Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Scum of the Earth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scum of the Earth  (Read 1062 times)
thecrucifiedlife

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:50:26 PM »

1 Cor. 4:13
when we are slandered, we answer kindly. Up to this moment we have become the scum of the earth, the refuse of the world.

Those who want to follow Jesus Christ are the scum of the earth; they are insane; they are detested. Jesus said that we must lose everything to become a disciple. You will lose your wealth and your health, your family and your friends, you will lose everything. Most Christian meeting halls are filled with the message of “Victory in Jesus” but unaware that defeat is what awaits us in this present world. Those who persevere will get the triumph in the end but for now we will be met with a cross and nailed to it by those God has appointed to crucify us. It is really God who arranges all the actors and allows us to be flogged in this life to become like Christ. When Paul became a Christian he lost all but gained everything that counts. He was called insane, and if we live like Jesus we too will be called crazy. I’m tired of all the “Christians” wanting to be accepted by the world, with their fancy buildings and three point lessons. With their funny stories and watered down messages to attract people to Jesus. Jesus didn’t do that, He spoke the truth in love and never begged people into the Kingdom. Do people consider you insane the way they considered Paul insane? Paul tells us to follow him as he follows Christ. What would it mean to follow Paul? To be a Paul is to be rubbish. If you want to be a Christian than you want to be trash. Paul was considered insane, he was in prison, flogged, exposed to death again and again, he received the forty lashes minus one, he was beaten with rods, stoned, shipwrecked, in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from his own countrymen, in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers, he labored and toiled and went without sleep, he was hungry and thirsty and went without food, he was cold and naked, and faced death daily. He was the scum of the earth. Most churches in American do not teach these things, instead they teach a message of victory, of blessing here and now for all who come to Jesus. Traveling over land and sea to win a single covert so they can make him twice the son of hell they are. They talk about how “our Father owns this world” and every blessing should be ours. In the meantime the devil is licking his chops because he has duped everyone into thinking that the only cross in the Christian life is the one Jesus was on and let’s be grateful that we don’t have to do such a thing.

I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. KJV
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 12:28:58 AM »

Amen.

As we mature in Christ we conform our minds to Him. As Christ increases, we decrease. We decrease by losing our old selves; our old ways of the world. Right now, many of us may still value money, family, and other wordly things over Jesus. But if we are to continue to grow in Christ, we must let those things go.

Life is filled with suffering. As we grow stronger in Christ, we face more difficult hardships. However, God will only give you what you are able to handle. When we suffer, we are weak; but when we are weak, Christ is strong.
thecrucifiedlife

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 01:09:29 AM »

Felix,

I'm glad you feel that way. I used to wonder about that passage about when I am weak I am strong. You said it right. I am grateful for every weakness because it makes me rely on God.

I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. KJV
Acorn

Oooooooeeee!!! I'm SO Happy to be HERE!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:44:53 PM »

Yep, life is hard when you walk with Christ.  Let's remember that everytime Paul was beaten, everytime  he was thrashed, everytime the world tried to whoop the Holy Spirit out of him, he was able to stand back up and JOYFULLY claim the power and presence of almighty God, and praise the glory of salvation through Jesus Christ.

When life stomps the snot outta me, I read the book of James.  It is empowering to me, a reminder NOT to complain, but to be thankful and full of joy, REGARDLESS of what happens here in this world.  hehehe  I gotta  admit, sometimes  when I feel especally  tramped on, after reading the book of James, (especially the first chapter)  I stand up, brush myself off, and say  full of joy....  

"heheheh  YOU (meaing the world's attempts to weaken my faith and rob my joy)   can't steal this!!!!"

and yes, some people I know think  I am  a little "crazy".

GLORY!!!!!!

in His Love
Acorn

When you have done all you can do, Pray some more, and  hand it over to Jesus.  He'll pick you up and carry you through the whole way, IF  you let Him.
thecrucifiedlife

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 06:45:54 PM »

Amen Acron.  A man who sees this world for what it is.

Gunner_Cade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 02:18:35 AM »

I must say I don't agree with you thecrusifiedlife.

I am a Christian.  

You say that because I follow Christ I will lose my wealth.  I'm sorry, but I'm not losing my wealth.  God says that if I honor him with my tithe then he will bless me financially.  How could I lose my wealth when it is God who gives me the ability to produce wealth?

Deuteronomy 8:17-18,
"You may say to yourself, ‘My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.’ But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant."

God gives me the ability to produce wealth, and using that ability I will have wealth on this earth.  

You say that because I follow Christ I will lose my health.  I will suffer attacks on my health by the devil, but God will heal me if I have faith.  

James 5:14
“Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.”

The Lord wants me to be healthy and if I have faith he will heal me.  

You say that because I follow Christ I will lose my friends and family.  Most of my friends and family are Christians, so no, I will not lose them because I follow Christ.

You say that “...defeat is what awaits us in this present world.”  If you want to claim defeat that is fine with me.  I will not claim defeat.  

Yes I will be persecuted.  Yes I will be attacked by the devil.  However, God said that the shield of faith will quench all the fiery darts of the enemy.  I will face attacks from the enemy but the Bible says in Luke that as a Christian I hold power over the enemy.

Luke 10:19
“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions,
and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

Through God I have victory on earth.

"An armed society is a polite society." - Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the