Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:14:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  God's Promises for American Heroes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Promises for American Heroes  (Read 72293 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 11:15:22 AM »

Phi 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

All of us have moments when we feel drained. All of us suffer through difficult days, trying times, and perplexing periods of our lives. Thankfully, God stands ready and willing to give us comfort and strength if we turn to Him.

If you're a person with too many demands and too few hours in which to meet them, don't fret. Instead, focus upon God and upon His love for you. Then, ask Him for the wisdom to prioritize your life and the strength to fulfill your responsibilities. God will give you the energy to do the most important things on today's to do list if you ask Him. So ask Him.

" Where there is much prayer, there will be much of the Spirit; where there is much of the Spirit, there will be ever-increasing power." Andrew Murray

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 11:43:12 AM »

Eternal Life

Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Christ sacrificed His life on the cross so that we might have eternal life. This gift, freely given from God's only begotten Son, is the priceless possession of everyone who accepts Him as Lord and Saviour.

God is waiting patiently for each of us to accept the gift of eternal life. Let us claim Christ's gift today.

"And because we know Christ is alive, we have hope for the present and hope for life beyond the grave." Billy Graham

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »

Evil

1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

In his letter to Jewish Christians who had been driven out of Jerusalem, Peter offered a stern warning: "... your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1Peter 5:Cool. What was true in New Testament times is equally true in our own. Satan tempts his prey and then seeks to devour them.

As believers, we must beware; as Americans, we must be vigilant. Evil is indeed abroad in the world, and Satan continues to sow the seeds of destruction far and wide. If we seek righteousness in our own lives and in the collective life of our nation, we must earnestly wrap ourselves in the protection of God's Holy Word. When we do, we are secure.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 12:53:50 PM »

Faith

Mat 9:22  But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Jesus makes the point clearly and forcefully: His believers shall live by faith. When a suffering woman sought healing by merely touching the hem of His cloak, Jesus replied, "thy faith hath made thee whole." The message to Christians of every generation is clear: live by faith today and every day.

If your faith is being tested to the point of breaking, know that your Saviour is near. If you reach out to Him in faith, He will give you peace and heal your broken spirit. Be content to touch even the smallest fragment of the Master's garment, and He will make you whole.

" Let your faith in Christ be in the quiet confidence that He will, every day and every moment, keep you as the apple of His eye, keep you in perfect peace and in the sure experience of all the light and strength you need." Andrew Murray

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 01:26:04 PM »

1Jo 4:11  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Even when they are separated by distance and time, our loved ones never really leave us. They are always with us in our hearts and in our prayers.

A loving family is a treasure from God; if you are a member of a close knit, supportive family, offer a word of thanks to Him. He has blessed you with one of His most precious earthly possessions. And, remember that every member of your family is always as near as your next warm memory or next heartfelt prayer.

"Your family is God's gift to you, as you are to them." Desmond Tutu

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 01:31:50 PM »

1Jo 4:11  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Even when they are separated by distance and time, our loved ones never really leave us. They are always with us in our hearts and in our prayers.
AMEN My late wife is never far from me. She is in my heart, and thoughts. Almost as much as Jesus is in my heart, and thoughts. Jesus is always there for me, in my heart, and in my thoughts.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 12:02:07 PM »

Fear

Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Even dedicated followers of Christ may find their courage tested by the inevitable disappointments and tradgedies of life. During our most troubling times, God remains steadfast; as believers, we must turn to Him.

The next time you find your courage tested, remember that God is as near as your next breath, and remember that He offers salvation His children. He is your shield and your strength. Call upon Him in your hour of need and be comforted. Whatever the size of your challenge, God is bigger.

"A faithful friend is a strong defense: and he that hath found such an one hath found a treasure." Ecclesiasticus 6:14

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 04:58:40 PM »

Forgiveness

Eph 4:32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

There's no doubt about it: forgiveness is difficult. Being frail, fallible, imperfect human beings, we are quick to anger, quick to blame, slow to forgive, and even slower to forget. Yet as Christians, we are commanded to forgive others, just as we, too, have been forgive. So even when forgiveness is difficult, we must ask God to help us move beyond the spiritual stumbl;ing blocks of bitterness and hate.

How should you treat those who have done you great harm? The answer, of course, is found in God's word: you are instructed to forgive them. When you do, you will not only obey God's commandment; you will also free yourself from a prison of your own making.

"He who cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass." Corrie ten Boom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 11:38:25 AM »

God's Grace

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Christ sacrificed His life on the cross so that we might have life eternal. This gift, freely given from God's only begotten Son, is the priceless possession of everyone who accepts Him as Lord and Saviour. Thankfully, grace is not as earthly reward for righteous behaviour; it is, instead, a blessed spiritual gift. When we accept Christ into our hearts, we are saved by His grace.

