Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:30:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Whats wrong with this picture?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with this picture?  (Read 10638 times)
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2005, 04:43:31 AM »

I was so upset last night when I went to bed that my husband Dan registered and planned to post about your wholesale condemnation of me by accusing me of being someone else, with no evidence, no cause, no reason. I asked him not to. I said, if they already think I'm someone else under another name then they'll think you're me, anyway. It will just make things worse. Now I wish I had let him post, because he surely had something to say and I thought that by asking him to keep silent when others were falsely accusing me that I would have a better chance of actually convincing you I'm me instead of whoever it is you think I am.

I got up this morning early and logged on to read DreamWeaver's posts, and now I find that not only did you four accuse, judge, and render a verdict, all without even bothering to ask me, you also decided my husband was me, too, even though Dan didn't post. Now how much sense does that make? He didn't even post!
EDITED to add, why is it so funny to you that we have the same last name and ip? We are married, of course we have the same last name. And we live together, a radical concept these days I suppose but we're just old-fashioned that way.

I also wrote an email to my dad last night, asking him for advice and counsel. I asked, should I just "shake their dust from my feet" and look elsewhere? but now I don't know if I even need to wait for his answer. You have decided me, my husband and some innocent bystander from the UK are all the same person, and have enjoyed yourselves mightily by ridiculing us. If you're smart enough and suspicious enough to check the ip on me and my husband, then you ought to at least be smart enough to look at Simonlines's info and see that Simonline is from the UK, surely that can be done. I find it ironic that one of you is named "JudgeNot". I am so upset I don't know whether to cry, or feel contempt, or try to prove I'm me, or dismiss you as you have dismissed me. In one day you have made up your minds that I am someone else and made fun of and ridiculed me, yet you call yourselves Christians! The word "hypocrite" comes to mind. the words "Christian Fellowship" ring hollow here and the verses Matthew 7: 1-7, from which JudgeNot surely took his nick, should be a rebuke to you all.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 07:04:59 AM by TWalker » Logged

Isaiah 45:19
Romans 2:8
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2005, 05:06:11 AM »

Personally, I think your quest for the truth based on factual evidence rather than unsubstantiated hearsay is admirable. Wish that all Christians would operate according to such principles.

Simonline.

Thanks, me too.

DWalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2005, 07:34:33 AM »

They would have to be two separate people because they have the SAME IP.

Grin   Huh   Cool  Grin

Split personalities?    

Or are they

Maybe it's a new fitness craze.  They were WALKERS, you know!

*spew*
So much for that cup of coffee!

DWalker TWalker Twins separted at birth?

Hmm...  Now I realize that this may totally be a lost cause.  I went to report this post to the Moderator and, behold!, this person IS a Global Moderator!  Great.

Mocking people?  Making fun of people?  Is this Christian behavior?  Is this the fruit of the Spirit?  Is this walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh?  I do not think so.

This concerns me much more than any of these "Entertainment" topics combined, that is, that in "real life", so many Christians fall away from the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.

Not to stray too far off topic, but I've seen this kind of thing in so many groups and Bible Study sessions where, sometimes after just reading an obvious passage straight out of the NT that relates to an issue at hand, good Christian folks will fall almost immediately back into the ways of the World and say, "Heh heh.  Did you hear about so and so?  Boy, I think they're [insert nasty comment here]!", or "But, so and so really deserves my anger!", or "Didn't you hear what so and so did?  Let me tell you, [insert slander here].", etc., etc.  

Sad, but it happens.  I understand that.  I really do.  But, PLEASE, even when you're on a portion of a site like this that is in "fun", I would ask you to ask yourself one question:  "What Would Jesus Do?"  Then post accordingly.  (WWJD - Awesome practice that, unfortunately for some, has become nothing more than a cool bumper sticker to put on their car/clothing...  nothing more...)  

Sincerely,

Dan Walker
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 07:38:31 AM by DWalker » Logged

James 1:16 - If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless.
Simonline

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2005, 07:44:32 AM »

I was so upset last night when I went to bed that my husband Dan registered and planned to post about your wholesale condemnation of me by accusing me of being someone else, with no evidence, no cause, no reason. I asked him not to. I said, if they already think I'm someone else under another name then they'll think you're me, anyway. It will just make things worse. Now I wish I had let him post, because he surely had something to say and I thought that by asking him to keep silent when others were falsely accusing me that I would have a better chance of actually convincing you I'm me instead of whoever it is you think I am.

