Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why Big Government hates God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Big Government hates God  (Read 1400 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2009, 04:57:27 PM »

Why Big Government hates God
by Joseph Farah, WorldNetDaily
Posted: September 01, 2009
1:00 am Eastern

© 2009

Once upon a time, the U.S. government was the God-friendliest government in the whole world.

But as Washington's power and reach grew well beyond its constitutional restrictions, something happened.

The U.S. government became less and less friendly to God. In fact, it began to grow quite hostile.

Why?

It's obvious to me now.

Competition.

The U.S. government doesn't want any competition. It doesn't want it from auto companies. It doesn't want it from health insurance companies. It doesn't want it from banks. It doesn't want it from private businesses of any kind. In fact, it doesn't even want it from self-governing individual Americans.

In other words, government wants to be your god – your one and only god.

And the God of the Bible – the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who led the chosen people out of Egypt and the God who led them back into Israel in the last century – represents real competition.

After all, the God of the Christians and Jews says: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

That's His first commandment. And His second doesn't make Him any easier to swallow: Don't worship idols.

That's pretty much what the U.S. government has become for many Americans – a false idol.

And God says: "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me."

You see, it's kind of a mutual aversion situation.

The impact is already being felt in America today, as government becomes godlike in the lives of so many citizens. We're paying a price for it – and will continue to pay a bigger price for it for generations.

I don't expect non-believers to comprehend what I am saying. But even many Christians and Jews won't see this yet. Most don't have their own priorities in life straight – not putting God first in their own lives. Too many Christians believe they are not to question government – wrongly thinking it is somehow unbiblical.

They fail to understand the day is coming when not only individuals will be judged by God, but nations as well – even rulers.

Psalm 110 spells it out in pretty graphic terms: "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries."

No, that's not going to be a pretty sight. And if America were judged by that standard, it wouldn't fare well.

Unless, of course, we as a people change our ways.

But how?

The answer is simple.

You can find it in 2 Chronicles 7:14:

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Do you think we are capable of recognizing we are headed in the wrong direction?

It's not just a matter of electing the right leaders. Our leaders are a judgment on us. We've got to get our spiritual priorities straight. We've got to recognize that our government is either a blessing or a curse on us.

Americans were blessed with some great leaders in the past – when our citizens understood the limitations of government and the fact that our all-just, almighty Creator has no limitations on his power.

Do you think we can find out way home before it's too late?

Don't wait for someone to lead you.

If what I say resonates with you and you are a child of the Kingdom of Heaven, humble yourself, pray and seek His face.

The only way out of this mess is for each of us – as many as possible – to turn from our wicked ways.

Recognize who deserves our obedience and worship and adoration and praise.

When He says He's a jealous God, He means business.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the