Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Quilt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Quilt  (Read 1740 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2005, 04:41:48 PM »

As I faced my Maker at the last Judgment, I knelt before the Lord along with the other souls.  Before each of us laid our lives, like the squares of a  quilt, in many piles.

An Angel sat before each of us sewing our quilt squares together into a tapestry  that was our life.

But as my Angel took each piece of cloth off the pile, I noticed how ragged and empty each of my squares were.  They were filled with giant holes!  Each square was labeled with a part of my life that had been difficult, the challenges and temptations I was faced with in everyday life.  I saw hardships that I had endured, (which were the largest holes of all).

I glanced around me. Nobody else had such squares.  Others had a tiny hole here and there, other tapestries were filled with rich color and the bright hues of worldly fortune.  

I gazed upon my own life and was disheartened. My Angel was sewing the ragged pieces of cloth together, threadbare and empty, like binding air. Finally the time came when each life was to be displayed, held up to the light and the scrutiny of truth.  The others rose each in turn, holding up their tapestries.  So filled their lives had been.  

My Angel looked upon me, and nodded for me to rise.  My gaze dropped to the ground in shame.  I hadn't had all the earthly fortunes.  I had love in my life, and laughter.  But there had also been trials of illness, death, and false accusations that took from me my world as I knew it.  I had to start over many times.  I often struggled with the temptation to quit, only to somehow muster the strength to pick up and begin again.  I had spent many nights on my knees in prayer, asking for help and guidance in my life.  I had often been held up to ridicule, which I endured painfully; each time offering it up to the Father, in hopes that I would not melt within my skin beneath the judgmental gaze of those who unfairly judged me. And now, I had to face the truth.  My life was what it was, and I had to accept it for what it had been.

I rose and slowly lifted the combined squares of my life to the light.  An awe-filled gasp filled the air.  I gazed around at the others who stared at me with eyes wide.  Then, I looked upon the tapestry before me.  Light flooded through the many holes, creating an image.

The face of Christ.

Then our Lord stood before me, with warmth and love in His eyes.  He said, "Every time you gave over your life to Me, it became My life, My hardships, and My struggles.  Each point of light in your life is when you stepped aside and let Me shine through, until there was more of Me than there was of you.

May all our quilts be threadbare and worn, allowing Christ to shine through.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 05:43:40 PM »

PR: This has to be the MOST BEAUTIFUL poem I've ever read!  It far surpasses "Footprints In The Sand" . . . By the time I reached the end, I had tears in my eyes.  Please, please email it to me! I just don't have the cut, copy, paste thing down . . .  I do so want to share it with the women's group in my church!

Thank you PR! May your quilt be ragged and worn!

Love,
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:53:19 PM by TalkerCat » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 07:35:29 PM »

On its way to you.

I'm glad that you liked it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 04:02:43 AM »

PR. What a beautiful poem.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:54:50 PM »

Cheesy I received it via email and forwarded it to everyone in my address book!  I've also retyped it to hand out with the church bulletin on Sunday . . .

Blessings -

Praise1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 10:10:13 PM »

This is beautiful,I had to keep coming back to read it over a couple of times.It set in my spirit.Could you e-mail me a copy?
Address-FloDn9@aol.com.Thank you in advance.
God Bless Smiley

I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.
Philippians 4:13-No Prayer No Power,No Power No Prayer.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 10:25:18 PM »

This is beautiful,I had to keep coming back to read it over a couple of times.It set in my spirit.Could you e-mail me a copy?
Address-FloDn9@aol.com.Thank you in advance.
God Bless Smiley

Also sent.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 11:03:28 AM »

You're a good man PR! Everyone that I've shown this poem to is touched and wants a copy for themself . . . Your kindness means that the gospel is being spread to people you'll probably  never meet! God bless you Brother!!

Blessings-

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 11:09:05 AM »

Thank you, Sister. The Lord has indeed already blessed me many times over. I enjoy sharing those blessings with others so that they too will know what it is to be blessed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the