I got up this morning early and logged on to read DreamWeaver's posts, and now I find that not only did you four accuse, judge, and render a verdict, all without even bothering to ask me, you also decided my husband was me, too, even though Dan didn't post. Now how much sense does that make? He didn't even post!
EDITED to add, why is it so funny to you that we have the same last name and ip? We are married, of course we have the same last name. And we live together, a radical concept these days I suppose but we're just old-fashioned that way.

I also wrote an email to my dad last night, asking him for advice and counsel. I asked, should I just "shake their dust from my feet" and look elsewhere? but now I don't know if I even need to wait for his answer. You have decided me, my husband and some innocent bystander from the UK are all the same person, and have enjoyed yourselves mightily by ridiculing us. If you're smart enough and suspicious enough to check the ip on me and my husband, then you ought to at least be smart enough to look at Simonlines's info and see that Simonline is from the UK, surely that can be done. I find it ironic that one of you is named "JudgeNot". I am so upset I don't know whether to cry, or feel contempt, or try to prove I'm me, or dismiss you as you have dismissed me. In one day you have made up your minds that I am someone else and made fun of and ridiculed me, yet you call yourselves Christians! The word "hypocrite" comes to mind. the words "Christian Fellowship" ring hollow here and the verses Matthew 7: 1-7, from which JudgeNot surely took his nick, should be a rebuke to you all.

I think now would be a good time for some humble pie and apologies guys. Even if we believe that this person is wrong in her convictions that does not give us the right to either belittle or riddicule her, does it?

Time to show what it really means to be a Christian eh?

Simonline.
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2005, 07:54:04 AM »

I think now would be a good time for some humble pie and apologies guys. Even if we believe that this person is wrong in her convictions that does not give us the right to either belittle or riddicule her, does it?

Time to show what it really means to be a Christian eh?

Simonline.
I appreciate the effort Simonline, but they already think you're me, so this is probably futile, as are my husband's efforts.

You know, I've been online over 10 years and posted in a lot of forums, and I have never received this kind of hostile accusatory reception anywhere, until now on a supposedly "Christian" forum.

DWalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2005, 08:33:19 AM »

My intent was not to "blast" you but to give some friendly advice as to "what not to say". People can have opposing views without belittling others...

Goodnight Jim Bob. Oh thats right thats two separate people on this forum.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Wink Wink

Pastor Roger,

I am a bit surprised that someone in your position would contradict himself so quickly and, worse yet, participate in this kind of ridicule.

I'm sorry, but since the time I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord & Saviour on May 25, 1992, I have rarely seen a Pastor stray into this kind of behavior and, when they did, they were quick to correct it.  

Perhaps you were tempted/lured in by all of the other posts/suspicions, perhaps it's because it was late on a Friday evening, I understand how folks like to "wind down" or "have a little fun" when the week's work is done (M-F cultural thing, not like our work is EVER really DONE).

In any case, do you stand by your first piece of advice given to my wife OR should we instead use your later example (which I think was actually just a continuation of the down-hill slide started by others)?

Sincerely,

Dan Walker

P.S. I:  Hey, I'm actually a very easy person to get along with, and I DO understand how these kinds of things degenerate and build up walls between people.  I hope this gets cleared up so we might have better dialogues/understandings in the future.

P.S. II:  Martin Luther really knew how to party!  I really love his teachings on the Letter to the Galatians!  Yes, he also sometimes fell into doing/saying things that were probably not of the Spirit as well (some from hearsay, some from his own writings).  So, if the credited originator of the Protestant Reformation could fall into walking in the flesh (I'm not saying he did necessarily, only God really knew his heart)...

James 1:16 - If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2005, 09:28:24 AM »

Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

Together again - what a mystery.

Wow! - It's beyond comprehension how the folks on a Christian forum might think it was odd and hilarious that three people at once have a one-track mind on the ACLU.

UM?? - Together now twice. Gee, I can't figure this out. Did you really think that you could gang up and maybe sign us all up as card carrying members of the ACLU?  Grin  How the 1, 2, or 3 of you might or might not be related is really a moot issue. This is one of the funniest things that's happened here in a long time, so thanks for the laughs.

I do have one question that I would sincerely appreciate an answer for:  Is this the first Christian forum you've tried to do ACLU recruiting on? This would probably make for a great sitcom.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2005, 10:01:55 AM »

My intent was not to "blast" you but to give some friendly advice as to "what not to say". People can have opposing views without belittling others...

