Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:11:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286832 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Emergent Church - The Danger From Within?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Emergent Church - The Danger From Within?  (Read 1252 times)
MangoMan

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2008, 02:12:01 AM »

Hey Everyone,
I've heard tale about the emergent church.  I want to know more about it.  What I've heard so far, I don't like.  What is it?  Is it evil from within?  Who is part of it?  Why is it so intertwined with the evangelical church if it is insidiously wrong?  Is it a new phase, or is it actually something much older, hence it's ability to blend within the church ranks?  Why does it aspouse the dropping of the name Christian for the name Christ follower when that's what Christian means?  I'm looking for intelligent conversation here.  I believe this is something we all need to be aware of.
Sincerely,
The MangoMan
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 06:50:39 AM »

If you ask 10 different people what the emergent church is I am sure that you will get 10 different answers. This is because it is so varied in it's beliefs that it is something different to each person that is involved. There is no structure to it, no set authority except for oneself and it ranges from more traditional beliefs to those that are of new age.

Yes, even some of these things have happened even in the days of the Apostles this is a "new phase" that has been creeping, growing significantly, into churches little by little. Many want to drop the word Christian because of it's implications and take on the more liberally accepted term of Christ follower. In doing so they think they will be less objectionable to some as there are many that claim to be "Christ Followers" that do not necessarily accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.

We are told that in the end times there will be a falling away, that there will be those entering in amongst the body that will attempt to lead others astray.

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »

Hello MangoMan,

I want to make some very general and vague comments about what APPEARS to be happening right now.

1 - Much of mankind appears to be adopting themselves as gods. This is humanistic in approach, and the tendency is to do what one feels is right according to man - NOT GOD.

2 - We should easily see that the general trend is to take GOD out of everything. Man does NOT want to be accountable to a SUPREME BEING and would much rather be accountable to self alone. In reality, we are really watching the development of GODLESS religions.

3 - Mix with the above many elements of Universalism that basically teaches that all can be saved with or without GOD. Humanism and Universalism go together well and could easily be part of the one world church. Both pander to the glory of mankind - not GOD. Pastor Roger has already pointed out that the meanings and definitions of many things will either be changed or distorted. ONE WAY for Salvation isn't convenient for mankind, and the teachings of GOD hurt the feelings of many people. It appears that the emerging religions seek more to please men than GOD, and GOD is really being taken out because HE'S the SAME yesterday, today, and forever. Many men want to define right and wrong for themselves and basically build their own religion.

The doctrines taught in the HOLY BIBLE haven't changed, and they won't change. They are SOUND, SOLID, and FINISHED. Bible Prophecy clearly states that the time will come when men won't ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE. In fact, many won't even want to listen to it. The HOLY BIBLE still contains the most POWERFUL messages in the world. Faith still comes by hearing, and hearing by the WORD OF GOD. Men still CAN'T buy or earn SALVATION. SALVATION is still simple and easy to understand, but it's a big problem that men aren't in CHARGE of it. SO, many men are trying to address these problems in ways that will be pleasing to mankind - NOT GOD.

As Christians, things haven't changed for us. However, we should expect many false prophets, false teachers, and persecutors of Christians. Christians are going to be more and more disliked and considered to be IN THE WAY. Many of us do think that the end days of this Age of Grace are approaching. If so, the Holy Bible tells us many things that will most definitely happen. Horrible times are getting nearer by the day. MANY SO-CALLED CHURCHES WON'T BE WORKING FOR GOD, AND GOD WOULDN'T WANT HIS NAME ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

It's impossible to talk about this subject without being negative. NOW, I'm done and getting another cup of coffee. I want to think about positive things the rest of the day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 35 - In his life Christ is an example showing us how
to live, in his death, he is a sacrifice satisfying for our sins; in
his resurrection, a conqueror; in his ascension, a king; in his
intercession, a high priest. Martin Luther

MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »

