes me very happy to help.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the