Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:04:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Am I in the wrong?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I in the wrong?  (Read 4608 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

In another forum I did a topic on Jesus is God. It is blackeyedpeas three part study found in "is Jesus God - part one".

Now people are saying that I am being intolerant and critical. I said that people that say Jesus isn't God are guilty of blasphemy and not really a Christian.

I just wanted them to see the truth and accept Jesus.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »

No, brother, you are not wrong. The terms "intolerant and critical" are consistently being used by those that reject the truth of Jesus Christ.. It is the liberal means of attempting to shut down anyone that wants to tell the truth. Jesus Christ is very God and He is "the way, the truth, and the life".

Many will reject this in the name of "political correctness" and in supposed "tolerance" towards others beliefs all the while being intolerant themselves.

Brother David, Is it wrong to attempt to stop a blind person from walking in front of a speeding bus or off of a cliff? This is exactly what we are doing in telling them the truth.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »

In another forum I did a topic on Jesus is God. It is blackeyedpeas three part study found in "is Jesus God - part one".

Now people are saying that I am being intolerant and critical. I said that people that say Jesus isn't God are guilty of blasphemy and not really a Christian.

You are not wrong brother David, satan is working this world for all he can get. Those that say they are Christian, and reject the truth of Jesus Christ are in for a big surprise one day. You think people dislike the Word now, it's going to get worse. The Bible tells us, "Love will grow cold."

Matthew 24:11-13 And many false prophets will rise up and deceive and lead many into error. 12 And the love of the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity, 13 But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Brother you are doing as you should be doing. Spreading the Word of God, is one challenge none of us can shrink away from.

Brother David, Is it wrong to attempt to stop a blind person from walking in front of a speeding bus or off of a cliff? This is exactly what we are doing in telling them the truth.

AMEN!!

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:23:43 PM »

Thank you, I have another question though. How do I respond when people ask "what makes your interpretation right?"

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 03:28:11 PM »

It isn't my interpretation. Scriptures are quite clear on this subject and any pother interpretation is simply ignoring the truth.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is also very God. The thread you mentioned above gives many scriptures that proves just that.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 04:21:17 PM »

You're definitely not wrong. Anyone who denies that Jesus is God can't possibly know God. Jesus said, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." and "I and my Father are one."

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 09:51:21 PM »

Hello Brother David,

I'm sorry to be so late in replying to this. I've been down quite a bit the last several days with illness.

Brother David, the entire Bible from cover to cover testifies of the HOLY TRINITY:  GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - yet the three being ONE - ALMIGHTY GOD.

There is nothing intolerant at all about stating the absolute beginning basics for Christianity and SALVATION! Islam knows that there was a man named JESUS CHRIST, but they deny that HE was VERY GOD made manifest in the flesh. Many other lost people recognize JESUS CHRIST as just a messenger, just a prophet, just a great man, just a great preacher, or just anything other than ALMIGHTY GOD! Many completely false religions blaspheme HIS HOLY NAME in a large number of ways:

1 - He was a created being. NO - HE IS THE CREATOR!

2 - He is the brother of Lucifer. NO - HE MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT!

Brother it gets worse from there with all kinds of wild claims that are the worst kind of blasphemy, including lies that the power HE used for the signs, wonders, and miracles were from the devil.

Brother David, the three threads that were mentioned are really just the beginning of OVEWHELMING PROOF THAT JESUS CHRIST WAS AND IS VERY GOD - ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR! The HOLY TRINITY is an UNQUESTIONED BIBLE FACT! There is no debate on this matter at all by Christians. GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE THE ETERNAL GODHEAD - THREE DISTINCT MANIFESTATIONS OF ALMIGHTY GOD who have been ONE for Eternity Past and WILL BE ONE for Eternity Future. Questions:

1 - Can the members of the GODHEAD act separately? YES - THEY can and have!

2 - Can GOD THE SON talk to or pray to GOD THE FATHER? YES - HE can and did!

