Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bird & Squirrel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bird & Squirrel  (Read 959 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2005, 11:50:29 PM »

Bird & Squirrel - a first hand account.

A little while ago here in the California twilight, I was gazing aimlessly out my dining room window.  Suddenly, there came a squirrel dashing along the top rail of the backyard fence with a mockingbird in attacking pursuit.  

Mockingbirds are notoriously aggressive; particularly for the unfortunate that may get too close to their nest – but this bird had a definite chip on its shoulder.  The mockingbird was attacking the fleeing squirrel about every third stride, and the young furry critter wasn’t intending on sticking around for a confrontation.  (Kinda like the French.  Grin )  That bird would swoop in and thump that squirrel on the butt and the squirrel would jump straight up about a foot, take a couple of mock-swings at the agile feathered aggressor and then resume his seemingly self-saving wingless flight towards…
freedom?

Where WAS that squirrel running to?  Home to mamma back in the orchard?  Back to a tree far, far away; where the leaves were greener and the walnuts were bigger and mockingbirds were things of tree-side squirrel tales?

You and I are created in God’s image.  The Word (also recognized as the Truth and the Light) says so.  And because we are in His image His nemesis hates us.  We are repeatedly under attack from the fallen angels of the air; angels that have sworn allegiance to Lucifer.  The fallen are relentless and their attacks are continuous and, like the squirrel, many simply flee – putting up a mock show of might – continually running and searching for a safe utopia.  

Hebrews 13:14 tells us that here (on this earth) we have no fixed resting place, but our search is for the one (the new heaven & earth) which is to come.  Don’t seek an earthly utopia, but rather seek the Kingdom ruled by God.  

GOOD NEWS!  (GOSPEL!!!!) We don’t have to aimlessly flee as the squirrel does!  We can stand up and fight!!!!  At the mere mention of Christ’s Blood, shed for us, demons writhe in agony.  His Blood renders evil to a helpless boiling mass in the pit’s never-quenched thirst of endless flame.  

Dearest Jesus: Glory be to You, Lord, for Your sacrifice that saves us from the agony that would be ours if Satan had his way.  PRAISE YOU, Lord, for Your merciful love.
Amen.

And that, my ChristiansUnite friends, is the story of the Bird & Squirrel, as played out under God's direction and as witnessed by me this June evening in 2005.

I love you all; God bless us every one.
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 12:03:02 AM »

Bird & Squirrel - a first hand account.

A little while ago here in the California twilight, I was gazing aimlessly out my dining room window.  Suddenly, there came a squirrel dashing along the top rail of the backyard fence with a mockingbird in attacking pursuit.  

Mockingbirds are notoriously aggressive; particularly for the unfortunate that may get too close to their nest – but this bird had a definite chip on its shoulder.  The mockingbird was attacking the fleeing squirrel about every third stride, and the young furry critter wasn’t intending on sticking around for a confrontation.  (Kinda like the French.  Grin )  That bird would swoop in and thump that squirrel on the butt and the squirrel would jump straight up about a foot, take a couple of mock-swings at the agile feathered aggressor and then resume his seemingly self-saving wingless flight towards…
freedom?

Where WAS that squirrel running to?  Home to mamma back in the orchard?  Back to a tree far, far away; where the leaves were greener and the walnuts were bigger and mockingbirds were things of tree-side squirrel tales?

You and I are created in God’s image.  The Word (also recognized as the Truth and the Light) says so.  And because we are in His image His nemesis hates us.  We are repeatedly under attack from the fallen angels of the air; angels that have sworn allegiance to Lucifer.  The fallen are relentless and their attacks are continuous and, like the squirrel, many simply flee – putting up a mock show of might – continually running and searching for a safe utopia.  

Hebrews 13:14 tells us that here (on this earth) we have no fixed resting place, but our search is for the one (the new heaven & earth) which is to come.  Don’t seek an earthly utopia, but rather seek the Kingdom ruled by God.  

GOOD NEWS!  (GOSPEL!!!!) We don’t have to aimlessly flee as the squirrel does!  We can stand up and fight!!!!  At the mere mention of Christ’s Blood, shed for us, demons writhe in agony.  His Blood renders evil to a helpless boiling mass in the pit’s never-quenched thirst of endless flame.  

Dearest Jesus: Glory be to You, Lord, for Your sacrifice that saves us from the agony that would be ours if Satan had his way.  PRAISE YOU, Lord, for Your merciful love.
Amen.

And that, my ChristiansUnite friends, is the story of the Bird & Squirrel, as played out under God's direction and as witnessed by me this June evening in 2005.

I love you all; God bless us every one.
Jim

What a precious post!  

Thanks JN!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 12:14:08 AM »

JudgeNot,

Another AMEN! Brother. We all need to put on the Whole Armor of God and fight the good fight.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 108:13  Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 12:28:58 AM »

Another Amen, Brother.

That would have been a sight to see. I love seeing Satan and his friends fleeing also. A young lady just told my wife and I tonight that every time she feels under attack she reminds them of their fate.

Jam 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 11:42:17 PM »

Praise God brother...we wrestle not against flesh and blood.
But Christ gives us the victory in his name.

God bless you brother Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the