Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HEALING CHECK IT OUT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HEALING CHECK IT OUT  (Read 7228 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2003, 10:04:13 AM »

... AND in the book of Acts both Peter and Paul healed people. So what do you conclude from that?

Rapha.
Here's an idea:  God is sovereign.  Sometimes He will heal you; sometimes He won't.  That's why HBO can run an hour-long documentary on Benny Hinn being the biggest fraud in the United States, because Benny thinks that he is sovereign, rather than God.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2003, 02:44:28 PM »

Hi Rapha777,

I see this thread kind of took off.lol

I have a little more time today so I want to talk more on the scripture you gave.

There is a sense in which physical healing took place in the atoning work of Christ, but that healingwaits to be realized in the future. The physical part of salvation (a physical wholeness) is something we look forward to, not something we possess today.

Rev. 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Now,
1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The apostle Peter applies Isaiah 53:5 to salvation from sin.

Again, lets look further into the context,

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

The expression healed (In 1 Peter 2:24) Means "to be forgiven." The phrase "you have returned to the sheperd" shows what Peter means by "healed" in verse 24.

The healing ministry of Jesus,

Mathew 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Now you say that means we're to claim healing in the atonement, and in a sense that is correct. Jesus healed people to illustrate the healing in the glory to come. But that's not yet realized. If the healing of the atonement were fully realized now, no Christian would ever be sick or die. the atoning work of Christ spiritually transforms us now and will physically transform us in the future.

God bless
4JC

"Who are you Benny Hinn?" Sorry Rapha, but I lost it when I read that. Now I need to clean the coffee (I spit out) off of the computer screen.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2003, 04:59:24 PM »

"Who are you Benny Hinn?" Sorry Rapha, but I lost it when I read that. Now I need to clean the coffee (I spit out) off of the computer screen.

ROFLOL Grin Grin Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2003, 05:16:02 PM »

Acts 10:38
" How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing ALL that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

That is the Jesus I know; everywhere He went the sick were healed.  

Also Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, and today and forever.

Rapha

Who are you Benny Hinn Smiley

Brother Love Smiley
Ephesians 5

1.  Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
 2.  And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

3.  But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
 4.  Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
 5.  For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
 6.  Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
 7.  Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
 8.  For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
 9.  (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
 10.  Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
 11.  And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

12.  For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
 13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
 14.  Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
 15.  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16.  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
 17.  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Support your local Christian.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2003, 09:36:41 AM »

Acts 10:38
" How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing ALL that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

That is the Jesus I know; everywhere He went the sick were healed.  

Also Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, and today and forever.

Rapha

Who are you Benny Hinn Smiley

Brother Love Smiley
Ephesians 5

1.  Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
 2.  And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

3.  But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
 4.  Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
 5.  For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
 6.  Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
 7.  Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
 8.  For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
 9.  (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
 10.  Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
 11.  And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

12.  For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
 13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
 14.  Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
 15.  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16.  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
 17.  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Oral Roberts?  Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2003, 06:41:30 AM »

Your for information my favourite preacher of modern time was Smith Wigglesworth who God used to raise at least 14 people from the dead and also heal many people. However, I do not look to him or any other preacher for healing but the Lord Jesus Christ ... He was the Healer, is the Healer and will be the Healer. Consider :-

Hebrews 12:1, 2 ( KJV)

1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. {author: or, beginner}

The point is when a person has a problem ...healing or whatever, Do they look at the Lord first and get His wisdom, thoughts OR panic and go for the carnal solution?

I have not been to the doctor or dentist for about 15 years nor have I taken any natural medicine for ~15 years And I give ALL the glory to the Lord Jesus Christ

Rapha.

... for I am the LORD that healeth thee. ( Exodus 15: 26 )
asaph
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2003, 03:54:13 PM »

Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Eph 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 3:6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Physical healing has, and always will be, associated with Israel’s program. Notice:

Exodus 15:26: And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee. (referring to Israel)

Matt. 4:23: And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Acts 3:6-11: 6: Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

7: And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

8: And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

9: And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

10: And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

11: And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.

Notice that when God healed the lame man in Acts 3 He completely healed his entire body.

Notice Paul, and see what happens to him when he prays for a healing:

II Cor. 12:7-9:

7: And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8: For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Paul asks the Lord for help three times and the Lord responded that His grace was sufficient. The passage also goes on to tell us that we are to glory in infirmities because it causes us to rely upon His strength.

Notice what Paul says about others and their sicknesses:

I Timothy 5:23: Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

II Timothy 4:20: Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.

In both of these passages, Paul does the opposite of healing them physically. To Timothy he tells him to take some medicine, and then he leaves Trophimus sick.

The basic issue here is that the healing program of God is not in affect in the age of Grace. It belongs to the Nation of Israel and their program. Understanding how to rightly divide the word of God will help to clear up the confusion regarding healing today.

From a Study By R. Jordan

Posted By Brother Love Smiley

P.S. I agree 100% on the above study
asaph
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 04:14:40 PM »

The basic issue here is that the healing program of God is not in affect in the age of Grace. It belongs to the Nation of Israel and their program. Understanding how to rightly divide the word of God will help to clear up the confusion regarding healing today.

