Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How a person knows that God is there. The proof.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How a person knows that God is there. The proof.  (Read 2793 times)
Krazeekkc

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2003, 06:50:59 PM »

Alot of people don't believe in God because they say there is no proof, that the Bible is just a book. Just like alot of people don't believe in evolution because they say it's just a theory.

Well, there is proof that God is real. When most people who become saved they feel way different because they have the Holy Ghost enter into them. Also some people can see the change in them. But there is even more proof, the power of prayer. Alot of miracles from God come from prayer. When I get really bad stomach aches I pray and the second I'm done praying the ache imediatetly stops. There is no "luck" that that would just happen. There are millions of more miracles that aren't just "luck." There is alot of proof that God is real.

But, where is the proof that evolution is real? There isn't any. It was just one guys theory.
sniperspy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 12:27:22 AM »

First, I would like to point out that I am playing devil's advocate her, I do believe in Christ, I am just giving a point of view.

With that said, I must say I truly do believe in evolution, and creationism at the same time. Evolution has plenty of evidence, from fossils of creatures thousands of years old, to the tail bone on humans. For instance, if humnas were simply created at the exact same time as dinosaurs, there would be human fossils right next to the dinosaur ones. How can certain species not have fossil records until 100 years ago, while others have records from thousands to millions of years without some form of evolution.

I think, that time flows much differently for God than it does for us. For example, he created the world in 6 days, but several million years passed here on Earth. It is difficult to comprehend, but God is beyond our comprehension, and we must leave some things to faith!
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 12:52:34 AM »

Evolution has been divided into two camps, Micro, and Macro-Evolution.

Macro Evolution, does not prove anything that can be credited towards God the creator, if anything it, denys the Biblical teaching for the creation by a Creator.

The reason for this is because those who believe in evolution (macro evolution) depend on death being a part of the creation from the begining (with millions of years between the creation of dinosaures and man), while the Bible clearly teaches, death entered in as the result of Adams sin. (Rom 5:12)

As for living proof, that there is a God, not only is  evident thru the observance of His childrens testimony and lives, but the nation of Israel, and its history.

He has made them the gazing stock of the world.

Petro

sniperspy
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 01:04:10 AM »

As for more ways that prove God exists, look at the Bible. How many of its predictions have come true already? quite a few I believe!
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 04:23:46 AM »

Evolution has been divided into two camps, Micro, and Macro-Evolution.

Macro Evolution, does not prove anything that can be credited towards God the creator, if anything it, denys the Biblical teaching for the creation by a Creator.

The reason for this is because those who believe in evolution (macro evolution) depend on death being a part of the creation from the begining (with millions of years between the creation of dinosaures and man), while the Bible clearly teaches, death entered in as the result of Adams sin. (Rom 5:12)
Only if you insist in a childishly simple reading of the passages concerned.

He has made them the gazing stock of the world.
I read that as "grazing stock", which brought to mind entirely the wrong picture.  Smiley

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Krazeekkc

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 01:09:07 PM »

No one else is going to saying anything else about it?
smartinez1984

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 02:44:29 PM »

Hmmm.... seems to me (from reading the previous replies) that proof, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. One would think that if there were TRUE proof, one way or the other, then there would be no choice but to believe the proof. A basketball is round because you can feel it, see it, etc. (course, someone may deny that as well, right? Smiley )

Proof, as in the case of the stomach pain going away, is proof to he who experiences both the pain and the absence of said pain after prayer.

In the end, does it matter? I, like so many others, don't require so much proof to believe, in faith, that God exists. My mother is blind, has been blind for 20 years, the result of her desire not to visit doctors because she had faith that God would heal her. I have prosthetic middle-ear bones in both ears and only one ear drum, again the result of my parents believing only in faith healing and failing to get me to doctors in time to fix what would have been minor ear infections.

It took me many years to get over the anger and disgust because God did not heal me or my mother. Does that mean that God doesn't exist? I thought so...

