Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Praying With Paul
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 96 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Praying With Paul  (Read 117215 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: March 19, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »

Spiritual Wisdom

Passage

1 Corinthians 2:13

Prayer

Dear Father, giver of your wisdom, You have graciously imparted your wisdom to us. Thank you. You taught us not by words but by your Spirit, who interprets spiritual truths for those of us who believe. Only to those who live out your wisdom of the cross, who know the sweetness of true dedication to you, do you give understanding. Thank you for being our God, for giving us Jesus, for granting your Spirit to us, and for making us understand your purpose for our lives! In the name of Jesus I give you thanks for the supernatural wisdom you have bestowed on us by reason of our faith. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 19, 2012, 12:38:52 AM »

Supernatural Wisdom

Passage

1 Corinthians 2:11-16

Prayer

Dear Father, giver of your Holy Spirit, All praises to your blessed name, to you, our God! You have disclosed incredibly wonderful things to us through your Spirit, for your Spirit searches everything, even the deep things within you. No one comprehends your thoughts except your Spirit, just as no other person truly knows my thoughts as my own spirit does. But, all thanks to you, we have not received the spirit of the world but you have given us your very own Spirit, that we might understand the gifts bestowed on us by you. In the name of Jesus I give you thanks for the supernatural wisdom you have bestowed on me by reason of my faith. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 19, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »

God's Secret Wisdom

Passage

1 Corinthians 2:6-10

Prayer

Dear Father, revealer of secret wisdom, Thank you for revealing to us what has been hidden, the wisdom which you decreed before the ages concerning our salvation and glorification. None of the rulers of this age understood this or they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory. Thank you, Father, that you intend to glorify us along with your Son, Jesus. But you, O gracious God, have told us your secret - you mean to give us all things in glory with the Lord of Glory! As it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him," you have disclosed to us through your Spirit. Thank you for this precious promise! Thank you for this hope! Thank you for your love! In the name of Jesus, by his authority and according to his will, I lift up this petition. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 20, 2012, 09:21:57 PM »

Genuine Spirituality

Passage

1 Corinthians 3:1-7

Prayer

Dear Father, growth-giving God, Help me to be a genuinely spiritual person in Christ. Let me grow beyond having to be fed like a baby on soft food and milk. May I strive for maturity so I will be able to digest solid food. Keep me from being jealous and full of strife, from acting as mere human beings act - carnal! Help me to understand the equality of all your servants, and not to put one above another, or to claim special discipleship to any! Help me to see that it is not a question of who waters and who plants, for it is only you, God, who gives the increase. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 20, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »

Spiritual Discernment

Passage

1 Corinthians 2:14-16

Prayer

Dear Father, who gives us the mind of Christ, The natural person cannot understand us or you, or what you are doing in us, for these things are spiritually discerned, and he cannot receive your gifts. Natural people cannot judge us, but you enable us to judge everything. "For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we understand, for you have given us the very mind of Christ! How wonderful it is! How great and merciful you are to give us this precious gift! I love you, Lord.Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. In the name of Jesus I give you thanks for the supernatural wisdom you have bestowed on us by reason of our faith. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 21, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »

Giver of Life, Grower of Grace

Passage

1 Corinthians 3:8-9

Prayer

Dear Father, growth-giving God, Both the planter and the waterer are equal and shall receive their wages according to their labor. But you give life! You are the giver of growth! Your servants are just fellow workers for you. Our allegiance is not to them but to you. We are your field, your building. Build us into a magnificent temple! Grow us into luxuriant plants! Show your creativity, your power, your wisdom, your bounty in us! In the name of Jesus, the foundation of our lives, I ask all this. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 24, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »

All Things Are Ours

Passage

1 Corinthians 3:16-20

Prayer

Dear Father, who loves to dwell with man, Thank you for dwelling within our spirits, for making us your holy temple! Help us not to be deceived or to deceive ourselves. Let us be seen as foolish to the world, let us be fools for you, that we may be truly wise. For the wisdom of the world is pure folly in your eyes. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their craftiness," and "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile." So don't ever let us boast of men, or of ourselves. Don't let us be impressed with Ph.D.'s, or millions of dollars, or glamor or fame, or titles a mile long, or recognition banquets. Give us humility, in the blessed name of Jesus. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 24, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »

Escaping Doom

Passage

1 Corinthians 3:14-15

Prayer

Dear Father, designer of destiny, Even if I am not the best quality, you can save me myself - but I don't want to escape doom by a hairsbreadth. I want to fulfill all the potential you have placed within me and do all the good you have planned for me to do. Help me, Father, through the example of the Lord Jesus to be everything that you want me to be, to do everything you want me do, and to live my life at the peak of quality. Make all of us into what you want us to be, for such is our blessedness. Let me be a blessing to other people, that they may see your Son living in me and may give glory to you. In the blessed name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 24, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »

The One Foundation

Passage

1 Corinthians 3:9-13

Prayer

Dear Father, designer of destiny, Thank you for your concern for us. We are the field that you tend, the building that you build. You build us as living stones upon the one foundation, Jesus Christ. No other foundation is provided. No other is adequate. But Father, I am concerned. As I build on this foundation, and as I am built on it, may the quality of my life be such that it will survive the purifying fire of judgment. I don't want my life to be like wood, hay, or stubble. I want it to be like gold, silver and precious stones, so that when my work is tested by fire, it will be proven to be durable, wrought in you and not in my own vanity. Make all of us into what you want us to be, for such is our blessedness. In the blessed name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 25, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »

The Measure of Greatness

Passage

1 Corinthians 3:21-23

Prayer

Dear Father, kind and generous God, Let us look for the imitation of Jesus in the lives of others, for you have made this the measure of greatness. And even if we should find it, let us give the glory to you, to whom it truly belongs! For you are worthy! Thank you that you don't pay us what you owe, but give us everything freely! For all things are ours through your grace-whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world, or life or death, or things present or things future - everything is ours! And we are Christ's, and Christ is yours! Through him and you, we are wise, rich, beautiful and powerful, and have the promise of living happily forevermore! How wonderful! Thank you, Father. You are so generous and kind! In the blessed name of Jesus. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 27, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

The Proper Time for Judgment

Passage

1 Corinthians 4:5

Prayer

Dear Father, who drives away all the darkness, Keep me from passing judgment before the proper time, before the Lord comes, for he will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of every person's heart, including mine. And so everyone will receive appropriate commendation from you. Let me be concerned about "this day" and "that day." Let me do my best to serve you "this day" - today, that I may stand before you on "that day" - your day of reckoning! It is by Jesus' authority and in his name that I offer up this prayer. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 27, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »

Stewardship

Passage

1 Corinthians 4:1-4

Prayer

Dear Father, judge of all mankind, Help me be a profitable slave to you and good steward of your mysteries. As a steward may I be found trustworthy. May I not be concerned about being judged by human beings or by any human court. May I not even set in judgment on myself. Only you do that. I am not aware of anything against myself, but that, I understand, in and of itself, does not acquit me before you. You are my judge. You can condemn. And you can and will make me stand. It is by Jesus' authority and in his name that I offer up this prayer. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 28, 2012, 05:34:44 PM »

Everything Is Your Gift

Passage

1 Corinthians 4:6-7

Prayer

Dear Father, Help me to live according to your Holy Scriptures. That is why I pray to you in their very words. I want to be conformed to your will, for you will what is best for me. Help me not to be puffed up against my brothers and sisters in Christ. For who sees any difference in me. We all have been freely justified by your grace, forgiven of our sins. What have I that I have not been given? I cannot boast of anything as if it were not a gift. Whatever I am or have, Father, you have given. I would not be addressing this prayer to you if you had not called me to be your servant, your child, and your warrior in prayer. Thank you for calling me. Thank you for all your gifts. You are so gracious, so kind, so bountiful, so wonderful. My God, let me walk humbly with you all my days. In the name of Jesus, who calls us to his own kingdom and glory. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 30, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »

Christ's Admonition

Passage

1 Corinthians 4:14-21

Prayer

Dear Father, king of the ages, I am proud to be your child, and I want to listen carefully to your admonition. Help me to listen to you through the words of my spiritual fathers in the faith, your apostles. May I imitate them! Remind me of their ways in Christ. From them and through them may I learn that the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power. Come to me, Lord, to chasten me and change me. But please show your love in a spirit of gentleness, rather than with the fierce rod of your anger. I renounce all egotistical thinking and all arrogant talk. I turn my heart and mind toward you and submit my life! You, Father, are my God, my Lord, my Savior! You are worthy of all my love and obedience. In the name of Jesus I submit to your authority and ask your blessings to continue forever. Amen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »

The Holy Parade

Passage

1 Corinthians 4:8-13

Prayer

Dear Father, king of the ages, Would that your people were already filled! Would that they were already rich! Would that they were already kings and sharing the reign with each other! For then I would be sharing in it too. We know all this grandeur awaits us in the kingdom that is to come, but for now, give us the endurance to follow your apostles in a parade that is a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men. Many are strong, but we may have to put up with weakness. Many are held in honor, but we may be held in disrepute. We may have to be hungry and thirsty, ill-clad, buffeted and homeless, and we may have to do toilsome labor with our hands. When I am reviled, help me to bless in return. When I am persecuted, help me endure. When I am slandered, help me be conciliatory. To follow your apostles in this parade, I am willing to become the refuse of the world, the offscouring of all things! In the name of Jesus, give me a willing heart! Amen.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 96 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the