TO THE ADMIN OF THIS SITE... A SUGGESTED MODIFICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorely irked.  I realize I am responsible.  I wrote a diatribe about Saddleback and Rick Warren because of the Saddleback hosted political debate tonight which will be aired on Fox News.  I began innocently enough, but was startled and scared by what I learned as I wrote it.  Saddleback is the dark horse of the Emerging Church.  I ripped quotes from secular and religious articles alike, some from pieces or comments made by Rick Warren himself.  Alas, my endeavors were longer than 60 minutes and the website so graciously blew my article away like a vapor on the wind.  I guess I need to write faster.  Is there anyway that a message could be posted saying something about needing to relogon without deleting what was written?  I don't see that being difficult to accomplish.  Dump the data into a temp buffer and then after relogin, post it.

Aggravated in San Diego,
The MangoMan
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »

TO THE ADMIN OF THIS SITE... A SUGGESTED MODIFICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorely irked.  I realize I am responsible.  I wrote a diatribe about Saddleback and Rick Warren because of the Saddleback hosted political debate tonight which will be aired on Fox News.  I began innocently enough, but was startled and scared by what I learned as I wrote it.  Saddleback is the dark horse of the Emerging Church.  I ripped quotes from secular and religious articles alike, some from pieces or comments made by Rick Warren himself.  Alas, my endeavors were longer than 60 minutes and the website so graciously blew my article away like a vapor on the wind.  I guess I need to write faster.  Is there anyway that a message could be posted saying something about needing to relogon without deleting what was written?  I don't see that being difficult to accomplish.  Dump the data into a temp buffer and then after relogin, post it.

Aggravated in San Diego,
The MangoMan

Hello MangoMan,

You got two replies to the same complaint in another thread. In case you miss it, you set the time for your log in, not the forum or Admin. When you log in the next time, just set the time for forever and log out when you want to. Otherwise, the forum will log you out for whatever time you yourself set. There's a lot more in the other thread, but I do want to repeat one other suggestion made in the other thread. Do your work in a small editor like Notepad, and you'll have your own copy on your own computer automatically. The forum is only about 4% of the work being done on Christians Unite. Christians Unite serves thousands of Christian web sites around the world numerous times every day, so I know that special arrangements won't be made for temporary storage for each user. The temporary storage you need is on your own computer, and you could just as easily make it permanent storage. This is an easy and quick fix for any time that you do considerable work, and it's really the only option that will be considered.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 204 - Isaiah 55:10-11 For as the rain cometh
down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but
watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may
give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be
that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in
the thing whereto I sent it.

MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »

Yeah Blackeyedpeas, sorry for the double post.  I didn't see it post my first one.  By the way, those peas in reality are a tasty bunch.  Good, old, Southern blackeyed peas, um um good!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 07:35:37 PM »

Yeah Blackeyedpeas, sorry for the double post.  I didn't see it post my first one.  By the way, those peas in reality are a tasty bunch.  Good, old, Southern blackeyed peas, um um good!

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 09:26:04 PM »

YES - They are good fixed in many different ways. I think they are delicious with fresh cornbread and a little bit of salsa.

By the way, they don't look at all like the picture Grammyluv posted. She must have taken pictures of Yankee black-eyed peas.   Grin   Southern black-eyed peas are HAPPY and literally DANCE into the cookware.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »

Them northern blackeyed peas not only dance into the cookware they dance their way right onto the ole taste buds. I just had some tonight in a really great tasting stew with fresh picked tomatoes, corn, zucchini, mustard greens, some winter onions and some chopped pork. We had some cornbread on the side.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 10:45:58 PM »

YUM!

My wife makes a slow-cooked vegetable stew in a crock-pot fairly often that's wonderful. The vegetables have their own unique flavors that are released apparently only in slow-cooking. I'm just an expert in eating it, and I never use any extra seasonings. I like it with and without lean stew meat. I think the variety of vegetables is what really provides the flavors, and the left-overs are just as good or better the next day. I must add that it also smells wonderful, and the cornbread is the perfect finishing touch. Its:

Finger Lickin'

Lip Smackin'

GOOD!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the