Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:15:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286812 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Today's Verse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Verse  (Read 35951 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 07, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »

1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

— 1 Thessalonians 4:7-8 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

The call to holiness is easy to ignore in a world which lives by much different standards. Satan gets us to compare our lifestyle with those around us, deluding us into devaluing our sins in comparison to others. But the issue is not comparison shopping our sin; the issue is a thankful heart that has been cleansed by the Holy Spirit and saved by grace. Ignoring, or toning down, the Spirit's call for holiness is rejecting God. Let's be passionate about holiness in our lives, both because it is what God wants and also because it is what we should seek.

My Prayer...

Father, forgive me for trying to water down the significance of my sin. Use your Spirit to kindle in me a passion for holiness and please empower me to live in a way which honors you for all that you have done to save me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 08, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »

James 4:7-8
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

- James 4:7-8 (NIV)

James always packs a lot into a small space. Let's focus on the center of this call to holiness: let's draw ourselves closer to God. When we come into God's presence and draw close to him, we know our thoughts, our motives, and our behaviors will be seen for what they are in the light of his holiness and righteousness. At the same time, we know that the devil is forced out by the radiance of our Father's holy life. Let's seek after God. Let's long to draw near to him. Let's ask him to cleanse us and make us wholly his and make us completely holy!

My Prayer...

Righteous Father, thank you for your love and forgiveness. Now, dear Father, help me as I seek to draw closer to you and as I seek to know you better. Purify my heart of any duplicity or secret sin. Cleanse my conscience and empower me to be an example of your grace and holiness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »

Philippians 4:9
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

— Philippians 4:9 (NIV)

I don't know about you, but I truly hope that my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be able to make to those we lead, whether it is in the classroom, in our families, at work, or at church.

My Prayer...

Almighty and Most High God, please bless me with the integrity that comes when my convictions, my words, and my actions are consistent and righteous. In Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 10, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

1 John 4:10
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

— 1 John 4:10 (NIV)

Love is demonstrated, not just said. Love goes ahead sharing itself instead of waiting until things are easy or safe. Love redeems when all hope seems lost. Love is not only what God is, but it is also what he does and what he gives.

My Prayer...

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father, for loving me so extravagantly. Please help me to see the opportunities to love others whom you place in my path everyday. Use me to demonstrate your love to someone today and each day that follows. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 12, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

— 1 Timothy 4:12 (NIV)

The idealistic passions of youth must not be rationalized away or patronizingly pushed to the side. If you are younger, you are not only part of the church of tomorrow, you are also God's servant today. Serve him mightily and be an example to those who are older! If you are older, don't look down on the enthusiasm of youth, but encourage it and be inspired to emulate it! Let's remember, some of our best examples are those who are younger who serve our Lord with a vibrant faith!

My Prayer...

Father, thank you so much for energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate Christians who are in the younger years of their adulthood. Empower their witness, bless their service, and keep their hearts pure as they grow and mature in your service. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 12, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

— 1 Peter 4:11 (NIV)

We are given gifts to use in God's Kingdom for two reasons: 1) to bring glory to God, and, 2) to bless others. Whether we serve or speak, we are to do so with these two goals in mind, knowing that God will supply the strength to do what he has gifted us to do.

My Prayer...

Holy Father, thank you for not just saving me, but for also giving me abilities to use to bless your people and honor you. Help me see the ways you want me to use my gifts today, and every day that follows, to bless others. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 13, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

— Philippians 4:13 (NIV)

I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences that I have allowed into my life. Could I honor God with my praises and thanksgivings if these conveniences were to suddenly vanish? I hope so. I want to be like Paul and live with the assurance that I can withstand any situation with the help of Christ.

My Prayer...

O God, without you my strength would fade and my confidence would fail. Thankfully I will never have to worry about this because your grace, your Spirit, and your Son will strengthen me and help me weather any storm. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 14, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »

1 Thessalonians 4:14
We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

— 1 Thessalonians 4:14 (NIV)

As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can believe two things because of Jesus' resurrection: 1) that Jesus will return in glorious victory for those who have believed in him, and 2) that we will be with those we love who have fallen asleep in Christ when Jesus comes again.

My Prayer...

Holy and Almighty Father, thank you for raising Jesus from the dead and giving me the assurance of eternal life with you, and with those I love who have already passed from this life into death. I look forward to the day Jesus returns in glory, with the angels of heaven, and brings complete victory over death. Thank you in Jesus' name. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 15, 2012, 03:37:38 PM »

1 Timothy 4:15-16
Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

— 1 Timothy 4:15-16 (NIV)

"Be diligent!" That's not a phrase you hear much about these days. We want things to come easily. Sweat in the world of pseudo-faith is frowned upon. But, Paul wanted Timothy (and us) to know that maturity in Christ requires genuine effort. Having a redemptive influence on others is hard work. While it is God's power that transforms, our effort is also required. God gives us the assurance that this effort will not only bear fruit in our own lives, but it will also lead others to salvation as well.