BL,
Is it lawful to do good in this day of grace or to do evil. You truly have a limited view of Jesus Christ our grace. The Word gives us both physical and spiritual healing. We know God is sovereign and sometimes does not heal because he knows what we need before we ask. But to make a blanket statement that He does not heal at all is not true. Surely spiritual blessings are by far the most important but to say that God changed in His basic desire to bless physically is not good. Why do you think he still give's you food and raiment. This is to give you good health. He loves you and wants to give good things to you, even physical healing. I know He has healed me. Once he healed me of a hernia. I was going to turn in for the night and prayed by my bed side for God to heal me. The next morn I awoke with a complete healing. Once i was losing hair by the handful at the age of 20. I prayed and the next day or so I began to see hundreds of new hairs sprouting up. So do not tell me that healing is not for Today. I can tell of other healings but those two are sufficient.

The Lord Bless  You,

asaph
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 04:30:15 PM »

1 Corinthians 12:1.  Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
 2.  Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
 3.  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
 4.  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
 5.  And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
 6.  And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
 7.  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
 8.  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
 9.  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
 10.  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
 11.  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 04:33:26 PM »

1 Corinthians 12:28.  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
 29.  Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
 30.  Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
 31.  But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2003, 04:36:50 PM »

James 5:13.  Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
 14.  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
 15.  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
 16.  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2003, 07:24:30 PM »

Lets see

Christians have Baby - Christian dies

Heathens have Baby - Heathen dies

I believe when Christ was on earth and He healed someone they would have lived for a thousand years with Christ here.

But you all know why that never came about, Dont you???

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2003, 06:49:08 AM »

Hello everyone,

Are we talking about the Gift of healing now?

I think we are talking about many different issues here and trying to find one answer. This is confusing the issue.

1) atonement

2) Miraculous healing through human agency (gift of healing)

3) Unilateral miracles, mighty works of God alone.

4) Providence

A miracle...."a miracle is an extraordinary work of God that involves His immediate and unmistakable intervention in the physical realm in a way that contravenes natural processes.

providence....."Providence is Gods faithful, moment-by-moment control over everything He has made to ensure that everything He has created achieves the end He has chosen."

Help me out here? Which one are we talking about?

Some things to consider;

You claim the gift of healing is active today (Smith Wigglesworth raising the dead). Why would we need the "gift of healing" if all we had to do was to claim it? Why would anyone ever need the gift of healing since the time of the Corinthian Church?

Didn't God give us medicine?

You should check out what happened to the people who taught all you had to do was claim it (your healing). They said you didn't need doctors. Most sought medical care. most of the rest died.

Check it out. http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/healthyself.html

Everyone has the right to cry out to God when sick and ask for healing. He will heal you if it's within His will. Sometimes miraculously (this is rare), Mostly providentially. but his will comes first, always. The gift of healing was never intended to keep Christians healthy, It was a sign. to prove the deity of Christ, and to authenticate the Apostle's message.

God bless

4JC

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2003, 06:34:36 PM »

Hello everyone,

Are we talking about the Gift of healing now?

I think we are talking about many different issues here and trying to find one answer. This is confusing the issue.

1) atonement

2) Miraculous healing through human agency (gift of healing)

3) Unilateral miracles, mighty works of God alone.

4) Providence

A miracle...."a miracle is an extraordinary work of God that involves His immediate and unmistakable intervention in the physical realm in a way that contravenes natural processes.

providence....."Providence is Gods faithful, moment-by-moment control over everything He has made to ensure that everything He has created achieves the end He has chosen."

Help me out here? Which one are we talking about?

Some things to consider;

You claim the gift of healing is active today (Smith Wigglesworth raising the dead). Why would we need the "gift of healing" if all we had to do was to claim it? Why would anyone ever need the gift of healing since the time of the Corinthian Church?

Didn't God give us medicine?

You should check out what happened to the people who taught all you had to do was claim it (your healing). They said you didn't need doctors. Most sought medical care. most of the rest died.

Check it out. http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/healthyself.html

Everyone has the right to cry out to God when sick and ask for healing. He will heal you if it's within His will. Sometimes miraculously (this is rare), Mostly providentially. but his will comes first, always. The gift of healing was never intended to keep Christians healthy, It was a sign. to prove the deity of Christ, and to authenticate the Apostle's message.

God bless

4JC

Good question, Good post.

rapha777

Shalom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2003, 05:52:03 AM »

Within the Holy Bible there are several ways of getting healed. They include:-

1. Standing on the Word as explained in my first posting wrt 1 Peter 2 :24b

2. Laying Hands on the Sick according to Mark 16: 17, 18

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

3. Call For the elders James 5: 14 - 16
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.

4. Ask ( John 14: 13 ) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  

AND there are other methods!!!

The Holy Bible says it is God' s will to heal, for example,
see Matthew 8: 1 f  as it God' s will that everybody be saved.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2Pe 3:9 ).

How can you pray / act in faith if you are not sure of His will in this matter?

Rapha.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 05:54:26 AM by rapha777 » Logged

... for I am the LORD that healeth thee. ( Exodus 15: 26 )
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the