3 - Can mankind understand the FULL MIGHT, MAJESTY, POWER, AND WAYS OF THE HOLY TRINITY? NO - absolutely not! Many of ALMIGHTY GOD'S WAYS are past finding out by mankind.

4 - Are GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT THE CREATOR? YES - THEY ARE!

5 - Are GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT distinct and unique - YET ONE? YES - THEY ARE! No MEMBER of the HOLY TRINITY (GODHEAD) has a beginning or and ending! THEY ARE THE GREAT "I AM" - ALMIGHTY GOD ETERNAL!

Brother David, I'm glad that you mentioned this. I hope that many people will read it. We are being kind and loving by telling the TRUTH about ALMIGHTY GOD! We would be CRUEL and UNLOVING to withhold this PRECIOUS TRUTH!

Brother David, the quickest ways to identify a FALSE RELIGION OR FALSE CULT is:

1 - DENIAL THAT JESUS CHRIST IS GOD AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN!

2 - ANY DENIAL OF GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, OR GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - THE HOLY TRINITY - THE GODHEAD!

Bluntly, ALMIGHTY GOD IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT! Any denial of this is denial of ALMIGHTY GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Please See Next Posts

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »

HOLY TRINITY - KING JAMES VERSION

1 John 5:4-13  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life: and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

HOLY TRINITY - AMPLIFIED VERSION

1 John 5:4-13  For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith. Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]? This is He Who came by (with) water and blood [His baptism and His death], Jesus Christ (the Messiah)--not by (in) the water only, but by (in) the water and the blood. And it is the [Holy] Spirit Who bears witness, because the [Holy] Spirit is the Truth. So there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One; and there are three witnesses on the earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree [are in unison; their testimony coincides]. If we accept [as we do] the testimony of men [if we are willing to take human authority], the testimony of God is greater (of stronger authority), for this is the testimony of God, even the witness which He has borne regarding His Son. He who believes in the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] has the testimony [possesses this divine attestation] within himself. He who does not believe God [in this way] has made Him out to be and represented Him as a liar, because he has not believed (put his faith in, adhered to, and relied on) the evidence (the testimony) that God has borne regarding His Son. And this is that testimony (that evidence): God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who possesses the Son has that life; he who does not possess the Son of God does not have that life. I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God [in the peculiar services and blessings conferred by Him on men], so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »

CHRISTIANS UNITE FORUM LINKS

Is JESUS CHRIST GOD - Part One
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=2397.0

Is JESUS CHRIST GOD - Part Two
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=6495.0

HOLY TRINITY - KING JAMES VERSION

John 1:1-5  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

HOLY TRINITY - AMPLIFIED VERSION

John 1:1-5  IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. [Isa. 9:6.] He was present originally with God. All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being. In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men. And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it].

armorbearer

Jer. 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 10:21:30 PM »

5 - Are GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT distinct and unique - YET ONE? YES - THEY ARE! No MEMBER of the HOLY TRINITY (GODHEAD) has a beginning or and ending! THEY ARE THE GREAT "I AM" - ALMIGHTY GOD ETERNAL![/color][/b]

I believe this to be true that Jesus is  GOD the SON.    
  But would it be correct to say that Jesus is God without saying God the Son and without including GOD the Father and GOD the Holy Spirit.      Another way to put it would be this:  Could I go up to someone for the purpose of witnessing to them and say that Jesus is GOD and He died on the cross for your sins!   Would this be correct? 

23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
         You hold me by my right hand.
 24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
     And afterward receive me to glory.
 25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
    And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
            Psalm 73: 23-25
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 10:54:53 PM »

God the Son died for us and God the Father rose him from the dead.

I am being attacked big time there. I can't answer questions like you guys can.  Cry

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 12:00:54 AM »

Hello Armorbearer,

I really don't know what you are asking, unless it is some word game of semantics. After reading your previous posts, especially the one that was deleted, I can't be a party to confusion on the subject of ALMIGHTY GOD. I won't be a party to that kind of confusion. The thread links I gave you are extensive, but I will make an extremely blunt statement about ALMIGHTY GOD that can't be confused and is the unquestioned BIBLE TRUTH.

