Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Sabbath Rest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Sabbath Rest  (Read 22860 times)
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2003, 10:08:32 AM »

I do White Horse
Jesus mentioned a lot of different things that would happen(been 3 pretty good sized eartquakes the last 2 weeks)and He said you will know when its close, even at the door. When they say peace and saftey(the new peace plan?) Cant say for sure but....
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2003, 12:04:38 PM »

Amen, Wreck N Sow. Amen!  Smiley

John the Baptist
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2003, 02:43:48 PM »

And Matt. 24:14 is just about to happen the second time,
if not already in place!  Smiley---John
I do White Horse
Jesus mentioned a lot of different things that would happen(been 3 pretty good sized eartquakes the last 2 weeks)and He said you will know when its close, even at the door. When they say peace and saftey(the new peace plan?) Cant say for sure but....
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2003, 03:07:33 PM »

Yes!!! Absolutely! It's an exciting time to be working the master's fields, wouldn't you say?

John the Baptist
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2003, 03:45:06 PM »

Yes!!! Absolutely! It's an exciting time to be working the master's fields, wouldn't you say?

First: "I will search Jerusalem with candles" (professed spiritual Israel. see Rom. 2:28-29)

Second: "The great day of the Lord is near, (agreed! Smiley)
it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the VOICE OF THE DAY OF THE LORD: (see Gen. Gen. 6:3) the mighty man SHALL CRY BITTERLY. (Eze. 9:6--all of Eze. 9! Cry tough loving duty!)

[That day] IS A DAY OF WRATH, A DAY OF TROUBLE AND DISTRESS, A DAY OF WASTNESS AND GLOOMINESS, a day  of clouds and THICK DARKNESS, (spiritual as well!) A day of the trumpet and ALARM [AGAINST THE FENCED CITIES AND AGAINST THE HIGH TOWERS]. (see Isa. 5!)

And I will bring distress upon men, THEY SHALL WALK [LIKE BLIND MEN], BECAUSE THEY HAVE SINNED AGAINST THE LORD: AND THEIR BLOOD SHALL BE POURED OUT AS DUST, AND THEIR FLESH AS DUNG."  Cry Cry ---(Today's pulpit stuff, huh?)

But YES, in answer to your question! But all in all, it is kind of a mixed bag, would you not think?? See Matt. 10:25.

---John

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2003, 05:06:40 PM »

For those who don't love God, true, it will be no picnic. But then, this is God's choice. I trust Him enough to understand there's a reason He chose this. We get the benefit of seeing prophecies fulfilled, and the movement of God's hand in the last days. I love Him and want to do His work. I'm grateful to live in a time when we get to see Israel re-established as a nation.

Right now there's an unbeliever in the prayer request line trying to convince Broken there is no God, right after she said she was struggling to believe she can be saved.

Bozz

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2003, 11:36:46 PM »

i find your opinion very interesting. i cannot say that i agree or disagree with u until i study the verses that u pointed out. i do think that u might be on 2 something.

much love from your brother in Christ,
                                                    Bryan aka: Bozz

John the Baptist
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2003, 07:56:12 AM »

John here:
God DECREED Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15. Read it. (forget what his weak minded creation says)

God worked 6 days & rested the 7th. Peter says that 1 day is a 1000 yrs with the Lord. Folks today call the 1000 yrs. the rapture & tribulation time. But there will be no one on earth except who were here before God created the earth. That was satan & his 'helpers'.

Just like before creation. All the lost will be dead & awaiting the SECOND ressurection to die the SECOND DEATH. The Saints are in heaven during this 1000 yr. period of time taking part in the judgement. Paul asks.. 'Know ye not that the saints shall judge angels..' (+! books)

The EARTH will have her Sabbath. This is not time setting! For we do not know how old Jesus was. Or when -0- B.C. or A.D. actually was. Some say Christ was 4-5 yrs. old at o date.

