Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:16:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286828 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Faithfulness in marriage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faithfulness in marriage.  (Read 5436 times)
-foc-

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 08:33:55 PM »

~foc~

I've stated my views based on scripture (Galatians),  and hold those truthes to be valid.   I find your last couple responses inflamitory and disrespectful, at best. 

I'm new to ChristiansUnite,  and rather like the forum.   I won't risk warnings or banning, responding to your hurtful remarks. 

May you prosper as your soul prospers.   Smiley
Why was this post editted ?

Fl, I wasnt meaning to flame you at all.
If you feel I have, I do ask that you present to me what it was that is supposedly flaming and disrespectful towards you.

If its just that we disagree, then just agree to disagree and lets be done with this.

If you believe I behaving improperly, then at least point out where Ive broken the rules here Smiley
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 08:36:38 PM by -foc- » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2006, 01:32:57 AM »

If you believe I behaving improperly, then at least point out where Ive broken the rules here Smiley
Well since you asked, how about disrepecting other members, in your case calling another member "errant." No member on this forum is errant.

That would be, this part of the rules.

"Disrespect, mockery, or blasphemy of Almighty God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Holy Bible, and Christianity are not permitted here."

This includes when responding to other Christians here at Christians Unite.

Firelight

~Live in His light~

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2006, 08:31:32 AM »

foc said:  God being faithful does not mean that God must 'keep' an apostate.
You seem to not be grasping this fact at all.

'...God must 'keep' an apostate'~   let's look at this a minute.   Pictures of God forcing someone against their will, to walk with Him,  come to mind...like a parent holding the hand of a wandering disobedient child, dragging them along where they want them to go.   

I know of no one who believes God is this way.    God forces none to walk with Him... but when they choose to (even after sin)... He will MORE than accomodate them. 

I have to thank you, foc... for giving me one more opportunity to worship the Lord Jesus for His faithful salvation 
-foc-

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2006, 09:32:51 AM »

'...God must 'keep' an apostate'~   let's look at this a minute.   Pictures of God forcing someone against their will, to walk with Him,  come to mind...like a parent holding the hand of a wandering disobedient child, dragging them along where they want them to go.   

I know of no one who believes God is this way.    God forces none to walk with Him... but when they choose to (even after sin)... He will MORE than accomodate them. 

I have to thank you, foc... for giving me one more opportunity to worship the Lord Jesus for His faithful salvation 
Thank you for giving me to opportunity to present that God IS faithful not only as Savior but also as Judge.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith [he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
(Heb 10:26-29)

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
(Heb 6:4-6)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 10:00:55 AM by -foc- » Logged
-foc-

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2006, 09:53:38 AM »

His divorce from Israel did NOT change that,  it did NOT seperate His bond from them.

He ENDED the covenant He made with their forefathers out of Egypt.
There is so much scripture to prove this I dont even know where to begin
And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people. And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD. And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
(Zec 11:10-12)

Play whatever semantics game you wish to prove yourself friend...a covenant WAS set aside for adulterous actions of the Israelites.....

That He has a remnant of Jews does NOT negate the fact that the covenant with the Nation as a whole has been PUT AWAY/ENDED
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 09:56:31 AM by -foc- » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2006, 03:17:48 PM »

Hello -foc-,

I'm not going to argue with you. I'll simply ask you to read your Bible and see what happens between God and Israel after the Second Coming of CHRIST. GOD has made promises to Israel, and they will be fulfilled perfectly at His appointed time.

OR, I guess that you could be one of those folks who don't believe that JESUS CHRIST Himself will claim HIS CROWN as KING of Israel and rule and reign over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem for 1,000 years. JESUS CHRIST is already the KING of KINGS and has a Heavenly Kingdom, but HE is also the anointed KING of Israel and will claim HIS earthly Throne and Kingdom. This will be done most perfectly after HIS Second Coming and HIS crushing the forces of evil on the earth. This will be reality, and it can't be explained away, spiritualized, or otherwise dismissed as a dream or anything other than absolute Bible fact. JESUS CHRIST will also reign over the house of Jacob forever. This will be done because GOD said it would be done.

This is not the debate area of the forum, so you are advised this is an area for peaceful discussions between Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST. If you want to go further than this, you can start a thread in the debate area, but there are still rules there. Anyone who wishes to join you in the debate area is welcome to, but you are being told bluntly that this is not the debate area. Contrary to what you might believe, Christians with varying opinions can have discussions without being rude and hateful. You have an opinion and that's all it is - an opinion. It would be helpful for you to put the portions of Scripture you are using in context and understand: who the speaker is - the intended audience - and the purpose of the message. This would be especially true with Hebrews. This basic study method is called "rightly dividing the Word of Truth".

Being polite to other forum members is called the Forum Rules.

Revelation 20:6 NASB  Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Firelight

~Live in His light~

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »

quoting foc: (Firelight): 'His divorce from Israel did NOT change that,  it did NOT seperate His bond from them."

He ENDED the covenant He made with their forefathers out of Egypt.
There is so much scripture to prove this I dont even know where to begin

Jeremaiah 3:14 references God's heart AFTER He had 'divorced' Israel  (vs8),   'Return, O backsliding children,  saith the LORD,  for I am married unto you...'   God's divorce,  according to Jeremaiah,  did NOT seperate His bond from them,  and did NOT alter God's faithfulness.

An interesting side note from another's comentary is that God's action of 'divorce', simply put Israel out of His presense to operate on their own, apart from God's blessing.   It was a corrective action,  intended to bring them back into repentance and fellowship with Him  (as Jer. 3:14 eludes).  ( It didn't break the bond God had with Israel.)

Edited to add:   We'll have to agree to disagree, foc... in the interest of preventing repititous dialogue.   
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 07:06:13 PM by Firelight » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the