==============================
WHO IS ALMIGHTY GOD?

1 - GOD THE FATHER - a unique entity of the HOLY TRINITY (Holy Trinity Also Known as the GODHEAD). GOD THE FATHER is able to work separately or together with GOD THE SON or GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

2 - GOD THE SON - ALSO CALLED JESUS CHRIST - a unique entity of the HOLY TRINITY (Holy Trinity Also Known as the GODHEAD). JESUS CHRIST is able to work separately or together with GOD THE FATHER or GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

3 - GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - a unique entity of the HOLY TRINITY (Holy Trinity Also Known as the GODHEAD). GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT is able to work separately or together with GOD THE FATHER OR GOD THE SON - JESUS CHRIST.

NOTE 1 - FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE: GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE UNIQUE BUT ONE! THEY ARE ALL ABLE TO WORK SEPARATELY OR TOGETHER.

STATED DIFFERENTLY TO END CONFUSION:

1 - GOD THE FATHER IS ETERNAL ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR!

2 - GOD THE SON (JESUS CHRIST) IS ETERNAL ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR!

3 - GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT IS ETERNAL ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR!

STATED YET ONE MORE WAY TO END CONFUSION:

1 - Is GOD THE FATHER ALMIGHTY GOD?  YES!

2 - Is GOD THE SON (JESUS CHRIST) ALMIGHTY GOD?  YES!

3 - Is GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT ALMIGHTY GOD?  YES!

4 - ARE GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON (JESUS CHRIST), AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT UNIQUE - YET ONE ETERNAL ALMIGHTY GOD?  YES!

=============================

I need to make a further statement to end any wiggle room for false religions and false cults. There is no wiggle room in the BIBLE - just the BLUNT TRUTH. The MEMBERS of the HOLY TRINITY are ETERNAL with no beginning and no ending. The MEMBERS of the HOLY TRINITY are parts of each other and together the WHOLE. There is NO Mrs. GOD THE FATHER and GOD THE SON WAS NOT BORN or CREATED!

Anything less than the above is a lie and a false religion. Many false religions and false cults have distortions of GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, OR GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. These distortions are BLASPHEMY! See next post.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 12:02:08 AM »

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

KING JAMES VERSION

John 14:6-11  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

AMPLIFIED VERSION

John 14:6-11  Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him. Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father [cause us to see the Father--that is all we ask]; then we shall be satisfied. Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the (His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power). Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 12:15:07 AM »

God the Son died for us and God the Father rose him from the dead.

I am being attacked big time there. I can't answer questions like you guys can.  :'(

Hello Brother David,

You are most welcome to use whatever you wish from here. I think that the best answer is the full strength WORD of GOD quoted verbatim. Use several different translations of the Bible if you want to eliminate someone accusing you of cherry-picking a translation that says what you want. All but the false bibles are going to say basically the same thing because these are BASIC BIBLE FACTS. A host of quoted Portions of Scripture from the Holy Bible make this very plain. The worst that skeptics and scoffers can do is ask lame questions like, "Can Jesus pray to Himself?" JESUS prayed to GOD THE FATHER not GOD THE SON.

Brother, if you copy and paste the "Is JESUS GOD?" threads, you will find a host of Scriptures that will speak for themselves. There is a reason why the Bible is known as "Sharper than any two-edged sword." GOD'S WORD IS HIS OWN WITNESS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 12:39:43 AM »

JESUS CHRIST - GOD MADE MANIFEST IN THE FLESH

KING JAMES VERSION

1 Timothy 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

AMPLIFIED VERSION

1 Timothy 3:16  And great and important and weighty, we confess, is the hidden truth (the mystic secret) of godliness. He [God] was made visible in human flesh, justified and vindicated in the [Holy] Spirit, was seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, [and] taken up in glory.

KING JAMES VERSION

Philippians 2:5-11  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

AMPLIFIED VERSION

Philippians 2:5-11  Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:] Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained, But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being. And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross! Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name, That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, And every tongue [frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the