Yet, that does not change the facts. When the time arrives, earths history will be also. Noah was given 120 yrs. (time)

I personally liken this to 1844. God brought forth the Virgin denomination from Protestantisn. This denomination was given 120 yrs. time. Then went into the SLEEP (wilderness) 40 yrs.
So you add the three together and see what they bring up?
Perhaps the fall of 20004? Then  Noahs flood?? (real probation closed trouble)

Anyway: From this denomination we see only a 'remnant' who regroup! Rev. 12:17
As Noah 'time' did, as Israel of old did, as Rev. 3:9 do!  Huh Whatever? Just my humble thinking. (yet, NO day or hour or year setting. for God has not told us the date of His creation!) But ALMOST, HUH?

If any would like a couple pgs. with Bible verses on this first part, I would send them to your email if you so desire. They are called part 1 & part 2 on the movie left behind.  

My e-mail is pastornb@cherco.net

---John
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2003, 12:02:43 AM »

Hi, Bozz! Were you talking to John or me?

Hi, John! I'm thinking the reference to 2 Peter was in context of God keeping His promises, though we must wait for it. He was addressing those who didn't believe the promises of God because it didn't happen during their lifetime. I don't understand how you're applying it.

John the Baptist
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2003, 08:09:17 AM »

Hi, Bozz! Were you talking to John or me?

Hi, John! I'm thinking the reference to 2 Peter was in context of God keeping His promises, though we must wait for it. He was addressing those who didn't believe the promises of God because it didn't happen during their lifetime. I don't understand how you're applying it.
John here:
it is hard to know just what one is saying? 2 Peter, (what?)
1 day=1000 yrs? Or 1 Peter 4:17 Judgements starts with the [house of God first]? There are two time formula's in the Word. (at least) One is a day for year  Num. 14:34 & a day for one thousand years (given earlier) & a day year in Lev. 25

Help me out & I will try again! Smiley
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2003, 05:33:53 PM »

John, blessings. About the day being as a thousand years. The context of the scripture (2 Peter 3:Cool seems to be Peter talking about God's faithfulness in keeping His promises. I'm not sure it was meant as a numerical code; I understand a lot of people have used it that way, but I'm thinking the context doesn't seem to imply something more. Is that the scripture you were referring to?

John the Baptist
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2003, 07:39:28 PM »

John, blessings. About the day being as a thousand years. The context of the scripture (2 Peter 3:Cool seems to be Peter talking about God's faithfulness in keeping His promises. I'm not sure it was meant as a numerical code; I understand a lot of people have used it that way, but I'm thinking the context doesn't seem to imply something more. Is that the scripture you were referring to?
Hi, John here:
I agree! 2 Tim. 3:16 states ALL 66 bks. are paramont in learning 'doctrine'. (any one doctrine)

And the verse alone, by itself does not teach the real meaning. But when one 'ties' some more together, then it sounds more as if it is so.

You think Christ will come soon by the sign's given? (me to) About 4000 yrs. in the O.T. & about 2000 yrs. in the N.T.= (about) 6000 years. Add the 1000 years for the millennium & at the end finishes of 7000 7x7=49, then the heavenly city decends & then the tears are all wiped away! (What a day!!)  The 50eth year is a jubilee of jubilee years!? Do you remember the boy & girl spending a one yr. (1000 prophetic?) together on a Sabatical of no work?? This will most likely be ALL of our honored privilege to be with our Master & Savior in a special way.

By the way, mans recognition of dates are 'only' close.

Creation week for one. Six day & then the Sabbath rest. Six thousand years & then the 'earth' will have an [EMPTY] Sabbath 1000 yr. rest. (based on 1000 yrs. a day) Jer. 4:23-27'empty except for some resurected ones! You remember that after the end of the 1000 yrs. of Rev.20, we have read in Rev. 20 a whole 'meat diet' full, huh? Smiley Even with perhaps a period & a verse number in the wrong place? These were not inspired but were adde as the translaters believed.  

A TRUE JUBILEE is after the Judgement is past & the wicked are destroyed. (see  Lev. 25) After 6000 yrs. Christ comes for the saved. 1000 yrs. they are doing [book work]. (see 1 Cor. 6:2-3 & Rev. 20:12 & Dan. 7:9-10 & Luke 12:*47-48) All sinners are d-e-a-d during the 1000 years. 's'atan & his angels ONLY are on desolate earth. (see 2 Thess. 2:8-10-ALL DEAD, see 2 Peter 3:7-13) earth. (just like before creation-chained with no one to tempt!)