Goodnight Jim Bob. Oh thats right thats two separate people on this forum.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Wink Wink

Pastor Roger,

I am a bit surprised that someone in your position would contradict himself so quickly and, worse yet, participate in this kind of ridicule.

I'm sorry, but since the time I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord & Saviour on May 25, 1992, I have rarely seen a Pastor stray into this kind of behavior and, when they did, they were quick to correct it.  

Perhaps you were tempted/lured in by all of the other posts/suspicions, perhaps it's because it was late on a Friday evening, I understand how folks like to "wind down" or "have a little fun" when the week's work is done (M-F cultural thing, not like our work is EVER really DONE).

In any case, do you stand by your first piece of advice given to my wife OR should we instead use your later example (which I think was actually just a continuation of the down-hill slide started by others)?

Sincerely,

Dan Walker

P.S. I:  Hey, I'm actually a very easy person to get along with, and I DO understand how these kinds of things degenerate and build up walls between people.  I hope this gets cleared up so we might have better dialogues/understandings in the future.

P.S. II:  Martin Luther really knew how to party!  I really love his teachings on the Letter to the Galatians!  Yes, he also sometimes fell into doing/saying things that were probably not of the Spirit as well (some from hearsay, some from his own writings).  So, if the credited originator of the Protestant Reformation could fall into walking in the flesh (I'm not saying he did necessarily, only God really knew his heart)...

DWalker,

You really shouldn't try to confuse this thread with a Bible study, as there is no comparison.

A fairly close comparison would be the three stooges discussing politics. Add some pie tossing and it would be perfect. After all, isn't that what you came for?

DWalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

Together again - what a mystery.

Wow! - It's beyond comprehension how the folks on a Christian forum might think it was odd and hilarious that three people at once have a one-track mind on the ACLU.

UM?? - Together now twice. Gee, I can't figure this out. Did you really think that you could gang up and maybe sign us all up as card carrying members of the ACLU?  Grin  How the 1, 2, or 3 of you might or might not be related is really a moot issue. This is one of the funniest things that's happened here in a long time, so thanks for the laughs.

I do have one question that I would sincerely appreciate an answer for:  Is this the first Christian forum you've tried to do ACLU recruiting on? This would probably make for a great sitcom.

Amazing!  

A.  I, Dan Walker (DWalker), have not stated ANYTHING about the ACLU...  period.  I am not a member of the ACLU.  My only reason for signing up and posting on here to begin with was to clear up my wife's identity.  

B.  How is this a mystery that my wife and I are on at the same time?  Like many folks in regards to TV sets, we have more than one computer in our house that are able to connect to the internet at the same time.  My wife was on her laptop at the breakfast bar; I'm on my PC in my home office.  

C.  I thought by now that, after basically revealing all the information about our online identity, that the "mystery" would've been solved.  

D.  I admit, my motives have changed a bit, as I am now seriously questioning the "Christian maturity" of some of the members on this board, and I DO mean this in the same spirit as the Apostle Paul when he said:

I Corinthians 3:1-3:

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ.

2 I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able,

3 for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?

E.  As for mysteries, perhaps your efforts would be better suited to focusing on a REAL mystery, a mystery that can have life-changing effects, rather than this psuedo-mystery that you have created in your imagination:

Colossians 1:27:

27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Sincerely,

Dan Walker
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 10:10:26 AM by DWalker » Logged

DWalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2005, 10:08:44 AM »

You really shouldn't try to confuse this thread with a Bible study, as there is no comparison.

A fairly close comparison would be the three stooges discussing politics. Add some pie tossing and it would be perfect. After all, isn't that what you came for?

Hmm...

Are you advocating that there are contexts (ie. this message thread) where a Christian does not have to behave like a Christian but can instead resort to behavior which is questionable Christian behavior and, according to this site's own policies, could resort to being banned from this site?

Also, I believe my previous post to this one has clarified my motives for coming here.

Sincerely,

Dan Walker

TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2005, 12:02:45 PM »

You shouldn't post, where you live.

I may disagree with you.  I will not allow you to post private information about yourself. I have changed several things in the URL you have posted.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 12:21:49 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2005, 12:35:44 PM »

I may disagree with you.  I will not allow you to post private information about yourself. I have changed several things in the URL you have posted.

I was not posting anything you wouldn't already know if you'd bothered to check the ip/domain information my husband already posted. We've had those domains for several years, and our address is on the registration. And the information is public access (what I posted.)

