Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286828 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Two Options of the Gospel.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two Options of the Gospel.  (Read 3827 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2003, 08:51:43 PM »

God Through the Gospel of His son Jesus Christ offers two options:

1. to obey, eternal salvation

Hebrews 5:9.  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

2. not to obey, everlasting destruction from the Lord's presence

2 Thessalonians 1:8.  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
 9.  Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord,
and from the glory of his power;

Support your local Christian.
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 08:54:41 PM »

I obey!!!!Amen!

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 05:56:03 AM »

Ephesians 2:8-10. 'For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works least anyone should boast'.

Romans.5:8. 'God demonstrated His own love to us in this way, while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

Romans.10:9. That if you will confess with your mouth Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved.

Romans 8:31&32. 'If God be for us who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him freely give us all things.'

Philippians.2:13. 'For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for his good pleasure.

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 06:16:26 AM »

"...Even so by the righteousness of one THE FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous" (Rom. 5:18-19).

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 06:18:58 AM »

"It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you...I have judged already: to deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, THAT THE SPIRIT MAY BE SAVED IN THE DAY OF THE LORD JESUS" (I Cor. 5:1-5).

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 06:25:37 AM »

I Corinthians 15:14 says "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 06:40:46 AM »

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 06:43:11 AM »

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  Philippians 1:21

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 06:48:59 AM »

In I Corinthians 3:12, 13 we are told that our works will be made manifest. Good works and bad works will be rewarded accordingly. Verse 14 says "If any mans" work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward." 15 "If any mans work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss." Notice now what Paul says "but he himself shall be saved". The fact is that as believers our works will be rewarded accordingly. However, we will be saved. Other scriptures to support this point are Romans 14:10 and II Corinthians 5:10.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 08:09:53 AM »

God has promised us eternal life in His Word, and He has provided this wonderful life through His Son.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

The promise is that whoever believes in the Son "has everlasting life." Notice that it doesn't say that the person who belives may one day obtain everlasting life, but that the person "has" everlasting life, the very moment they believe in Him. The gospel of John repeats this wonderful promise many times. In fact, one of the key reasons the book of John was written was that, "... you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name" (John 20:31).

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 11:01:14 AM »

God Through the Gospel of His son Jesus Christ offers two options:

1. to obey, eternal salvation

Hebrews 5:9.  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

ollie,

Good verse, the HIM in verse 9, refers to God the Father, it isn't evident in verse 9, when taken by it self, but notice the context of verse 9, in the passage;

Heb 5
5:1  For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
2  Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
3  And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
4  And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
5  So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
6  As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
7  Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
10  Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Note the preceding verse 8, Jesus as the Son of God learned
obedience, and by it became perfect and the author of eternal life.

Jesus, alwasy taught that His words were not his own, but His fathers, who commanded Him what to speak (see Deut 18:15-19), and so he nsays at:

Jhn 12
44  ........ He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Note verse 50; his (Gods) commandment is life everlasting.

Obedience has to do with believing faith to the saving of the Soul.  It is God who commandeth all men everywhere to repent. (Rom 17:30)

And if anyone obeys the word spoken by Jesus, believes Him who sent Him, if not, then they reject Him who sent Him.

But as it has been said many times before, man is incapable of obeying, because he cannot believe, unless it is given by God to believe Jesus.

The rest of what you have posted  in the context of obedience to Gods Word defines the second option, which is not good....for the disobedient.

2. not to obey, everlasting destruction from the Lord's presence

2 Thessalonians 1:8.  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
 9.  Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord,
and from the glory of his power;

And I am in full agreement with this..

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 11:12:07 AM by Petro » Logged

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003, 01:01:33 PM »

"...Even so by the righteousness of one THE FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous" (Rom. 5:18-19).

Brother Love Smiley

DITTO Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 01:03:49 PM »

In I Corinthians 3:12, 13 we are told that our works will be made manifest. Good works and bad works will be rewarded accordingly. Verse 14 says "If any mans" work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward." 15 "If any mans work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss." Notice now what Paul says "but he himself shall be saved". The fact is that as believers our works will be rewarded accordingly. However, we will be saved. Other scriptures to support this point are Romans 14:10 and II Corinthians 5:10.

Brother Love Smiley

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!

Thank You Jesus

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 01:50:40 PM »

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not
according to our works, but according to HIS OWN PURPOSE AND [HIS OWN] GRACE, WHICH WAS GIVEN US IN CHRIST JESUS BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN" (II Tim. 1:9).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 04:23:16 PM »

Excellent.

Actually Rom 5

19  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Says it all............

His obedience is imputed unto us for righteousnes.

So believeing the words Jesus spoke on behalf of the Father, is actually believing the Father's Word.

Man can trust and obey the truth, but he does not produce faith to believe of himself.

It is the Word of God, which is;

powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12

This precept is built upon this other precept;

Isa 55
11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

The Word of God will produce results, when heard by them whom God gives hearing, Jesus said;

Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
  (Mk 4:11-12)

Blessings

Petro

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the