After the fate of the wicked in 'punishment' is decided, they will have their resurection. They come from the graves as they went into them. The heavenly City comes down & God will destroy the wicked (all of them) in their [second death]! see Obadia 16.

---John

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2003, 10:13:33 PM »

Yes, I see what you mean; I guess by *context* I'm wondering if the Bible actually meant for those verses to be tied together for a numeric formula. While one verse can't be lifted out of context, this is true, it seems like the rest of the text surrounding it would shed light on the correct meaning. Because the books are occasional, they were all written with an situation being addressed in that day, and that's how we get the meaning of the text. So I guess I'm wondering about the scriptural use of numbers that way; it's the concept I'm concerned about.

John the Baptist
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2003, 08:29:43 AM »

Well,
in Matt. 4:4 we see Christ jumping all over the place Smiley! (Thank you Jesus) The devil too! He quoted a Promise all most Word to Word, huh?

I have NO problem with that? Some even look at Isa. 28 as talking to the physical drunkards, ... overcome with wine! (+).

So if you carry the chapter to verse 7-10 one see's truth regardless if it be drunks or real 'spiritual' implications. Such as spiritual whordoms & the wine of error & Babylon's confussion. I suggest that drunkards are confussed? And whores & harlots are trying to serve two master's?

Verse 7 tell of these being erred through wine, and strong drink, are [out of the way]; ... they [err in vision, and stumbly IN JUDGEMENT]. (ALL ASLEEP OF Matt. 25 or Rev. 3:16-17?)

(Now notice)
"For ALL TABLES ARE FULL OF VOMIT AND FILTHINESS, SO THAT THERE IS NO PLACE CLEAN. (take a break here & read Davids wordings of Psalms 69:20-28. We are to be fed at the table right? Church? And Peter's thoughts on the vomit ones?)

These ARE on thread here in Isaiah 28! (from 1-10 & on)  

But even through it brings in CHRIST, 'a precious CORNER STONE, a [SURE FOUNDATION]' .. in verse 16, lets see how we are to APPLY His WORD?

ALL tables are FULL of Vomit! Verse 9-10 tell about how to UNDERSTAND DOCTRINE. First was Matt. 4:4 & then 2 Tim. 3:16 & now we see Isaiah 28:9-10 for starters.

First of these verses come the Milk of Heb. 5 to forulate [any]Doctrine. Now, FORGET CHAPTERS! Notice:

"Whom shall He teach knowledge? and whom shall He [make to understand doctrine?] Then that ARE WEANED FROM THE MILK, (of the Word) and drawn from the breasts. (Meat of the Word is needed for DOCTRINE!)

[FOR PRECEPT *MUST BE UPON PRECEPT; LINE UPON LINE; *HERE A LITTLE AND THERE A LITTLE.]"

In other words. It is like putting a puzzel together. The pieces are the words meaning the same thing. (satan has differant names for a illustration in Rev. 12)

This IS the way the WORD OF GOD TOLD ME ( Smiley) to learn the Truth of [His Doctrine!]

I have given up on the 'foolishness' of mans knowledge years ago. You can find even the Virgin wise ones in ibide. 14-15.

Just one more thought. I BELIEVE in the Word's of the Master in Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15 also! I  Cry for the ones who begin to say, well Lord..maybe sometimes? er, aw, yes, it is poetry Lord! (or whatever?)
But in all reality, the Lord has said what the problem is, right here in Isa. 28:1 "the Crown of Pride" & "Drunkards"

---John
« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 08:41:13 AM by John the Baptist » Logged
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2003, 01:58:06 PM »

Hi John the Baptist
You wrote
Creation week for one. Six day & then the Sabbath rest. Six thousand years & then the 'earth' will have an [EMPTY] Sabbath 1000 yr. rest. (based on 1000 yrs. a day)

Are you saying Gods sabbath rest for His people will not be on earth?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the