God's grace is the ultimate gift, and we owe to Him the ultimate in thanksgiving. Let us praise the Creator for His priceless gift, and let us share the Good News with the World. We return our Father's love by accepting His grace and by sharing His message and His love. When we do, we are eternally blessed. God is waiting patiently for each of us to accept His gift of eternal life. Let us claim Christ's gift today.

"All men who live with any degree of serenity live by some assurance of grace." Reinhold Niebuhr

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 10:57:20 PM »

God's Love

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

God's love for you is deeper and more profound than you can fathom. And now, precisely because you are a wondrous creation treasured by God, a question presents itself: What will you do in response to God's love? Will you ignore it or embrace it? Will you return it or neglect it? The decision, of course, is yours and yours alone.

When you embrace God's love, you are forever changed. When you embrace God's love, you feel differently about yourself, your neighbors, and your world. When you embrace God's love, you share His message and you obey His commandments. When you accept the Father's grace and share His love, you are blessed here on earth and throughout all eternity. Accept His love today.

"The great love of God is an ocean without a bottom or a shore." C. H. Spurgeon

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 12:22:36 PM »

God's Plan

1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

God has plans for our lives and for our nation, but He won't force us to follow His will. To the contrary, He has given us free will, both as individuals and as a people. And, of course, with the freedom to choose comes the responsibility of living with the consequences of the choices we make.

Let us, as standard-bearers of the American Dream, seek guidance through the study of God's Word, and let us be watchful for His signs. God has richly blessed our nation, and He intends to use America in wonderful, unexpected ways. May we discover God's plan for our land, and may we follow it.

"God brought me here. It is by His will that I am in this place. He will keep me here in His love and give me grace to behave as His child. He will make this trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends for me to learn and working in me the grace He means to bestow. Then, in His good time He can bring me out again. How and when, only He knows. Andrew Murray

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 01:23:15 PM »

God's Presence

Psa 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God ......

If God is everywhere, why does He sometimes seem so far away? The answer to that question, of course, has nothing to with God and everything to do with us.

As our burdens weigh down upon us, we are tempted to ignore God's presence or - worse yet - to rebel against His commandments. But, when we quiet ourselves and acknowledge His presence, He touches our hearts and restores our spirits.

In whatever condition we find ourselves, whether we are happy or sad, victorious or vanquished, troubled or triumphant, we must seek the quiet assurance of our Heavenly Father. When we do so, we will be comforted, for God is not just near - He is here.

"God is in all things and in every place. There is not a place in the world in which he is not most truly present. Just as birds, wherever they fly, always meet with the air, so we, wherever we go, or wherever we are, always find God present. St. Francis de Sales

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »

God's Promises

Heb 10:36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

God's Word contains promises upon which we, as Christians, can and must depend. The Bible is a priceless gift, a tool that God intends for us to use in every aspect of our lives. Too many Christians, however, keep their spiritual tool kits tightly closed and out of sight.

Are you tired? Discouraged? Fearful? Be comforted and trust the promises that God has made to you. Do you see a difficult future ahead? Be courageous and call upon God. He will protect you and then use you according to His purposes. Are you confused? Listen to the quiet voice of your Heavenly Father. He is not a God of confusion. Talk with Him; listen to Him; trust Him, and trust His promises. He is steadfast, and He is your Protector ... forever.

"No one who has ever set out to test God's promises fairly, thoroughly, and humbly has ever had to report that God's promises don't work. On the contrary, given a fair opportunity, God always surprises and overwhelms those who truly seek His bounty and His power." Peter Marshall

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 01:27:18 PM »

God's Strength

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Have you "tapped in" to the power of God? Have you turned your life and your heart over to Him, or are you muddling along under your own power? The answer to this question will determine the quality of your life here on earth and the destiny of your life throughout all eternity.

The Bible tells us that we can do all things through the power of Jesus Christ. Thus we must place Christ where He belongs: at the very center of our lives. When we do so, we will surely discover that He offers us the strength to live victorously in this world and eternally in the next.

"The last and greatest lesson that the soul has to learn is the fact that God, and God alone, is enough for all its needs. This is lesson that all His dealings with us are meant to teach; and this is the crowning discovery of our whole Christian life. God is enough!" Hannah Whitall Smith

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2006, 11:45:55 AM »

God's Support

Isa 41:13  For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

God is a never-ending source of support and courage for those of us who call upon Him. When we are weary, He gives us strength. When we see no hope, God reminds us of His promises. When we grieve, God wipes away our tears.

Do the demands of this day threaten to overwhelm you? If so, you must rely not only upon your own resources, but also upon the promises of your Father in heaven. God will hold your hand and walk with you every day of your life if you let Him. So even if your circumstances are difficult, trust the Father. His love is eternal and His goodness endures forever.

"When you have no helpers, see all your helpers in God. When you have many helpers, see God in all your helpers. When you have nothing but God, see all in God; when you have everything, see God in everything. Under all conditions, stay thy heart only on the Lord." C. H. Spurgeon

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the