You seem happy enough hurting innocent people by making unfounded accusations against them, but when I try to prove I'm being unfairly accused by trying to show I am a real person and not someone you had issues with on this site before, you delete my post.

You accuse me and my husband of being ACLU members - recruiters even! When he hasn't said a thing about the ACLU, just about who I am and the behavior of the people on this board attacking me, maligning me, belittling me, and generally being un-Christian. All I've done is ask some questions. Neither one of us a member of the ACLU, but even if we were, does that excuse the way you've treated us? By saying I'm someone else, you are calling me a liar. And now when I try to defend myself you use your moderator status again to delete a public access piece of information. My profile has my town where I live. You can google to find the county. And you can search county records for property owned. But I guess you are such a malicious person you'd rather spend your time hurling unjustified and unfair accusations at someone than bothering to even try to find the truth.

you called us the three stooges - I'm guessing the 3rd is that guy from the UK who I don't even know, but he's the only one here who has been reliably polite to me so no wonder you think he's me. you laughed at me. you posted silly and insulting graphics as a big joke. My husband is a good man and I try to be a good person but you are really making it hard for me to have tolerance and forgive your attitude, your hostility, your cruelty, and your rudeness.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2005, 01:24:20 PM »

I was not posting anything you wouldn't already know if you'd bothered to check the ip/domain information my husband already posted. We've had those domains for several years, and our address is on the registration. And the information is public access (what I posted.)

You seem happy enough hurting innocent people by making unfounded accusations against them, but when I try to prove I'm being unfairly accused by trying to show I am a real person and not someone you had issues with on this site before, you delete my post.
I think you happened to come on, at the wrong moment last night. Yes we were dealing with trolls. Who were in support of the ACLU.

You accuse me and my husband of being ACLU members - recruiters even!
I never said that.

When he hasn't said a thing about the ACLU, just about who I am and the behavior of the people on this board attacking me, maligning me, belittling me, and generally being un-Christian. All I've done is ask some questions. Neither one of us a member of the ACLU, but even if we were, does that excuse the way you've treated us? By saying I'm someone else, you are calling me a liar. And now when I try to defend myself you use your moderator status again to delete a public access piece of information. My profile has my town where I live. You can google to find the county. And you can search county records for property owned. But I guess you are such a malicious person you'd rather spend your time hurling unjustified and unfair accusations at someone than bothering to even try to find the truth.
If you are sincere, as it seems you are. I do say I'm sorry. I mean that. Asw I said in my first on the subject. Last night we were dealing with trolls. Some times we do go a little over board. You just came on at the wrong time. One of the things that threw us off, was your husband changing his e-mail address. That is a sign of a troll.

you called us the three stooges - I'm guessing the 3rd is that guy from the UK who I don't even know, but he's the only one here who has been reliably polite to me so no wonder you think he's me. you laughed at me. you posted silly and insulting graphics as a big joke. My husband is a good man and I try to be a good person but you are really making it hard for me to have tolerance and forgive your attitude, your hostility, your cruelty, and your rudeness.
Again, I never said y'all were the 3 stooges.

Edited to add;
I have never said I am perfect. I am human, and prone to mistakes.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 01:57:22 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2005, 01:30:12 PM »

Pastor Roger,

Sincerely,

Dan Walker

You are now the one making a judgement without knowing the context of the statement. We have a Jim here and we have a Bob here. I was talking to Jim not Bob, not you or TWalker. The implication of two/one is in reference to a troll that has been bothering us for a very long time.

You must admit that when two people with similar viewpoints (supporting the ACLU) arrive here at the exact same time and going to the exact same thread for their very first post is quite suspicious. Especially when we have had a person doing this exact same thing, on the exact same subject, time and time again. This person also used both UK and US info, all of it fictitious.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
DWalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2005, 02:14:21 PM »

You are now the one making a judgement without knowing the context of the statement. We have a Jim here and we have a Bob here. I was talking to Jim not Bob, not you or TWalker. The implication of two/one is in reference to a troll that has been bothering us for a very long time.

You must admit that when two people with similar viewpoints (supporting the ACLU) arrive here at the exact same time and going to the exact same thread for their very first post is quite suspicious. Especially when we have had a person doing this exact same thing, on the exact same subject, time and time again. This person also used both UK and US info, all of it fictitious.

I stand corrected, and I apologize for my judgment.  I DID indeed think you were talking about my wife and I; I had no idea you'all were dealing with trolls last night.

Sincerely,

Dan Walker

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the