Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:48:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286813 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I'm back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 3684 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 10:37:31 AM »

DUDE!!! Welcome Back!!!  Yah.  I know.  I'm not around much either... Grin  But welcome back anyways!  Listen Bro, I just wanted to say that while formal education is best and, in many ways, most beneficial, don't get locked into it.  I've said before and I'll say it again, we reflect those under whose tutelage we sit.  While it's not necessarily a bad thing to reflect some of the men that mentor us, it's far better to reflect Christ as we learn from Him day by day, and in every setting, classroom or otherwise. 

One of most learned pastors I've ever known showed me several notebooks he had on his shelf along side of his commentaries once.  They were filled with lessons God had taught him through specific life settings.  Some reflected creation.  Others trials and testings.  Others family life.  Regardless, each was a diary of God being God in his life no matter where he was in his life.  For a pastor, with an M-Div, future doctorate, and more knowledge of language, hermenuetic, homoletic, scripture and general life app for the whole kit-n-kaboodle, to have something like that taught me a very valuable lesson.  Classrooms are great.  But God doesn't need them to teach you about Himself.  Use them when He offers them.  Learn from Him where ever you find yourself.   Smiley

I'll be prayin' for ya Bro as you make your decisions!

His,

Kevin (a.k.a. Allinall)

P.S.  Congrats on the girl!  Ok.  We've all put our pics up on this board.  So where's your's and your sweeties?  Hmmmmmmmmmm?  Engagement pics man!  Share!  I'll be prayin' for your future too.  Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:39:47 AM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 10:41:25 AM »

AMEN Allinall, very well said  Cheesy

Now where's the coffee   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 12:27:38 PM »

LOL. thanks for the welcome back Allinall. I'll get around to posting it sometime, i just wiped my box because of a crash, so I'm going to have to re-load them for you. Anyways, i'm back off to work, just wanted to drop a line or two and let you know that i do appreciate it. Hope all's well. Cya.

Coram Deo,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 08:28:38 AM »

AMEN Allinall, very well said  Cheesy

Now where's the coffee   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Smiley Wink Cheesy

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 08:29:48 AM »

LOL. thanks for the welcome back Allinall. I'll get around to posting it sometime, i just wiped my box because of a crash, so I'm going to have to re-load them for you. Anyways, i'm back off to work, just wanted to drop a line or two and let you know that i do appreciate it. Hope all's well. Cya.

Coram Deo,
Joshua

A crash?  EEK!  Good luck Bro!  Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 08:51:40 AM »

Hello Brother Joshua,

I know that I welcomed you back in another thread, but I'll WELCOME!! you back again. AND, I didn't read this thread yet.

WOW! - You have big things going on in your life. I still pray for you every day like many others here, and we will continue.

I don't know how many congratulations are in order, so I'll say it only once:

Congratulations!

You've also made some big decisions, and I pray that GOD will richly bless you in all of them. Brother, for the future, I hope that you don't mind if I pray that GOD gives you peace with your parents.

For now, I want to ask you to start running long distances and doing plenty of push-ups. You don't want to start out on the wrong side of the Drill Sergeants.  ;D

Time flies - it might take me some time to adjust to the fact that you are grown and out on your own. I applaud your decision to serve a tour in the Marine Corp, as I applaud all young adults who want to start out by serving their country. My son served in the Navy for 6 years and got out about 8 months ago. He says it was the best decision he ever made. I must agree and say that I'm proud of him. I pray for our finest serving in the Armed Forces at least once every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Titus 2:11-14 NASB  For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 09:05:30 AM »

For now, I want to ask you to start running long distances and doing plenty of push-ups. You don't want to start out on the wrong side of the Drill Sergeants.  Grin

Amen Brother Tom, I am convinced that drill seargents take a special cousre on how to be mean to their enlisted men.

Brother Josh, among the nicest things they'll do for you is yell at ya , call you names and hit you on the forehead with the rim of their hats (in military tems i guess they call them covers, covers their bad haircuts Grin Grin)

I guess that's why at the end they are only a FEW good men   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Brother, my husband is a RETIRED Marine, every now and then I have to remind him he's at home not drilling his troops at a boot camp  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 09:08:14 AM »

Smiley Wink Cheesy

YUMMY COFFEE, Thanks Kevin.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 09:17:18 AM »

I am convinced that drill seargents take a special cousre on how to be mean to their enlisted men.

All done for the benefit and safety of their men.   Wink

Brother, my husband is a RETIRED Marine, every now and then I have to remind him he's at home not drilling his troops at a boot camp

Are you sure about that?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 09:54:37 AM »

YUMMY COFFEE, Thanks Kevin.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 10:05:05 AM »

Are you sure about that?

Quite sure, I'm sure he knows a very tired wife won't cook  Grin

In fact I might even be to tired to put his boots in the shoe closet for him Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 10:15:32 AM »

Quite sure, I'm sure he knows a very tired wife won't cook  Grin

In fact I might even be to tired to put his boots in the shoe closet for him Grin

Tell him a true Soldier stows his own boots.   Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 10:33:41 AM »

Tell him a true Soldier stows his own boots.   Wink

You know what his reply will be Brother. I can almost hear him now.

I'm not a slodier, I'm a Marine, besides you spoiled me.

Just like Adam, he will place the blame on me  Angry Sad Shocked

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »

You know what his reply will be Brother. I can almost hear him now.

I'm not a slodier, I'm a Marine, besides you spoiled me.

Just like Adam, he will place the blame on me  Angry Sad Shocked

lol  ....  that sounds like a Marine.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »

Grin  Sir yes Sir

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the