Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286816 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Story
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Story  (Read 1152 times)
Danny C

The Only Way To Grow

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »

I have said hello earlier but now I'll tell you somethings about myself. I am not to blame if it sends you to sleep Wink

I am a 66 year youngster! From leaving school I spent 7 years in the RAF (Royal Air Force). Yes I am English. While in the RAF I had a year at Bahrein in the Persian Gulf. Most of my working life from leaving was spent in Engineering. Now I am very happily retired and loving every moment.

I live in Kingston-Upon-Hull in North East Yorkshire with my Wife of 5 years. Her name is Vera and she is Brazilian but only for another two weeks. She then becomes a British Citizen. We met "on line" when I lived in Grantham in the Midlands and she at Canterbury down south of UK. Ours is a wonderful story of internet romance succeeding  Grin. After only one week we were talking marriage and one month later we were! I know I did at one point think that we knew nothing about each other but then I thought "I know someone who knows all about us" I was convinced it was God who had brought us together and not chance so if He said YES then that was good enough for me  Grin The rest is, as they say, history - a good history. It's said that God always gives the best and He sure did with my Vera. Literally A Marriage Made in Heaven!

We both love playing bowls, indoor and outdoor. Not Tenpin but as I say the real thing - Lawn Green Bowling. I had said that I was giving up the outdoor bowling next year. Had enough playing in the rain and was just going to play indoors. But we are moving house and going to live in York (not New York but the original in England   Grin) so I might be playing outdoors one more year.

As I said, Vera, is Brazilian and so we have been over to Brazil a few times to date. I would go to live there except the weather is too hot for Vera. I love it but she (a Brazilian) can't stand it! It makes her legs swell up.

Well if you are still awake....well done!

Blessings to you
Danny

Let Go and Let God.
Jesus said "It is finished"
PAID IN FULL!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »

Hey Danny,

Nothing there to put me to sleep. Yes, it does sound like God meant for you and Vera to be together.

I spent some time in Bahrain myself. I was U.S. Navy but I was landlocked there at a 500 bed tent Hospital inside a British oil compound where we had scuds and patriot missiles dancing together overhead in 1991. That was my last duty station. The first was in the waters of Viet Nam.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sentry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 02:24:42 PM »

Hi Danny, isn't it amazing how life is.  Just when you might think that everything is all out of wack, God reaches down and does something like this. Congrads on being with the "love of your life"

Every journey begins with one step, when the destination is reached the journey ends, with the next step another journey begins.
Danny C

The Only Way To Grow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »

Hi Danny, isn't it amazing how life is.  Just when you might think that everything is all out of wack, God reaches down and does something like this. Congrads on being with the "love of your life"

She sure is   Grin

Let Go and Let God.
Jesus said "It is finished"
PAID IN FULL!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 01:16:15 PM »

Hello Danny,

I enjoyed your story. I'm happy that GOD has blessed you. I'm just thinking very simply that every good thing comes from GOD, so we know who to THANK!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the