Then I realized that believing in God simply because he performs miracles, or because he CAN perform miracles, is not what I should do. I now choose to believe in God despite the lack of miracles, the lack of (or sometimes in spite of) proof, etc.

I choose to believe in God as a personal choice simply because he is God. Once I believe in God then I begin to believe that he is responsible for humanity, creation, etc.

God Bless,

-Samson
apostolicsista

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 01:09:36 PM »

I have proof everyday that God is with me. Every new day that I arise, he's with me. I feel his quicken power with in me. I speak to Him and He sometimes speaks to me. I know He's with me. I know that He is in me. There is no doubt in my mind that God/Jesus is in me. I can feel Him. When I recieved the Holy Ghost speaking in other tongues that was my evidence that God was in me, when He spoke through me.
joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 01:40:07 PM »

As was said before, Proof is in the eye of the beholder.
   I believe that the most proof we have of our Wonderful God is the Book that He left us to study.
  If a person stops to think about the age of the Bible, how many generations have passed since it was begun, how many different people have written it, and the prophesies that it has given that have come true , well, I consider that a miracle in itself! How many times people have tried to eradicate it.  Yet it is HERE!!!!
    God is in your heart, His spirit testifies to your spirit... the feeling of peace and joy that come when He makes Himself known to you in the quiet of your prayer time.... in the songs and hymns of your heart!
    Blessed is He that believes and has not seen!!!!

Joy

Love in Him,  Joy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 02:22:45 PM »

Hmmm.... seems to me (from reading the previous replies) that proof, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. One would think that if there were TRUE proof, one way or the other, then there would be no choice but to believe the proof. A basketball is round because you can feel it, see it, etc. (course, someone may deny that as well, right? Smiley )

Oklahoma Howdy to Smartinez1984,

You are right, the absolute PROOF of God's existence is in the heart of each believer. I enjoyed your post, and I'm glad that you realize that God isn't responsible for your physical problems. I have physical problems also, and they brought me closer to MY LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.

In Christ,
Tom

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 03:58:41 PM »

There is more proof that Christ existed and is telling the truth than any other historical figure. But if people believed it then they would have to admit they fall short of the glory of God. There's the rub.
eyeball

metalic rabid canine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2003, 07:24:24 PM »

As for more ways that prove God exists, look at the Bible. How many of its predictions have come true already? quite a few I believe!

Care to elaborate on some of the more specific ones. Remember, they need to have truth today, not centuries ago. In other words, if the Bible said we have a second moon which will explode, and a later verse says "see, the second moon just exploded, now we only have one". That would not be proof of a true prediction, because the only proof is itself.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2003, 09:05:22 PM »

I don't know what books you consider proof of anything. You must not believe any history books if you don't believe the bible. If you do believe history books then you have chosen to believe imperfect fallible minds in which case, why wouldn't you believe the bible?
eyeball

metalic rabid canine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2003, 09:22:18 PM »

I don't know what books you consider proof of anything. You must not believe any history books if you don't believe the bible. If you do believe history books then you have chosen to believe imperfect fallible minds in which case, why wouldn't you believe the bible?

Because history books don't speak of talking asses, people surviving being eaten and consumed by fire. No unicorns or dragons, unless stated as myth.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2003, 10:07:34 PM »

You must not have had any miracles in your life or you would know that many, many things that at one time seemed impossible have happened. Life was different thousands of years ago. The atmosphere was differet. There was less polution  and disease and people lived longer. There were HUGE dinosaurs for which, if archeologists hadn't found bones, people would find that unbelievable. Life itself is a miracle, in fact, such a miracle that scientists spend their lives trying to understand, not only how it works, but how it was created. They still change their minds every decade. Since I have opened my eyes and seen far beyond my narrow experiences in life, i find that anything's possible.  Many people believe in aliens and there has been less evidence that aliens exist than God exists.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the