My Prayer...

Abba Father, please stir my confidence, courage, diligence, and determination so that the salvation you have blessed me with can be shared with others because of my life, my teaching, and my example. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »

Ephesians 4:16
From him [Christ] the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

— Ephesians 4:16 (NIV)

Ephesians and Colossians emphasize that no human being, or even group of human beings, is head of the Church. Jesus is head of the Church. He sets our direction. He is our example. He is our goal for ministry. In addition, Jesus also arranges us in his Body as he chooses, gives us gifts to use to bless each other and God, and holds us together so that we can effectively serve as his presence in the world. So let's set our hearts on Jesus. Let's use his life and love to inspire us and show us how to serve. Let's give him our allegiance and loyalty. He alone is head of his Body, the Church. Let's let him lead!

My Prayer...

Righteous Father, thank you for Jesus. Thank you for his example, service, obedience, love, and sacrifice. Thank you for his resurrection, exaltation, power, and presence today in your Church and in my life. Father, please use me, and my brothers and sisters in Christ with me, to do his work in our world and share your grace with all who are lost. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 17, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »

James 4:17
Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

— James 4:17 (NIV)

Jesus taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). Our Lord made it clear that to neglect to do a good deed for another in need, even if we had a religious excuse for not doing it, was to do evil. Let's be a people known for doing good deeds and sharing kindness. Let's not let any excuse, especially a religious excuse, interfere with our glorious and holy opportunities to serve others in the name of Jesus.

My Prayer...

Dear Father, please use me today to bless someone in need so that they may know your grace and so that Jesus, your Son and my Savior, will be glorified. In Jesus' sweet and precious name I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 19, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »

Galatians 4:19
My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you...

— Galatians 4:19 (NIV)

What was Paul's goal for the new Christians he worked with? He wanted them to come to full maturity in Christ (see Colossians 1:28-29). He knew the Holy Spirit would help them in this process if they would focus their hearts on Jesus and seek to reflect Jesus' character in their lives (2 Corinthians 3:18 ). So as we go through our daily activities, let's honor his goal -- let's let Jesus come to life in us.

My Prayer...

Holy and Righteous God, may the presence of Jesus increase in my attitude, behavior, and speech and may what is worldly and warped decrease. May this be true today, but even more, dear Father, may it be more clearly seen each day. In the name of my Savior and goal, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 19, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

— 1 John 4:18 (NIV)

Do you remember what Jesus said when he came walking on the water to his disciples during the storm? He literally told them, "Do not fear, I Am." In the presence of the holy and awesome Son of God, we don't have to be afraid. God's grace to us in Jesus takes away our need for fear because Jesus' sacrifice makes us holy, without fault, and free from any charge against us (Colossians 1:21-22). Our response? Love! We love our Father for who he is, for what he has done, for his great sacrifice for us, and most of all, for making us holy and taking away our fear.

My Prayer...

Dear Father in heaven, you are holy, awesome, and glorious. These are things I could never be without your grace, yet you have chosen to give me these blessings through the sacrifice of your Son Jesus. Thank you. I love you. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 20, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »

Philippians 4:20
To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

— Philippians 4:20 (NIV)

When was the last time that you prayed and didn't request things from God and you simply thanked and praised him? Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for anything; just praise and thank the Father! Praise him for who he is, what he has done, and what he is going to do! Thank him for blessing you, saving you, and bringing you into his glory! Let today be a day of thanks and praise.

My Prayer...

You are worthy, dear Father, of every word of praise my imagination can find and every word of thanks my tongue can pronounce. You are glorious, majestic, holy, mighty, and awesome. You are patient, forgiving, sacrificial, loving, and tender. You are more than I can imagine and closer than my very breath. Your greatness exhausts my vocabulary and your generosity overwhelms my heart. Please be glorified in my every thought, deed, and word. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 21, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »

1 John 4:21
And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

— 1 John 4:21 (NIV)

Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our kinfolks in the Lord are just down right hard to love because they can be so difficult. But, we need to remember who we were when Christ died for us -- powerless, ungodly, sinners, enemies (Romans 5:6-11) -- yet God loved us and sent Jesus to save us. So before we whine about our "hard-to-live-with" fellow Christians, we had better give thanks that God loved us when we were sinners. Then we need to thank God for his grace by being more loving with each other.

My Prayer...

Almighty God, please give me the strength, compassion, and courage to love my fellow Christians as you have loved me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the