Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:54:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Lamb
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lamb  (Read 6172 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2003, 05:24:06 PM »

Mary had a little lamb,
his fleece was white as snow.

And everywhere that Mary went,
The Lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school each day,
T'wasn't even in the rule.

It made the children laugh and play,
To have a Lamb at school.

And then the rules all changed one day,
Illegal it became;

To bring the Lamb of God to school,
Or even speak His Name.! ;

Every day got worse and worse,
And days turned into years.

Instead of hearing children laugh,
We heard gun shots and tears.

What must we do to stop the crime,
That's in our schools today?Let's let the Lamb come back to school, And teach our kids to pray!

Author Unknown

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 08:06:59 PM »

Hmmmm, thank you, bep...
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 07:50:49 AM »

wow bep.. that makes a person stop and think doesnt it..
thanks for sharing..
Lya TL

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 02:57:08 PM »

Hmmmm, thank you, bep...

DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Seven_Tides
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 03:04:34 PM »

I must say, that was a very poignant version of Mary Had A
Little Lamb.

It's amazing that it is very true, indeed.

Thanks, black eyed peas.
BDoggy

Have you heard? I broke up with Mary Jane! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 03:09:32 PM »

cause if u did, i think it's amazing! it deals with some very troubling issues Cry but with an element of great hope through Christ Smiley

"Virtually every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God."
                                            -Hank Hanegraaff
Seven_Tides
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 03:14:36 PM »

I agree BDoggy.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 08:08:46 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I feel very strongly about this subject. Our world is getting to be a pretty sad place. My wife is a school teacher, and she and others are talking about changes in text books. Would you believe it if I told you they are taking the stories about Thanksgiving and the pilgrims out of text books because of the link to God? WOW! I can't believe some of the things that are happening. It will probably be replaced with tolerance and respect for gay or alternative life styles.

If space or time is short, God should be given that time and space. Everything else can go, but God must be put on the top of the list for honor, praise, respect, and education. God can still help or heal our sick world and sick societies.

In Christ.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 04:10:21 AM »

Reading this brings to mind something I taught in Sunday School a few weeks ago.  The lesson was on God's omnipresence.  Yes, our country has deemed it necessary to ban God from our schools in form of prayer and suchlike, yet can they limit God?  Now this isn't a profound thought, as everyone would readily agree that God cannot be limited by humanity in any way shape or form.  Yet, do we find ourselves attempting to come to God's defense?  Do we find ourselves attempting to change things so that He's not kept out of our schools?  Here's where I'm going with this.  Prayer or no, He is there.  Denied or accepted, He is there.  

Do I post this to say we should leave them alone?  To quote Paul, "God forbid!"  BEP has the idea right.  When we deny God, there are reprocussions.  We should actively support reform for the better.  I post this rather as an encouragement to my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Though this world may attempt to blot God out, they never will.  He is the great I AM.  Legislation will not change the Unchangeable.  While we may mourn the course of action our country takes, we can glory in the reality of our God.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 06:28:11 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

I agree completely that God is with us in every place and at all times. I see the general decline of our society that accelerates the more we deny God HIS rightful place in our society. We were a nation "UNDER GOD" and should be, and maybe we can be again. There is no doubt that God has greatly blessed America in the past. There is also no doubt that America is still being blessed by God, even though our nation is not giving HIM the proper recognition, respect, and honor.

I, for one, have decided to stand up and be heard on these issues. I pray that other Christians will also STAND UP AND SPEAK UP. Silent Christians need to wake up and see what is happening. Maybe not all Christians will "shout the Gospel" from the rooftops, but maybe they will at least end the silence and take part in honoring God wherever they go and whatever they do. It's time FOR CHRISTIANS TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND BE PROUD OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!

In Christ.

BDoggy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 11:42:22 PM »

nobody misunderstand what i am about to say. i am not bashing on america in any way, after all i am an american. but the simple truth is, this nation was never a godly nation. people think that america was founded on christian principals. this is not true though. think about the way this country was founded. christopher columbus was a man who embraced hatred, racism and genocide. also think about the ungodly treatment of black people before the civil rights movement. i am always confused when president bush says, "this is God's country". what exactly is he trying to say? that america is God's favorite country? that america is populated by mostly godly people? the point that i'm trying to make is that before we can truly change as a nation, we must(as a nation)humble ourselves, open up our eyes and realize that this nation is not as good & holy as we thought, nor has it ever been. only then can we change. hopefully this happens soon...

"Virtually every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God."
                                            -Hank Hanegraaff
John the Baptist
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2003, 03:37:42 PM »

Where is Christ supposed to be?? ???
Perhaps we need several laws forcing Christianity? A law to use force for all of these, huh? Schools, in government, in the home, and the church? Rome, here we come! :'(
---John

BDoggy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2003, 03:57:57 PM »

HuhHuhHuh Huh Huh HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??    huh??

-Hank Hanegraaff
BDoggy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2003, 05:18:55 PM »

john-please clarify what you meant. your post confused me. Huh i was not in any way saying that we should force Christianity on anyone. in fact, i wasn't even hinting at that.
i am clueless as to how you could have possibly gotten that from what i said Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

-Hank Hanegraaff
John the Baptist
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2003, 07:05:13 PM »

Where is Christ supposed to be?? Huh
Perhaps we need several laws forcing Christianity? A law to use force for all of these, huh? Schools, in government, in the home, and the church? Rome, here we come! Cry
---John
Hi me again!
Is there any singular person's name here??? The 'posts' (postings, letters, missives) mostly sound that they are in favor of school prayer? ((?)) This is not legal at present. So Caesar would need to be USED.  Cry
---John

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the